H19279:

you can also compare her facial expression when WXL asked XL for help with removing the bug and when WXL asked Jing to help him escape QS town. Completely different attitude

Yeah WXL asking helplessly was a real expression. But ab asking Jing never noticed since I skip the scene that XL is not (need to watch that), even in that part the very first person WXL thought of for help was XL, by hitting his leg :)

plor20:

True! The puppy eyes she gave XL were enough for him to soften his cold demeanor. As for WXL, has she ever given Jing those puppy eyes? (Rhetorical question) @Kimiya78 In the novel, XY actually laughed outloud at Jing request. That's how much she believed in him. haha.

Yeah truly agree with you. Her urgently saying "please please" with her real facial expression did the trick.
I believe that XL & WXL/XY scenes are more affective/emotional than any others. I literally can sense/touch their feelings :)

H19279:
It is not really that Jing gifted that place to XY. There are many abandoned housing in Sheng-nong mountain. CX at that time was assigned to renovate the palace on Sheng-nong peaks.

I forgot to give a little context about why we both framed this as a "gift". We both wrote separate comments to reply to a Jinger's post declaring how romantic that Jing gifted the hut to XY and that thier love story was like her parents; it was so romantic and destined! So I guess, with this context, I hope it makes a little more sense why we wrote our discussion this way.

H19279:
I don't think this hut as kind of YaoJing's house and and found KH's point was a bit too far.

She doesn't think it's a YaoJing's house. She and I both don't view this house as the home for them to literally live in. We both view this house a metaphor that TH wrote for Jing's intention of wanting to be the one to build XY a home, but he actually will be building it on top of another man's love for XY.

H19279:
I wrote a post about Cao Ao crest somewhere around New Years but I haven't found it yet (it's nightmare to seek for old information in MDL).

I read this. It was great insight! I loved it, so many details. Actually, the details in this analysis reinforces the idea that YaoJing love line is being made from the foundation of YaoLiu. XY finds comfort in an environment that reminds her of the man she truly loves.

H19279:
In ancient time, hibicus leaves was used as dying agent for gray hair to make it black. And hibicus leaves might be used by XL to dye his hai

Omy. Another beautiful detail! Love it.

Kimiya78:
I believe that XL & WXL/XY scenes are more affective/emotional than any others. I literally can sense/touch their feelings :)

This is what happens when two actors are on the same vibe. They understand each other work and therefore are able feed of each other energy to create synergy. XD

ZYHLJ:

@HeadInTheClouds

Xiang Liu in the novel does know that Xiao Yao does not really love Jing, as you said, but I still think Xiao Yao is just deceiving herself in both the drama and the novel, and she is not pretending to love Jing intentionally, otherwise her character is really questionable. Would Xiang Liu love such a hypocritical and scheming woman?

I'm a little confused. Do you mean Xiao Yao is lying to herself that she loves Jing and she believes it? Rather than that, she knows that she doesn't love Jing, but pretends like she does ?

As to whether Xiang Liu would love someone so scheming and hypocritical? Well, he got catfished - he fell in love with WYL :-). WYL got a personality transplant when he returned to being XY. It's difficult to stop loving someone so poor Xiang Liu was stuck :-)

More seriously, I don't think XY is scheming. She does have a lot of limitations that I think you need to be patience to deal with. XL knew her very well and was very accepting of her struggles/limitations. 

Digging up days-old posts now that I have the time to properly respond.

H19279:
He probably would not drag her around like @HeadInTheCloud said but he would drag or try all kind of doctors.

I would like to go on the record to clarify my comment about Cang Xuan dragging Xiao Yao's body to every doctor that he could find to seek a cure. It appeared that what was meant to be an irreverent comment made to illustrate a point was taken to be serious. When will MDL give us the smiley faces back, 'cause I obviously need them :-). So no, I do not advocate for Cang Xuan or anyone in reel or real life to literally drag their loved one's comatose body all hither and yond. I also do not advocate for anyone to pull a Jahi McMath - a very tragic situation for everyone involved. I even stated in my original comment that Cang Xuan's "delusional" behaviour in insisting on saving Xiao Yao should be done within moderation. 

And the whole point of that comment and my original post waaaay back was not to show who did the most to save Xiao Yao, but to highlight Jing's intention and state of mind and what they say about his character by comparing him to Cang Xuan. My point was that when the flame spread, Jing's intention was to die with Xiao Yao, he wasn't trying to save or protect her. The fact that he managed to help preserve her body was simply a happenstance (a plot device by the author so that our FL won't die and end the story) rather than an intentional act. Jing lucked out that Cang Xuan's people arrived in time to save both of them. Otherwise, we would have gotten 2 corpses in that forest. 

This whole thing just showed Jing's weakness of character and his dependency on Xiao Yao. Faced with adversity, he showed no grit or fighting spirit - just sought death. If he hasn't been so weak, he might have been able to think that just because his weak spiritual power couldn't save her,  maybe someone else in Da Huang could and tried to get XY out of there. Instead, he was so focused on the loss of his life-preserver (aka XY), that instead of fighting to give her a chance to live, his instinct was simply just to die with her. And then to make things even more irritating, while other people fought to save XY, he slept for the next 37 years.

What's even more galling is that once XY healed (through none of his effort, 'cause he was too busy sleeping), thanks to her "psychological deficiencies", his cowardice and weakness were rewarded. You know, if I inadvertently helped to save someone when my actual intention was to die with them, I would feel guilty, embarrassed and ashamed when I realized that because of my own weakness, I'd essentially condemned them to death if it wasn't for someone else's timely action. But Jing? Nada! Too busy playing the pity card to manipulate Xiao Yao's sympathy and begging to be her slave. This man has zero integrity or self-respect.  It's safe to say that Jing and I do not share similar values. No wonder I don't like him :-)

H19279:
TH used the same phase for the spiritual power - 源源不绝. There are many words which have the same meaning of continuous (or unending). Why did TH use only 1 phrase to indicate the characteristic of the stream unless she gave the glue that they came from the same source.

This is a good pick up. Such attention to details :-). Do you have any other similar examples of TH using this method to hide details?

HeadInTheClouds:

This is a good pick up. Such attention to details :-). Do you have any other similar examples of TH using this method to hide details?

I often feel like I'm missing at least a quarter, maybe more, of what is going in this book, because I don't understand Mandarin.  lol

Kokuto:

I often feel like I'm missing at least a quarter, maybe more, of what is going in this book, because I don't understand Mandarin.  lol

I wouldn't say that you missed a quarter of the story. The English translation of the book is very decent so you'll get a good chunk of the story - I think it's enough to get the story. But if you're obsessive and really want to dig into this whole "snake in the grass" writing things that TH had going on, then you'll need a magnifying glass :-). You really need to pay attention to every little details, and frankly that's not how most people read. 

Even the official Vietnamese version has many inaccuracies. If it wasn't for dedicated Vietnamese fans who knows Mandarin, I wouldn't realised how poor some of the Vietnamese translation were. 

This is a translation of the 37 years under the ocean from the leaked script. Based on the leaked script, S2 was originally intended to start from the moment Xiang Liu brings Xiao Yao into the ocean to heal her (S1 Ep30). While predominantly similar to what was finally aired, there are some differences in details, and the script accorded descriptions which added a greater sense of poignancy.

37 Years of Healing Under the Ocean - Leaked script vs Drama

S1 Ep30 scene 3
[This scene takes place right after Xiang Liu brought Xiao Yao to the seashell]

The interior of the large pure white seashell was like a small room with a low ceiling, patterns of sea waves all over the walls. Several small seashells with large pearls emitted a warm glow, illuminating the interior of the seashell. A round white jade bed was at the centre, and Xiao Yao was seated on it, her eyes closed, her face ashen white.
Xiang Liu sat in front of her, continuously transferring spiritual power into her body. 
Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao's hearts emitted a pulsating glow, like their heartbeats. However, while the glow in Xiang Liu's heart was bright, Xiao Yao's gradually dimmed, until it finally extinguished. All of a sudden, Xiao Yao collapsed and fell forwards with no sign of life in her, just like a corpse.
His face blanched, and Xiang Liu held on to her hand while continuing to transfer spiritual power, but there was no response.
Xiang Liu stopped the transference of power. Raising his hand, a small bowl in the shape of a seashell appeared in his left hand, while a long ice nail formed in his right hand. Xiang Liu took one look at the ice nail and without batting an eye, turned his hand and drove it into his heart. As his heart's essential blood flowed into the bowl, it transformed into flame-like bluish purple spiritual energy.
In a split second, Xiang Liu's face turned stark white, and the glow in his heart dimmed while blood spilled from his mouth.
With no regard for himself, Xiang Liu carried Xiao Yao, forced her mouth open and poured the bowl of spiritual energy flames into her mouth.

XL (severe expression, taunting tone): You are planning to give up, just over something like this? Don't make me look down on you.

As the heart's essential blood entered her mouth, Xiao Yao's heart began to emit a glow again, albeit very weakly.

S1 Ep31 scenes 10-12, 21, 25-26

After Xiang Liu fed Xiao Yao the bowl of essential blood, her eyes remained closed, making no sound. Having sacrificed one of his lives to save her, Xiang Liu was badly injured, and he looked very unwell.
He put her down to lie on the bed, and wiped a trace of blood from the corners of her lips with his finger.

XL (threatening coldly): I gave up one life to save you. If you still dare to die, I will cut you up into minced meat and feed the fishes.

As he got up, he suddenly coughed and spat out blood, splashing on Xiao Yao's clothes. Xiang Liu collapsed by Xiao Yao's side, and lost consciousness.

In the dark depths of the ocean, a large snow-white seashell rested on the sea bed. Fishes swam past it and curiously touched it with their lips before swimming away after seeing no movement within.

Xiang Liu's eyes shot open upon regaining consciousness and he looked over at Xiao Yao by his side anxiously. As he held her hand, their hearts emitted a pulsating glow, akin to their heartbeat, and relief finally washed over him.
Xiang Liu let go of her hand, and the glow disappeared.
Getting up, he saw traces of blood on her clothes from when he spat out blood. Eyebrows furrowed, Xiang Liu reached out to remove her clothes. However, his hand froze the moment her pale white throat was exposed when he adjusted her lapel, and he retracted it. Instead, he removed his white robe, held it directly in front of himself and covered her body with it. The white robe fell on her body, transforming into a loose-fitting, white muslin dress as it did so.
Xiang Liu approached the entrance of the seashell, which slowly opened, revealing the underwater world beyond. The shell closed behind him once more after he stepped out of the shell.
At this moment, a layer of red light appeared over Xiao Yao's body, after which her consciousness separated from her body and sat up. Xiao Yao's consciousness appeared very weak, ghostly, almost translucent.
Her ghostly form sat on the bed, staring in shock at her own body, her face at a loss.

XYC: I remembered going to look at plum blossoms with Xin Yue, and was assassinated... (observing her surroundings) How did I end up here? Am I dead?

Xiao Yao's consciousness got down from the bed but found that her body was too light, and floated down. She approached the entrance but before she could get far, a force pulled her back to the jade bed.

XYC (thinking): I can't leave my body? (worried) I wonder whether Cang Xuan is aware of my situation. He must be worried sick.

Xiao Yao's consciousness sat beside her body, staring at her body with a troubled expression.

XYC: I wonder how Cang Xuan is, is he looking everywhere for me. And Tushan Jing. He should have received word about my assassination...

The seashell opened and Xiang Liu entered.
Surprised and happy to see Xiang Liu, Xiao Yao's consciousness floated over to him and threw him question after question.

XYC: Xiang Liu, was it you who saved me? Where did you go earlier? How could you leave your patient here all alone. That is too irresponsible...

Unable to see Xiao Yao's consciousness, he went directly to the bed. Stretching out his left hand, a seashell bowl filled with heart's essential blood appeared in his hand.
Xiang Liu sat on the bed and lifted Xiao Yao up, before feeding her the essential blood that was pulsating with spiritual energy. At the sight, the still-nagging Xiao Yao stopped, looked on curiously before bursting into laughter.

XYC: I helped you heal so many times, it is finally your turn to repay me.

As she observed him, she noticed he looked pale and a little weak.

XYC (worried): Why do you look so unwell? Did you take too much blood? (looked up and down) Is this essential life's blood? If you lose too much, you would die even if you had nine lives!

As the essential blood transformed into spiritual energy and entered her mouth, Xiao Yao's consciousness appeared more tangible than before, no longer as translucent. She stared at her gradually tangible palms in shock.

XYC: Wow, Xiang Liu, look!

Naturally, there was no response from Xiang Liu, and he stared worriedly at Xiao Yao's body, whose face had a darkened hue.
Xiao Yao's consciousness looked first at Xiang Liu, then at her body which was being poisoned, before sighing.

XYC: Your whole body is filled with poison. What's more, you have been cultivating with poisons for a long time, so your essential blood is even more toxic. I'm afraid that I would have died from your poison before you manage to save me.

Xiang Liu took Xiao Yao's pulse and furrowed his brows in thought for a while before fixing his eyes on her blackened lips. Suddenly, he lowered his head as if to kiss her. Her eyes widened in shock.

XYC: What... what are you doing? Hey, you can't, you can't...

Xiao Yao's consciousness tried to pull Xiang Liu back but only managed to grasp at air. Just as his lips almost touched hers while she watched on, panicked, he suddenly stopped. Poisonous black smoke escaped from Xiao Yao's mouth, which Xiang Liu then sucked into his own. So this was how he was drawing out the poison. Xiao Yao's consciousness gave a long sigh of relief.
Gradually, the dark hue on Xiao Yao's face dissipated. As she stood to one side, watching Xiang Liu and her own body shrouded in the poisonous smoke, her eyes were visibly moved.

XYC: I didn't realise it takes so much effort to save me! In future, I will not complain when you drink my blood to heal. You can drink however much you wish!

After sucking all the poison, Xiang Liu suddenly collapsed on to Xiao Yao's body. Taken aback, Xiao Yao's consciousness floated over in a hurry.

XYC: Xiang Liu! Nine-headed demon! Wake up! Xiang Liu! No poison can bring you down, right! How could you pass out from just a little poison?

Xiao Yao's consciousness flitted to and fro, but Xiang Liu remained unresponsive.

Countless days passed.
Xiao Yao's consciousness laid prostrate on the bed, tilting her head as she stared hopefully at Xiang Liu, every now and again checking his breath to make sure he was still alive.
Suddenly, Xiang Liu's eyes shot open, startling her.

XYC (force of habit): I swear, I wasn't up to mischief... (realisation hit) He can't see me, why should I be afraid?

Xiang Liu sat up and touched Xiao Yao's forehead. Xiao Yao's consciousness beamed.

XYC: Nine-headed demon, why are you so weak these days? Passing out so easily like a fragile girl. (hollow laugh) Was your core energy severely injured from saving me?

Xiang Liu gazed at the unconscious Xiao Yao without any word or expression.
Xiao Yao's consciousness poked his face with her hand.

XYC: Why aren't you saying anything? Talk to me! Have you become mute? Tell me what is going on outside.

As always, Xiang Liu could not see her, merely gazed at the unconscious Xiao Yao. Xiao Yao's consciousness furrowed her brows, worry etched on her face.

XYC: How is my brother Cang Xuan? Is he worried about me? My Royal Father must already know I was assassinated. Did you send them word? And Tushan Jing, is he well...

The Xiao Yao lying on the bed also furrowed her brows, glumness on her face. Xiang Liu lowered his eyes momentarily in thought then took out a box with spiritual energy escaping from it, which he placed by her pillow. Xiao Yao's consciousness was distracted.

XYC (approached): What is this?
XL: Spiritual medicines that Cang Xuan sent, these are useless for you. I'll leave it here for you to play with.
XYC (pleasantly surprised): Cang Xuan knows I am here? That's wonderful! (Puzzled, uncomprehending) I thought you and Cang Xuan would fight each time you meet. How could he allow me to stay here with you?

Xiang Liu remained silent.

XYC (furious): My God, is it so hard for you to say a word? Since you don't want to talk to me, why come? Go go go, hurry up and leave!

Xiang Liu actually stood up to leave.
Xiao Yao's consciousness immediately backpedalled and blocked his path.

XYC: Don't don't don't, I was only joking! Don't go! If you leave, I will be even more lonely. I'm wrong, okay? Xiang Liu, Brother Xiang, Lord Xiang, please stay...

Xiang Liu never heard her calls as he walked through her and left the seashell. Xiao Yao's consciousness wanted to follow him but was yanked back by a force, and could only look at her unconscious self and the closed door in despair.

S1 Ep32 scenes 8-9

In the depths of the ocean, once Xiang Liu fed Xiao Yao his heart's essential blood, her body would take on a darkened hue while her consciousness became even more tangible than before.

XYC (looking at her palms): My consciousness appears to be stronger than before.

Xiang Liu bent over Xiao Yao, and as always, drew the blood out. Xiao Yao's consciousness sat in midair, cupping her face, quietly watching the dark smoke swirl around herself and Xiang Liu.
After the poison was drawn out by Xiang Liu, Xiao Yao's body would recover its normal hue.

XL: Xiao Yao, I hope that you will not hate me after you wake up.
XYC (warmly): I won't, I won't, I promise I won't! As long as you are willing to speak more. Do you know, I've been bound here for countless years without seeing the light of day. For someone so afraid of loneliness like me, this is even more terrifying than being imprisoned. At least I still have cellmates and prison guards in prison!

Xiang Liu was quiet again.
Indignant, Xiao Yao's consciousness floated over to Xiang Liu's side, poised as if to strangle him.

XYC: Over the years, have you turned into a mute? You come so rarely, and often would not say a single word. If you still won't say anything, I will hate you, hate you! Even if you saved me, I will still choose to hate you!

Xiang Liu carefully observed her eyebrows, and noticed that they were slightly furrowed, as if depressed.

XL: You used to holler that you were afraid of loneliness. Are you bored lying in the ocean? Let me bring you to the surface of the ocean to see the moon.

Her anger turned to joy, and Xiao Yao's consciousness cheered excitedly, thrilled that she could finally go for an outing.

XYC: Yes! Yes!

The snow white seashell floated on the surface of the ocean like a round boat, with Xiao Yao's unconscious body on the bed while Xiang Liu seated by her side. Xiao Yao's consciousness floated over and sat beside Xiang Liu, their heads raised to gaze at the moon in the sky.

XL: Tonight is the first quarter moon, like a bow. Every full moon, I have to heal you, and cannot bring you to the surface of the ocean. I too have not seen the full moon for many years.
XYC (stunned): Many years? Has many years passed?

The waves rolled and the moonlight gently shone on them.

XL: Do you like it?

Xiang Liu gazed at Xiao Yao's unconscious body, and unconsciously smiled.
Xiao Yao's consciousness looked back, about to say something when she was stunned to see Xiang Liu smiling at her body.

XL: If you like, I will bring you to look at the moon on the day of the full moon. The moonlight at that time looks a little like your xingxing mirror. As for the memories you secretly saved in the xingxing mirror...
XYC (very shocked): How... how did you find out?

Xiang Liu was silent for a while, and his smile faded.

XL (coolly): After you wake up, the memories in the xingxing mirror must be erased.

Xiao Yao's consciousness ingratiatingly bowed and smiled apologetically.

XYC: As long as you don't get mad, everything is negotiable. I can even destroy the xingxing mirror if you wish!

Suddenly, dark clouds blocked the moon, wild winds stirred up the waves, and in the near distance, a vortex appeared, similar to a tornado. Xiao Yao's consciousness was dazed at the sight. Unable to help but be a little afraid, she shrunk closer to Xiang Liu's side, but he was looking at her body instead.

XL: That is a vortex of the ocean. I'm here. You need not be afraid.

There was turbulence all around, but their seashell remained stable as if it were on land. Regaining her courage, Xiao Yao's consciousness observed the wondrous sight around her. Xiang Liu's eyes were calm as he watched the maelstrom formed by the swirling water.

XL: When I escaped from the death match area, I was covered with wounds, and almost died in the maelstrom. It was Adoptive Father who saved me. At the time, the Shen Nong king was still alive, the Shen Nong kingdom had not fallen, Adoptive Father was a great general on par with Yan Zhuan and Chi Chen in fame. He saved a runaway slave as myself but I stabbed him, yet he did not mind. He saw how serious my injuries were, and repaid evil with good, teaching me healing methods, and said he would bring me to the Shen Nong king for treatment. However, I did not believe him and ran away.
XYC: What happened after that?

The maelstrom stopped as abruptly as it came, vanishing without a trace, and the ocean was calm once more.

XL: I escaped to the Far North, and hid there for over a hundred years. The snow of the Far North not only saved my life, but brought me enlightenment, and I developed a cultivation method from the healing methods Adoptive Father taught me.

Xiao Yao's consciousness looked at Xiang Liu.

XYC: No wonder it seemed like it was going to snow each time you release your spiritual power. Even when you kill, it is as beautiful as dancing snowflakes.
XL (laughed): People think that I often wear white because it is an idiosyncrasy of mine. In truth, it is just a habit born out of the desire to survive. In the icy, snow-covered land of the Far North, white is the easiest colour to hide in.

Xiang Liu looked at the ocean and stopped talking once more. Annoyed, Xiao Yao's consciousness waved her hand before Xiang Liu's eyes.

XYC: What happened after you left the Far North? Why are you silent?

Xiang Liu was totally unaware of Xiao Yao's actions.

XYC: Since you won't talk, let me guess. Later, the war between Shen Nong and Xuan Yuan erupted, and when the Shen Nong kingdom was destroyed and Hong Jiang fell into dire straits, abandoned by family and friends, a certain nine-headed demon approached him of his own volition to pay a debt of gratitude. Perhaps it was initially to repay a kindness, but he did not expect that Hong Jiang would care for him and adopt him as his son.

Xiao Yao's consciousness was stunned when she said this. She looked at Xiang Liu, her brows wrinkled in regret.

XYC: Gratitude is easy to repay, unlike affection. I am beginning to dislike Hong Jiang now. If not for him, you would not be who you are now, would not be bearing the heavy burden of Shen Nong, would not be enemies with my brother...

As if sensing something, Xiang Liu turned his head to look at Xiao Yao's body.

XL: Why are you frowning? Are you unhappy? (thinking) I'll show you a magic trick!

Snowflake upon snowflake fell from the sky.

XYC: It's snowing?

Xiao Yao's consciousness looked up in surprise, only to realise that the snowfall was concentrated in the small area where they were while a peaceful moonlit night covered everywhere else.

XYC: You just treated me. Don't use your spiritual powers indiscriminately.

Clearly unable to hear what she said, Xiang Liu continued to gaze at Xiao Yao's body. Xiao Yao's consciousness could only try her best to grin, even rubbing her brows. Her body's brows seemed to relax. Xiang Liu smiled faintly and the snow fell even heavier.

XYC (sighed wearily): Nevermind. It's your spiritual energy, you can waste it however you wish!

Xiang Liu sat in the seashell, all dressed in white, watching the snowflakes dance as they fell, while Xiao Yao's consciousness hugged her knees and joined Xiang Liu in admiring the snow. Under the moonlight, this small place of theirs seemed to be isolated from the rest of the world, in a world of its own. No matter what the situation was outside, it was akin to the maelstrom that came and went abruptly, unable to affect them at all.

S1 Ep32 scenes 15-17, 19

Compared to her original condition, Xiao Yao's consciousness was now pretty much solid, no longer transparent. She laid beside the bed, bored and languidly playing with the box of spiritual medicines beside her body. No matter how she fiddled with it, the box never moved.

XYC: Cang Xuan would send spiritual medicines over every few days, but there is no word from Tushan Jing. (glanced at her body, as if she was a third party, advising a friend) People change easily. It's been tens of years. Tushan Jing has probably married Fangfeng Yi Ying, and perhaps already had children!

As Xiao Yao's consciousness casually hit the box, she noticed it move. In shock, she stared at her hand, then tried to push the box, only to find it really did move a little as a result.

XYC (pleasantly surprised): I can touch things now?

Just then, Xiang Liu entered. Excitedly, Xiao Yao's consciousness got up in quickly and rushed over to his side, her face filled with joy.

XYC: Xiang Liu, Xiang Liu, am I getting well soon?

Naturally there was no response from Xiang Liu. Xiao Yao's consciousness followed Xiang Liu wherever he went. He walked up to the bed, touched her forehead to confirm that she was fine, then quietly gazed at her.
Xiao Yao's consciousness sat by the bed, her head tilted to look at Xiang Liu.

XYC: What is wrong? You look like something heavy's weighing on your heart?
XL (abruptly): It's a full moon tonight. I will bring you for an outing for a while!
XYC (pleased): That's great! (confused) But... isn't healing supposed to be done during full moon nights?

The seashell is half open, moored on the coral reefs at the bottom of the ocean, like an observation deck. Xiao Yao's body was expressionless, eyes tightly closed. Xiang Liu sat by her side, while Xiao Yao's consciousness sat beside him in high spirits.
Schools of fishes swam past them, while colourful corals resembled azaleas that grew in the mountains and plains, blooming vibrantly at the base of the ocean.

XL (pointing to the hawksbill turtle that swam past): That hawksbill turtle is larger than the bed you sleep on in Qingshui town. If you like, you can make a bed out of its shell.
XYC: I like it, I like it! Make it into a bed in the seashell for me.

Of course Xiang Liu paid her no heed, merely gazed at her body.
A large fish swam by.

XL: That is a fish monster. Its fish core should be better than the purple fish core you wear. (paused momentarily) However, you would have no use for this thing anymore.
XYC: Why don't I need it anymore?

A strange sound came from the ocean, which immediately drew Xiao Yao's attention.

XYC: What is that sound? It's so beautiful. Let us move closer to listen to it.
XL (ignoring Xiao Yao's consciousness, turned his head towards her body as he explained): The mating season of the merpeople is at hand again. That is their courtship song,
XYC (stunned, awkward laugh): In that case, there is no need to disturb them.
XL: It is said that the song of the merpeople is the most beautiful song in the world. It can neither be heard by humans or deities. Perhaps you can hear it after you wake up.
XYC (uncomprehending): Why can I hear it?
XL: It's a pity... that we can't hear them sing together after they have pledged their love.
XYC: Why?
XL (complex emotions in his eyes as he gazed at Xiao Yao's body): We must go back for the treatment around midnight 
(子时 - 11PM to 1AM)
XYC (consoling in turn): There will be other opportunities. Next time, you bring me for another outing!

Inside the seashell with the curved ceiling, Xiao Yao's body laid unconscious on the bed with Xiang Liu seated by the side. Xiao Yao's consciousness floated in mid-air, observing Xiang Liu.

XYC: Why do I feel that you are a little strange tonight? You are more talkative than usual. In the past, I would beg for you to talk but you would not say a single word more.

Xiang Liu seemed to have sensed something, and glanced over to the direction where Xiao Yao's consciousness was. Eagerly, Xiao Yao's consciousness waved her hand in front of Xiang Liu.

XYC: Can you see me?

However, Xiang Liu shifted his gaze and continued to stare at Xiao Yao lying on the bed. Disappointed, Xiao Yao's consciousness pulled Xiang Liu's hair dispiritedly.

XYC: I thought you had seen me just now!
XL: Xiao Yao, do you remember Tushan Jing?

Startled, Xiao Yao's consciousness forgot about pulling Xiang Liu's hair.

XL (sarcastically): Of course you still remember. Wen Xiao Liu's Ye Shi Qi, how could you have forgotten?
XYC (also sarcastically): I remember him, but he may not necessarily still remember me. How could the clan leader of the Tushan clan be Ye Shi Qi?
XL: Ever since you were in a coma, Tushan Jing has also been unconscious, solely dependent on elixirs to sustain his life until now. Now, it is no longer possible to continue sustaining his life, he is dying.
XYC (shocked, grieved): Jing, unconscious... I had thought he... (anxiously) Xiang Liu, what is going on? What happened?

As Xiang Liu held Xiao Yao's hand in his, his heart and that of Xiao Yao's body once again started to glow.

XL (gaze fixed on Xiao Yao's body): If Tushan Jing died, would you be very sad, and hate me to the core of your being?
XYC (gazing at Xiang Liu): I don't want Jing to die, but why should I hate you? You saved me.

Xiao Yao's consciousness pulled Xiang Liu's hand urgently (the hand which was not holding Xiao Yao's hand). Xiang Liu seemed to have felt it, and looked down at his other hand.

XYC (expectantly): You can feel me, can you?

Following the hand that Xiao Yao's consciousness held, Xiang Liu looked up right at her face, their eyes meeting. However, just at that moment, Xiao Yao's consciousness feel a sudden pull, and merged back into her body.
Xiang Liu did not see anything at all. He glanced at the hand that had just been held by Xiao Yao's consciousness, then shifted his gaze back to the Xiao Yao lying on the white jade bed. His soul was bared as he gazed at Xiao Yao, his eyes filled with such longing and reluctance, but unfortunately, Xiao Yao's consciousness had already returned to where she belonged, and just missed seeing it.

Amid the blue green ocean and blue skies, waves lapped around a snow-white seashell. Lying inside the seashell, Xiao Yao slowly opened her eyes. She supported herself up into a sitting position, her expression momentarily confused, and lifted up both hands for a look.

XY (pleasantly surprised): I am back in my body!

Xiao Yao stood up and faced the sunlight, taking in the damp sea breeze, happiness and contentment all over her face.

XY: It's so good to be alive!

All dressed in a white muslin dress, waves lapping at her feet, she resembled a sprite of the sea. Xiao Yao looked around, cupped her mouth with her hands and yelled towards the ocean.

XY: Xiang Liu, Xiang Liu, where are you? I have awoken!

There was no answer.
Furball appeared, and landed on the seashell. Overjoyed, Xiao Yao went up to him and patted his small head.

XY: Long time no see, Furball. Have you put on weight?

Infuriated, Furball swiped her with his wing.

XY: Alright, alright. You are the most handsome bird I have ever seen, okay? Where is your master? Why don't I see him?

Furball flapped his wings and cried out towards the sky once.

XY (laughing): Xiang Liu wants you to bring me to see him?

Furball shook his head.

XY (smile faded): Xiang Liu wants you to send me back?

Furball nodded his head.

XY (grieved): Xiang Liu, he... does not want to see me?

Furball pecked Xiao Yao's hand, urging her to hurry up and leave.
Xiao Yao did not move. She looked around her, as if searching for any sign of Xiang Liu, but could not see anything. Wordlessly, Xiao Yao knelt down, caressing the seashell that had sheltered her for so many years, and silent tears fell on to the seashell.
Furball chirped, urging her to move.
Xiao Yao wiped her tears. By the time she stood up, there was no trace of her having wept.

XY: Let's go.

The white condor soared into the sky and flew towards land.
Once they retreated into the far distance, Xiang Liu's figure appeared on the surface of the ocean not far away from the seashell, morphing from a ghostly form into a physical one.
Treading the waves, Xiang Liu approached the seashell. His eyes fixed on where Xiao Yao's tears had fallen, he reached out his hand, and the tears on the seashell condensed and slowly rose up like droplets of water amid a pulsating aura, finally falling into Xiang Liu's outstretched palm, solidifying into a round pearl as it did so.
Xiang Liu gazed at the pearl for a while before grasping it in his palm and lifting his head to look in the direction where Xiao Yao had left.
All around him, the waves rolled while he, all dressed in white, stood erect on the seashell, profound grief in his eyes.

liddi:
This is a translation of the 37 years under the ocean from the leaked script. Based on the leaked script, S2 was originally intended to start from the moment Xiang Liu brings Xiao Yao into the ocean to heal her (S1 Ep30). While predominantly similar to what was finally aired, there are some differences in details, and the script accorded descriptions which added a greater sense of poignancy.

Wow!  This will take me a bit to read this.  Thank you!

I think there would have definitely been some screaming if they had ended the first season at that point, with XY near dead.

Thanks @liddi for your hard work in translating :)

I could hear the drama dialogue in my head as I was reading. Some minor differences but 99% of it is the same. So it seems the leaked script is actually true. I was hoping it wasn't... [cries]

I noticed that in the drama, the dialogues that include the kingdom names (Xiyan, Haoling, Chenrong) in them are dubbed. Based on that and the leaked script, it means the LYF drama was originally filmed with the original names (Xuanyuan, Gaoxing, Shennong) but due to some reason, they had to change and therefore dub it.

ex: Around the 2:41 timestamp in this clip (episode 34), you can tell the Xiyan part is dubbed because it sounds different and more "studio-like" from the other dialogues - https://youtu.be/mDIIvc414Hs?si=kIhzQP4x--dbP5CO

Kokuto:
I think there would have definitely been some screaming if they had ended the first season at that point, with XY near dead.

Yes! It would have made the indefinite wait for S2 even more unbearable than it already is.

song:
I noticed that in the drama, the dialogues that include the kingdom names (Xiyan, Haoling, Chenrong) in them are dubbed. Based on that and the leaked script, it means the LYF drama was originally filmed with the original names (Xuanyuan, Gaoxing, Shennong) but due to some reason, they had to change and therefore dub it.

Yes, they redubbed it post-production. You can tell based on the BTS of everyone's last day of shooting here, starting from 1:36min onwards, when everyone stated the name of their characters. Changes include name of kingdoms, corresponding surnames (ShenNong Xin Yue vs Chenrong Xin Yue, XuanYuan king vs Xiyan king, GaoXin Shao Hao vs HaoLing Shao Hao).  

Also, the original trailer had little Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao's pledge to marry each other so that they will never be separated. This was redubbed in the drama to them promising to be brother and sister forever.

Original
XY: Hey, does that mean if I marry you, we will never be separated for the rest of our lives? 
CX: 
That's right! My father once said that a married couple are those who will be together for their whole lives. They will never be separated no matter what happens. 
XY: It's settled then. 
When I grow up, I will marry you and be your wife. 
CX: Deal!

Redubbed
 XY: Hey, as long as I am your younger sister, we will never be separated for the rest of our lives.
CX: That's great. 
You will always be my younger sister, and I will always be your older brother. No matter what happens, we will always be together for the rest of our lives. 
XY: It's settled then. 
We will be together for our whole lives, Both of us will never be separated! 
CX: Deal!

The 2019 revised edition of the novel already changed names and places to quell the controversy of adapting too loosely from names clearly taken from Chinese origin mythology. I think the kingdom names etc were changed again in the drama to further distance itself from any controversy. Likewise, the marriage pledge between young Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao was changed later to a sibling pledge, perhaps due to censorship concerns.

song:

liddi:
The 2019 revised edition of the novel already changed names and places to quell the controversy of adapting too loosely from names clearly taken from Chinese origin mythology. I think the kingdom names etc were changed again in the drama to further distance itself from any controversy.

That was my thought too.  The censors / government was / is cracking down on "inaccurate" or negative portrayals of Chinese history.  While this is more mythological history, I think Tong Hua had already been criticized for her very very loose portrayals of 'history' in her books.

H19279:
I think there is kind of intimate scence when they travelled together they lied together on the spider web (chapter 36). However, XY said she felt like a child, cared-free. Jing said that comparing him with her mom was not a compliment.

Thank you for finding all the scenes. I think there was also a peck somewhere during the time of the war with Hao Ling as well.

There were a few short bits of affectionate scenes that you listed, but we didn't get another scene like the one in chapter 20 (??).