Reading from above comments, so seems like ep 31/32, the healing between XL and XY have more intimate scenes in the novel; and XL hug her to sleep…that’s so sweet. The drama really downplay their physical connection. 

Then at ep 34, when XL pushed XY away and purposely choose to be hostile and walked away into the shadow, TJC’s back view and that walk was just super emotional and sad to watch. 

SlytherinGirl:
Xiao Yao ran away as fast as she could and in a second she ran from Qing Qiu to Qing Shui Town. Xiao Yao jumped in the river and swam towards the vast blue ocean. She could see endless horizons and the joy of swimming freely, but she was so so tired! Where could she go in this entire world? Fang Feng Bei appeared on the surface and he sat on an all white clam shell smiling at her with his black hair flying in the breeze. Xiao Yao swam towards him but in a second his hair turned all white and he became Xiang Liu coldly staring at her. White clam shell, all white Xiang Liu, it was like an ice mountain floating on the ocean surface.

The black hair him, the white hair him, closer and further away……Xiao Yao suddenly turned and swam towards land, as she swam her tears tumbled down like rain……

Xiao Yao startled awake from her dream and felt coldness next to her. She touched her face and discovered that she was drenched in tears.

Which part should this be? The one where she was dreaming and waking up crying.

So I think this is what Tong Hua meant that there's some limitations to adapting a novel to a drama. So prolly that clamshell scene is the best that they could do to portray it in a drama format. Some things will be added and some things will be omitted as it's all in XY's POV in the novel.

It's nice to know that XY leaving her tears and XL keeping it as a pearl is an addition to the drama. This is also the very first time that XY weeps for XL in a way.

Some more thoughts on ep 34, I felt XL brought XY to watch the slaves’ fight arena and his conversation to her at the fight, was to remind her not to give up (she was so down after TSJ), hence he told her even at most desperation, the last hope will still give strength to overcome. She understood and she started to shout at the slave boy to get up and don’t give up. XL is so wise and her true protector.

How I look watching each episode although I HATE all the angsty, heartbreaking XL scenes and told myself to stop: 🤡🎪

Megumi-H:

Some more thoughts on ep 34, I felt XL brought XY to watch the slaves’ fight arena and his conversation to her at the fight, was to remind her not to give up (she was so down after TSJ), hence he told her even at most desperation, the last hope will still give strength to overcome. She understood and she started to shout at the slave boy to get up and don’t give up. XL is so wise and her true protector.

Thats the pro of having nine heads haha.  He always say things with hidden meaning .... luckily for him, XY is smart and is almost always able to figure it out. 

chase_kayden:

I never watch a harem drama. So this will be my first and last watching such. I just wanna spare myself from heartbreak in case I'm on the wrong ship again.. haha. 

Yes XL is too heartbreaking 💔💔💔

One question, was it in the novel that to activate the bow given by XL, XY needs blood from both herself and XL?

Megumi-H:

One question, was it in the novel that to activate the bow given by XL, XY needs blood from both herself and XL?

No. In the novel, the bow would only acknowledge as its master a person who had consumed XL's blood. Since XY already had XL's blood in her system, that was enough for the bow to acknowledge her. She didn't need to go to XL to get more blood. 

Minny Me.11:

Yes XL is too heartbreaking 💔💔💔

He's just too pitiful. He doesn't even have someone or need someone. And that scene with Left Ear asking if he could follow him and he says he doesn't need people ):

AH :

No. In the novel, the bow would only acknowledge as its master a person who had consumed XL's blood. Since XY already had XL's blood in her system, that was enough for the bow to acknowledge her. She didn't need to go to XL to get more blood. 

This would have been much better.

I suddenly miss the earlier parts of XL being the demon that he is, baring his fangs and all. He's been too human now that it's so heartbreaking. Ahhh... miss those days.

AH :

Thank you! I thought so too that XY should already have XL’s blood in her. But that’s a nice creative scene written  for this drama, for XY to find him, and XL didn’t tell her and teased her about shooting his blood:). 

chase_kayden:

This would have been much better.

This drama keeps wanting us to see XL’s sadness. Lol! That scene that he walked away after she bow to him was also emotional.

Megumi-H:

This drama keeps wanting us to see XL’s sadness. Lol! That scene that he walked away after she bow to him was also emotional.

Which part was this? I didn't finish all the eps yet.. haha. I don't wanna watch on the small screen of my phone ~