Kokuto:
I don't think they are going to cut the ice crystal ball and letter out of the show.  As Sirry Usly  said, there's the scene off XY waiting on the rock by the sea.  Plus, there's pics of XL holding up what looks like a little wooden sculpture -- which would fit what you posted about.  I'll try to find links of them.

I think someone mentioned she was wearing white while waiting by the sea, but in the pictures released of YZ, she was wearing red. Coz I also remember when FFB crashed her wedding, it was described in the novel as him wearing white.

Kokuto:
Perhaps the actual engagement hasn't been settled, or the wedding date, and she doesn't send XL the ice crystal until it's official?

I remembered. In the novel, it seems she was engaged with FL for years (novel readers can clarify this). She sent the crystal ball along with the letter to XL and waited for seven days before announcing the official wedding date. So, yeah, it's possible XL ofc knows about the engagement, but XY sending her the crystal ball and letter is a way of informing she's ready to announce a date for the wedding depending on his reply. And since no reply came or XL appearing, she proceeded with the wedding.

chase_kayden 

I don't think they are going to cut the ice crystal ball and letter out of the show.  As Sirry Usly  said, there's the scene off XY waiting on the rock by the sea.  Plus, there's pics of XL holding up what looks like a little wooden sculpture -- which would fit what you posted about.  I'll try to find links of them.

I think someone mentioned she was wearing white while waiting by the sea, but in the pictures released of YZ, she was wearing red. Coz I also remember when FFB crashed her wedding, it was described in the novel as him wearing white.

Wow.  White to a wedding. What a faux pas.  What?  XL didn't have time to change into his FFB clothes?  Or FFB just taking the chance to make yet another dig?

Perhaps the actual engagement hasn't been settled, or the wedding date, and she doesn't send XL the ice crystal until it's official?

I remembered. In the novel, it seems she was engaged with FL for years (novel readers can clarify this). She sent the crystal ball along with the letter to XL and waited for seven days before announcing the official wedding date. So, yeah, it's possible XL ofc knows about the engagement, but XY sending her the crystal ball and letter is a way of informing she's ready to announce a date for the wedding depending on his reply. And since no reply came or XL appearing, she proceeded with the wedding.

Ah.  If the engagement was years, then it could easily still all fit.

chase_kayden:

Yes, there were sort of two levels to the engagement. One in chapter 28 before ZX's coronation that was a promise for the future, but without a set wedding date. It wasn't so final. FFB and TSJ both knew about it, and it leads to a nice moment in chapter 29 where XY defends FFB from someone who insults him (after mistaking him as XY's fiance). From what I remember, XL wasn't surprised by that engagement, at least not in front of XY. I don't remember how TSJ was. 

The ice crystal ball and letter are sent years after ZX's coronation when XY and FL agree, as you said, to really make their engagement formal / official and announce a wedding date. 

AH :
Yes, there were sort of two levels to the engagement. One in chapter 28 before ZX's coronation that was a promise for the future, but without a set wedding date. It wasn't so final. FFB and TSJ both knew about it, and it leads to a nice moment in chapter 29 where XY defends FFB from someone who insults him (after mistaking him as XY's fiance). From what I remember, XL wasn't surprised by that engagement, at least not in front of XY. I don't remember how TSJ was. 

The ice crystal ball and letter are sent years after ZX's coronation when XY and FL agree, as you said, to really make their engagement formal / official and announce a wedding date. 

Thanks for confirming it ~

I guess the crystal ball and bellied doll will be kept in the drama coz that's kinda important to the plot of the story, too, esp. the ending. I'm just wondering where that tear-pearl fits in later on. Maybe XL will make a necklace out of it and give it to XY... ahaha, which I know sounds like very uncharacteristic of him. But if he can carve a bellied doll even during a war, then I guess it's possible ~

chase_kayden 

I guess the crystal ball and bellied doll will be kept in the drama coz that's kinda important to the plot of the story, too, esp. the ending. I'm just wondering where that tear-pearl fits in later on. Maybe XL will make a necklace out of it and give it to XY... ahaha, which I know sounds like very uncharacteristic of him. But if he can carve a bellied doll even during a war, then I guess it's possible ~

Nothing but a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he dies clutching the pearl.  Cause XL dying without XY doing anything / or ignorant of his love is going to tear our hearts out, but the creators want to make sure they stomp our XL loving hearts completely flat.  sob

Kokuto:

chase_kayden 

Nothing but a guess on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he dies clutching the pearl.  Cause XL dying without XY doing anything / or ignorant of his love is going to tear our hearts out, but the creators want to make sure they stomp our XL loving hearts completely flat.  sob

What's the significance of the big bellied laughing doll with the sealed crystal ball?  The crystal ball contains the image of a mermaid rested on the sideway of the clam shell and a merman floating in the ocean.  

What does the image depict?

Kokuto:

chase_kayden 

Yeah. They don't just want our hearts to shatter, they wanna scatter them around or prolly feed them to the wild animals XD

mparthur:

What's the significance of the big bellied laughing doll with the sealed crystal ball?  The crystal ball contains the image of a mermaid rested on the sideway of the clam shell and a merman floating in the ocean.  

What does the image depict?

AH  explained it a couple of posts back.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2694317&page=32#p2694317

chase_kayden:

Yeah. They don't just want our hearts to shatter, they wanna scatter them around or prolly feed them to the wild animals XD

Exactly.  You'd think they were getting paid by our tear drops and heart breaks.  ;p

Kokuto:

chase_kayden 

I as well think they will keep the doll part in. What XL did with the teardrop pearl later is unknown. (any thoughts?) ...He might place and seal it in the hollow place of his heart that he gave to XY. What at least I like to see at his ending and tragic death is something like that his soul with the pearl soaring in the air moving high above. More to depict his incarnation in his next life keeping his precious love with her. Some sort of karma for his sacrifices, good deeds, and love.

@noush 

I could see them doing something like that with the teardrops and it would break me ?

Do you think XL would be smart enough to seal a part of himself somewhere … so one day he could be resurrected? Is that even possible in this fantasy world? Ha ha ha …. 

AH :

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I saw something about TSJ being the person who tells XL / FFB about XY's engagement. Which has me worried that they're going to cut the ice crystal ball and letter out of the narrative entirely (and maybe use XY's tear-pearl for the wedding gift somehow?). I will be very sad if they cut it. 

Thank you for the detailed description about the significance of the doll and the crystal ball.  

QuinlanKay Yes! In nearly every drama, there's always some 500-1000 years of waiting for someone to be resurrected/ reincarnated, and they're telling us that this very powerful being with NINE lives will simply die and that's it? I think a riot may be in order ?

nathsketch:

QuinlanKay Yes! In nearly every drama, there's always some 500-1000 years of waiting for someone to be resurrected/ reincarnated, and they're telling us that this very powerful being with NINE lives will simply die and that's it? I think a riot may be in order ?

Ha ha ha!
This  gives us XL & XY shippers to create their own happy ending …. Imagination and creativity for the talented writers. 

I had my iPad read the novel to me, took a couple of days at 1.25 speed, I needed the resolution.