@ellise @liddi 

thanks so much for the fanfic you shared. I like how it resolved a lot of the whatifs… my heart is finally at ease. and i can finally be productive again ? 

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/555723806

So, I'm doing the usual surfing the internet, and I find someone is posting a gif for each episode of LYF.  Going down the list smiling, and then I get to this one.  And I'm like, WUT???

https://x.com/Hathor91613373/status/1702722531034104207?s=20

And then I realize it's our XL x  XY ship not just sinking, but getting obliterated to smithereens  ... by another ship!  There's not even enough to sink.  I'm dying here.  Laughing and crying at the same time.

Also.  This highly accurate take on XL and XY's early relationship.

XL knew from the moment they met that XY was a woman in disguise, but she was getting on his nerves  and he was having a hard time figuring out his feelings. We know he did though because he accepted the Lover’s Bug even though she talks too much.

https://x.com/MissDarcy2/status/1703024867656831222?s=20

LOL!

Kokuto:

So, I'm doing the usual surfing the internet, and I find someone is posting a gif for each episode of LYF.  Going down the list smiling, and then I get to this one.  And I'm like, WUT???

https://x.com/Hathor91613373/status/1702722531034104207?s=20

And then I realize it's our XL x  XY ship not just sinking, but getting obliterated to smithereens  ... by another ship!  There's not even enough to sink.  I'm dying here.  Laughing and crying at the same time.

THis is soooooo GOOD! THX you made my day :D!!!!!

bugei:

@ellise @liddi 

thanks so much for the fanfic you shared. I like how it resolved a lot of the whatifs… my heart is finally at ease. and i can finally be productive again ? 

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/555723806

No problems - all thanks go to the author 醋坛坛, whose incredible work 不负相思意 Fulfilled Yearning helped ease the gaping wound that Tong Hua left us. It is almost ludicrous yet so familiar how shattered I felt after reading the novel, exactly how 步步惊心 Scarlet Heart left me 12 years ago, and I am just so grateful that I found this fanfic which gave us an alternate universe where Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao find happiness together. What I particularly love about it is how cleverly the author ensured that everything in the novel remains as canon, and we see all the familiar scenes play out again but branching into an alternate possibility, including that brilliant reference and use of the ancient 盘古弓 Pan Gu Bow which was such an intrinsic part of Xiao Yao's parents' fate so many years ago. Bravo.

Symbolika1:

THis is soooooo GOOD! THX you made my day :D!!!!!

I was hoping to see something terrible but it was literally a ship being obliterated ?????

nathsketch:
There are all kinds of name calling, and somehow the “XL fanatics” are the ones responsible for turning the main comment section toxic? I swear I have never read a comment coming from a YaoLiu calling real people who happen to be a Jing fan something like “a doormat lover”, for example

It's frankly embarrassing how some of those fans are. We're all grown adults here so seeing those fans attack others for just stating their opinion on a FICTIONAL character is ridiculous. And like you, I've also never seen a YaoLiu attack Jing fans. It's always the Jing fans that are saying stuff like we're delusional, crazy, or fanatics. Yesterday, I went on the other forum and I read a comment making fun of us for hoping for that YaoLiu special. They said it's a fake happy ending -_- .... Like, we can't even hope for something without people making fun of us. That possible special episode is one of the few reasons I'm watching season 2.

Anyway, I said what I had to say and I'm not going to that other forum anymore. I thought I'd see some cute Jing stuff on there but it's filled with criticisms of us. It just makes my head hurt.

Have you guys already seen this? AH has probably posted something like this already, but it's a very detailed explanation of the bugs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/374673724446311/permalink/646947373885610

The translation is not ideal, but I think we can have an idea.

Elise:
Anyway, I said what I had to say and I'm not going to that other forum anymore. I thought I'd see some cute Jing stuff on there but it's filled with criticisms of us. It just makes my head hurt.

Noo, we gotta keep camping there. No way I'm letting that comment section be overrun by nastiness.

nathsketch:

Have you guys already seen this? AH has probably posted something like this already, but it's a very detailed explanation of the bugs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/374673724446311/permalink/646947373885610

The translation is not ideal, but I think we can have an idea. 

Very nice and detailed analysis of the lover bugs ?

Elise:

Very nice and detailed analysis of the lover bugs ?

Yes, right??? I'm saving this post so I can one day be able to read it in it's original version #lifegoals haha

Elise:
Anyway, I said what I had to say and I'm not going to that other forum anymore.

Good call. It's not worth stressing over. 

nathsketch:

Noo, we gotta keep camping there. No way I'm letting that comment section be overrun by nastiness.

nathsketch you gotta unsubscribe from that thread for the sake of your own mental health. I've unsubscribed from it a few times before (when there were dozens of posts about DW projects that are not related to LYF, which don't interest me).

I'm not a fan of the shot taking, but I prefer they do it in that thread than in the main comment section. Everyone needs to vent somewhere I guess. And it's not everyone in that thread. There are a few of us that try to get the conversation back on topic every time it starts going that way.

nathsketch:

lol ok. I'm going to have to block a few people so I don't the see the overwhelming nastiness though :|

nathsketch:
AH has probably posted something like this already

Lol, yes I've posted excerpts of this conversation from chapter 37 before.

AH :

Good call. It's not worth stressing over. 

nathsketch you gotta unsubscribe from that thread for the sake of your own mental health. I've unsubscribed from it a few times before (when there were dozens of posts about DW projects that are not related to LYF, which don't interest me).

I'm not a fan of the shot taking, but I prefer they do it in that thread than in the main comment section. Everyone needs to vent somewhere I guess. And it's not everyone in that thread. There are a few of us that try to get the conversation back on topic every time it starts going that way.

Oh, I thought you meant the main comment section, not the fox lair.

I only went there yesterday to say what I had to say and then left without looking back. I'm not setting foot there again. But you, my utmost respect to you for always bringing your references and excerpts with you every time there's ignorance flying around. I agree, it's not everyone on that thread. But the louder ones unfortunately tend to do more damage.