Kokuto:

Arrrgh!  What is wrong with him?!?!  KISS HER!

AHAHAHA!

AH :

No. There is a scene where XY tries to kiss XL for air and XL refuses her (the opposite of what happens earlier in the novel, but I don't remember which chapter it's in), but I'm referring to a scene on land where XL is badly injured and upset with XY and XY does a few things...

Really? So I guess there's more XY-XL moments if it will not be cut in the drama.

AH :

If they include everything from the novel there is so much YaoLiu angst left. Chapter 32 (after the wedding, which I expect might be where S1 cuts off). Chapter 43 (one of my favourites). Chapter 46. Chapter 48. Chapter 51. And the epilogue. Plus a few bits in other chapters. 

But I'm not sure everything will be included. There were already things that were cut or not fully conveyed in the first 30 episodes.

I would take even the angst, beggars can't be choosers so I want all the crumbs.

The wedding you're referring to is Jing's wedding, right?

Also, can you tell me what Chapter 43 is all about?

chase_kayden:
The wedding you're referring to is Jing's wedding, right?

No, chapter 32 is XY's wedding with FL, the interruption, and the aftermath.

chase_kayden:
Also, can you tell me what Chapter 43 is all about?

Well, some tidbits: XL saves XY from danger. XY sees XL's true demon form. XL drinks blood from XY's neck to heal. XY falls asleep in XL's arms. XY says she will agree to any price (unrelated to ZX) if he helps her find a demon. XL makes her promise to live, even if TSJ is dead. XY wonders if she had met XL years earlier, could he have found the woman he loved? Would he take her out to shop and eat (like FFB)?

AH :

Well, some tidbits: XL saves XY from danger. XY sees XL's true demon form. XL drinks blood from XY's neck to heal. XY falls asleep in XL's arms. XY says she will agree to any price (unrelated to ZX) if he helps her find a demon. XL makes her promise to live, even if TSJ is dead. XY wonders if she had met XL years earlier, could he have found the woman he loved? Would he take her out to shop and eat (like FFB)?

Oh, so that will happen on S2 perhaps then. Her wedding with FL.

What a nice chapter ~ I'm surprised XL bites her in the neck this time after what happened when she refused to be bitten in her neck after she's become a woman.

chase_kayden:
I'm surprised XL bites her in the neck this time after what happened when she refused to be bitten in her neck after she's become a woman.

The dynamic is quite different between them at this point, and they are both a bit worked up.

AH :

Wow, these are all very nice scenes between them. Hopefully we get to see some in S2!…It definitely shows XY’s POV that she does care for XL.

AH :

This is a sad scene, TBH.  This shows how deep Xiang Liu's love for Xiao Yao.  

This is the song to represent XL's love for XY:

Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx (spoiler alert: mind the haircut):
https://youtu.be/S_E2EHVxNAE

So how didja guys find the  37 years? Seems like novel readers are a bit disappointed about it. I think I need to really read the novel to see the differences.

chase_kayden:

So how didja guys find the  37 years? Seems like novel readers are a bit disappointed about it. I think I need to really read the novel to see the differences.

Yes and no. I remember flooding my room with tears reading about the 37 years.  Watching it was more angst than teary. I’m happy she could SEE him and watch his demeanor. In the book, she could only hear him. I feel angsty bc I wish they would fight for their love. It’s the same in the novel, but makes me feel worse on screen. If they are not meant to be in love, I would rather they just leave each other alone. It’s upsetting watching 2 ppl who clearly care so much about each other refuse to tell each other the truth.

I really hope for an alternative ending for XL in S2 where he is alive in some form. To be clear, I don’t care if he is with XY, i just want him to be alive, live for himself, and be carefree.

madongsok:

just by reading spoilers from novel reades abt how XL's ending, my tears come out insantly coz it's painful and unfair for him, it's been two weeks like this, bet i'm gonna crazy and get sick (heartache) if this continue, i think i can't handle if they show this later end the end,  so i'm planning to wait until i've seen spoilers abt how XL's end to prevent my heartache..

You’re not alone. I’ve been feeling super angsty about XL. I may have to stop. He is the only one i really care about in this drama.  I am so fearful he will have the same ending as in the novel.

Did you guys see how XL is self-sabotaging in ep 37? Ik he was going to dodge the kiss but...ugh! He keeps sinking his own ship both in the novel and in the show ???

Furball:

You’re not alone. I’ve been feeling super angsty about XL. I may have to stop. He is the only one i really care about in this drama.  I am so fearful he will have the same ending as in the novel.

Honestly, this season is probably a good season for you to stop if he's the only character you really resonate with because he is definitely going to have the same ending as in the novel. I feel like TJC has been trying to prepare viewers for that tbh and same with the LYF team...

Furball:

I really hope for an alternative ending for XL in S2 where he is alive in some form. To be clear, I don’t care if he is with XY, i just want him to be alive, live for himself, and be carefree.

I'm not sure XL is capable of that. At the very least he would be lonely, but also he seems like someone who always needs to have a purpose.