So Liddi, I read the ending with CX and XY’s scene and they totally changed the essence of his character! Saying the kingdom outweighed XY and all that (which I mean technically it did when he made that choice in the novel) but that totally killed the CX i expected to see from the novel! Makes it seem like his love was not deep and he was just power hungry. He was supposed to be greedy and ambitious in S2 wanting to have more and taking the wrong actions before the self-realization. Aiyyyyyyyyy I cannot accept this. Seeing the convo he has with his grandpa in the trailer, it is in line with this leaked script.

And AN giving her the doll? Lol..still don’t know how I feel about that. Did they just want to give the actress more scenes? They even downplayed the significance of the doll which gave XY comfort after XL died. All the male leads and the relationships that XY had with each of them just seem insignificant now, and tosses everything in S1 away! 

What happened to the Lost You Forever theme??? That bittersweet feeling the novel gave? They forced a “pure” and happy ending. It’s as if XY didn’t care about XL, CX’s love doesn’t appear as deep, just to make it a cute ending for TSJ and XY? The beauty behind the novel was the tragedy of losing the one you love forever - for CX it was XY, for XY it was losing XL (i will always believe she loved all 3 men in her own way, they all held a special place in her heart). 

Sorry i am just very upset, lmao, got too invested. Wish I didnt read the novel!

HeadInTheClouds:
This is such a bait and switch. Why are the "soulmates of the friendship kind" sitting next to each other while the official love interest is Covid distance away? Are they trying to fool people into thinking that YaoLiu is the end game so they'll watch? Many international audience have not read the book.

LOL!  Covid distance away!  hahahahahah

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh.

Maybe someone at Tencent woke up and realized where the real money and interest was.  YaoLiu!!!

Or it could be someone actually let a YaoLiu do the posters, instead of the Jingers we've been plagued with!  Did you see that WeTV drop of new stills on twitter?  Some Jinger put XY, CZ, Jing AND A Nian on one tweet, cause of the 4 pic limit, and relegated FFB and Feng Long to another entirely different tweet!!  Like really?  You couldn't put FFB on the same tweet with XY??

Sssnoopyyy:
What happened to the Lost You Forever theme??? That bittersweet feeling the novel gave? They forced a “pure” and happy ending. It’s as if XY didn’t care about XL, CX’s love doesn’t appear as deep, just to make it a cute ending for TSJ and XY? The beauty behind the novel was the tragedy of losing the one you love forever - for CX it was XY, for XY it was losing XL (i will always believe she loved all 3 men in her own way, they all held a special place in her heart).

Sorry i am just very upset, lmao, got too invested. Wish I didnt read the novel!

Welcome to our pain.

We've been unhappy and crossing all our body parts, holding a prayer circle, burning down my house with incense, invoking everyone we can possible think of, promising sacrifices, etc. etc. etc, hoping that this is either fake, or that what is edited will be substantially different.

1. Notification for post on discussion thread is still not working

2. with Liddi's permission, I made the thread on Season 2 about the links for the leaked script

Here is the link of that discussion topic: Spoiler: English translation of some parts of the leaked script for Lost You Forever Season 2 - Lost You Forever Season 2 - MyDramaList 

In future, we can look up Liddi's work more easilly

Sssnoopyyy:
I somehow didn’t get any notifications from your comments and cannot quote long posts but thanks for sharing your thoughts Liddi and Kokuto!

I know this is a YaoLiu thread, and am bummed they removed some of their iconic scenes in S2. Especially the action packed scene with him showing his true form in front of XY! (Secretly a YaoXuan shipper haha so forgive some of my biased comments because I do love XL as well).

Glad to see you made it here.  We don't card anyone, and actually the conversation ranges over many characters -- including Jing, and even books -- Once Promised, Wuethering Heights and Gone with the Wind amongst them.  It's just a warning that folks here might have a bias for XL -- except AH.  She has no biases, really. ;p

Regarding the ability to quote ... You can quote sections of a longer quote and piece it together, or respond to each section.  You have to highlight the section, and a quote tab should pop up at the top left of the highlighted section.  Click on that button and it will quote it in the Quick Reply box.  If it doesn't show up, right click on the highlighted part and it should appear.

H19279:

1. Notification for post on discussion thread is still not working

2. with Liddi's permission, I made the thread on Season 2 about the links for the leaked script

Here is the link of that discussion topic: Spoiler: English translation of some parts of the leaked script for Lost You Forever Season 2 - Lost You Forever Season 2 - MyDramaList 

In future, we can look up Liddi's work more easilly

That's great ... but you left out the ending episode scene that liddi reposted recently here:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=3079197&page=624#p3079197

Kokuto:

Welcome to our pain.

We've been unhappy and crossing all our body parts, holding a prayer circle, burning down my house with incense, invoking everyone we can possible think of, promising sacrifices, etc. etc. etc, hoping that this is either fake, or that what is edited will be substantially different.

I just rewatched an interview from ZWY that was done last yr and he said that the drama will be a bit different from the novel ?. I really wish I checked the forums and leaked script earlier so that I wouldn’t have been excitedly waiting the past yr for this. Sorry for my repetitive rants, I just cannot get over this! I mean look at goodbye my princess - we had morally grey ppl there!

and that whirlpool scene, XY running for her life with Left Ear, etc  - ughhhh we were robbed!

What about the CX scenes?! That leaked script wasn’t even a confession, and made it seem like he didn’t really care about XY at all. The significance of the ruo mu flower was also destroyed. The importance of the doll was also downplayed - as if XY only took it because AN asked her to, whereas in the novel, XY chose to bring it because it made her smile

All, I've posted the complete list of my S2 leaked script translations in the new thread @H19279 kindly created:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/127135-spoiler-english-translation-of-some-parts-of-the-leaked-script-for-lost-you-forever-season-2?pid=3079715&page=1#p3079715

Now to see how much of it makes it to the final version.

HeadInTheClouds:
OMG! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an official FFB plushie and more XL outfits. I want the black assassin outfit with the cape so bad.

And OMG! What's wrong with me? Why am I this excited for plushies and doll's clothes? I need help!!!

Now you mention it, I (I mean my daughter!) really needs a FFB plushie too - the assassin outfit sounds awesome! You think it would come with black hair extensions this time?

HeadInTheClouds:
Why are the "soulmates of the friendship kind" sitting next to each other while the official love interest is Covid distance away?

Social distancing is a virtue okay? LOL I dislike the positioning of the official love interest actually - he is actually the one that stares at her back rather than vice versa. Though from her eyes, it doesn't look like she is looking at him either. As for Feng Long, it kinda makes sense, because they are not looking at each other but into the distance (where Cang Xuan probably is).

HeadInTheClouds:
When I was reading this I wondered why you were calling Jing "she". This sounds like the situation between Jing and XY. All this talk of shadow characters, well, looks like Ah Nian is Jing's shadow character :-)

LOL! Now that you mention it, it does sound that way except A Nian is no way as cunning, nor do I feel that she would kill herself (or will herself to die) if Cang Xuan died.

solarlunareclipse:
Nice! Thanks for sharing. The posters prove who the real couple is.

It does feel that way doesn't it? Certainly, it makes my heart ache seeing that poster, because we know how they turn out in the end.

Apologies, as this is a bit off topic, but I was watching the end of ep 39 and the subtitles for a particular line caught my attention.

When XY walks down the stairs with the former King of Xiyan after he passes his crown to CX, he says that he thought CX sent her away for her own saftey. XY responded that he and CX thought alike and that CX is the grandson of the King of Xiyan and the Lady Xiezu, while she is "only half".

https://youtu.be/9I1rZhJECLQ?si=tPAfwWlWZjNwdqJd&t=2562

https://youtu.be/7vKi41bjT0A?si=WR0Td8CeVa6iadSJ&t=2551

I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide a better translation or some additional context for this line?

To me, it seems to provide some insight into how the drama is framing XY and Ah Heng's familial relationships with CX and the Xiyan royal family.

It seems like it's suggesting that Ah Heng was Lady Xiezu's family member (like her neice or second cousin once removed) as well as her disciple (the title that led XY to call Lady Xiezu grandmother). Which makes sense, since her last name is Xiling (the same as Lady Xiezu's family name) and not Xiyan in the drama. So XY is related to Lady Xiezu by blood (although she technically isn't her granddaughter), but she is not related to the King of Xiyan by blood. So CX is related to both Lade Xiezu and the King of Xiyan by blood, while XY is "only half" as in, she is related to only half of those two (Lade Xiezu) by blood. Which would also mean that XY is related to CX by blood, but their family relationship is more distant than first cousins. 

Sssnoopyyy:
So Liddi, I read the ending with CX and XY’s scene and they totally changed the essence of his character! Saying the kingdom outweighed XY and all that (which I mean technically it did when he made that choice in the novel) but that totally killed the CX i expected to see from the novel! Makes it seem like his love was not deep and he was just power hungry. He was supposed to be greedy and ambitious in S2 wanting to have more and taking the wrong actions before the self-realization. Aiyyyyyyyyy I cannot accept this. Seeing the convo he has with his grandpa in the trailer, it is in line with this leaked script.

I added some details in the final scene of the leaked script - of Cang Xuan during Xiao Yao's wedding, and at Qingshui Town where he looked for Xiao Yao in vain.

The conversation Cang Xuan had with his grandfather in the trailer takes place in Ep6, before she married Feng Long. Just prior to this dialogue, Cang Xuan mused that as king, he could just give a command and her wedding would be cancelled, but he would not do so because the marriage was what Xiao Yao wanted, and he would always give her what she wanted, even if it meant digging his own heart out. If everything from the assassination turned out to be just a dream sequence, it does imply that Cang Xuan could no longer give up the throne for Xiao Yao, even if it meant that he had to lose her again to another man. It also means that he is far less obsessed (or at least allows his feelings to override reason). The cousins' fallout with each other was far less extreme since the wedge between them was that of withholding information about Xin Yue's role, rather than being actively involved in trying to kill Jing in the first place. Making Cang Xuan the one to reunite Xiao Yao and Jing also meant he was painted in a far kinder light, and he started trying to make amends much earlier. Though the final scene indicated that Cang Xuan still had no idea where Xiao Yao was years later, Xiao Yao herself promised Shao Hao that she would not disappear without a trace. So I have to wonder whether she only stayed in contact with the two older kings, who in turn continued to keep Cang Xuan in the dark. In that regard, I find it less consistent - if she had reconciled with Cang Xuan, why would she still refuse to let him know her whereabouts. Throughout the drama, he had not done anything directly to her that would indicate his level of obsession for her (the dream sequence does not count), so her unwillingness to be found feels jarring.

The novel charted his path differently. He allowed his obsession for Xiao Yao cloud his judgment until he was forced to finally came to his senses when she committed suicide and almost killed him. When she survived and insisted on becoming the next Royal Mother, simply because that was the one place she could think of where she could escape his control, he knew he had lost her, and he had no way to fix that, if not for Jing's timely return. Only the realisation that Jing was the one who masterminded his move to the Central Plains, finally enabled him to allow her to marry, and be content to be just her gege, no matter how devastating that was, because to do otherwise would mean losing her forever. That being said, he still wanted her within reach, reluctant to let her go (his wedding gift of the estate at Xuan Yuan was significant in that regard), which his grandfather and Shao Hao clearly knew, hence their decision to not let him know when Xiao Yao slipped away. And Xiao Yao's decision to leave for the ocean also meant that she was out of his reach forever, at a place, incognito, where even his authority did not extend. We are not told what happens hence, but it is not too much of a stretch to believe that they were never heard of again, since when Shao Hao told them not to disappear without a trace, neither Jing nor Xiao Yao made any promise to do so. 

Sssnoopyyy:
And AN giving her the doll? Lol..still don’t know how I feel about that. Did they just want to give the actress more scenes? They even downplayed the significance of the doll which gave XY comfort after XL died. All the male leads and the relationships that XY had with each of them just seem insignificant now, and tosses everything in S1 away! 

Exactly. If the big-bellied doll served no purpose except "just another wedding gift" that A Nian even had to request that she brought with her wherever she went, then Xiang Liu might as well have saved all the spiritual power he expended in making the doll and stayed alive longer, or took down far more enemies with him. In the novel, the doll served such a poignant purpose - carrying his well-hidden well wishes for her, and bringing a smile to her face for the first time since he died. Utterly frustrating.

Sssnoopyyy:

As those on this thread can attest, I had an outburst that "Drama Xiao Yao did not deserve Xiang Liu at all" after I read the leaked script, which no one understood why, until I finished translating it. And I agree. By watering down and whitewashing Cang Xuan's character arc, it gave the impression that in the end, his love for her could not outweigh the world that was his. In the novel, I don't see Cang Xuan given the option to choose her, rather he was always forced to choose to let her go, all the way to the end. Despite still feeling a sense of disquiet from Cang Xuan even in the end in spite of his assurances, I ache immeasurably for him because their relationship is one I truly truly love, their reliance and love for one another the only thing that kept them going in the harshest times of their very young, tragic lives all the way up to adulthood. In a happier world, if their lives had not been ripped apart the way it had, I believe they would have grown up loving and finally marrying each other.

AH :
When XY walks down the stairs with the former King of Xiyan after he passes his crown to CX, he says that he thought CX sent her away for her own saftey. XY responded that he and CX thought alike and that CX is the grandson of the King of Xiyan and the Lady Xiezu, while she is "only half".

The original script and the dubbing shows that the dialogue was changed, similar to how they changed little Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao's promise to be siblings forever, instead of husband and wife.

Likewise, A Heng's name was Xuanyuan Ba, also known as A Heng in the script, which means she is the Xuan Yuan king's daughter by blood. The drama changed her name to be solely Xiling Heng, which indicated that she was not of the Xuan Yuan king's bloodline, but likely the adopted daughter of Xie Zu from her own clan. This change is very likely made to ensure Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao were not first cousins by blood, which would make Cang Xuan's love for her less controversial.

Script:
He and Maternal Grandfather had the same idea! However, he is the 
bloodline of Xuan Yuan king and Royal Consort Xie Zu, I am too! I pretended to fall into his trap, and let him go and do his own thing.

Drama:
He and Maternal Grandfather had the same idea! However, he is the
 grandson of Xiyan king and Royal Consort Xie Zu, while I can be considered to be half! I pretended to fall into his trap, and let him go and do his own thing.

liddi:
The conversation Cang Xuan had with his grandfather in the trailer takes place in Ep6, before she married Feng Long. Just prior to this dialogue, Cang Xuan mused that as king, he could just give a command and her wedding would be cancelled, but he would not do so because the marriage was what Xiao Yao wanted, and he would always give her what she wanted, even if it meant digging his own heart out. If everything from the assassination turned out to be just a dream sequence, it does imply that Cang Xuan could no longer give up the throne for Xiao Yao, even if it meant that he had to lose her again to another man. It also means that he is far less obsessed (or at least allows his feelings to override reason). The cousins' fallout with each other was far less extreme since the wedge between them was that of withholding information about Xin Yue's role, rather than being actively involved in trying to kill Jing in the first place. Making Cang Xuan the one to reunite Xiao Yao and Jing also meant he was painted in a far kinder light, and he started trying to make amends much earlier. Though the final scene indicated that Cang Xuan still had no idea where Xiao Yao was years later, Xiao Yao herself promised Shao Hao that she would not disappear without a trace. So I have to wonder whether she only stayed in contact with the two older kings, who in turn continued to keep Cang Xuan in the dark. In that regard, I find it less consistent - if she had reconciled with Cang Xuan, why would she still refuse to let him know her whereabouts. Throughout the drama, he had not done anything directly to her that would indicate his level of obsession for her (the dream sequence does not count), so her unwillingness to be found feels jarring.

Yeah there seems to be a disconnect here just as you had described it. In the novel, XY and TSJ left without mentioning where they were headed to, and the Gaoxing emperor knew their intentions. Obviously, she did not want to be found. But per the leaked script, the whole TSJ assassination was just a dream, so there is no reason for XY to avoid CX. They should still be very close, actually, it would make sense for her to live somewhere close by. In the drama, XY even said that she would still be close even after marriage (she and CX have a special bond). Honestly don't know. I find the scene with him and AN being in Qingshui Town weird (guess they wanted to end the drama the way it started). I liked the way it was done in the novel, because there was an air of bittersweetness and regret for CX's character.

liddi:
Exactly. If the big-bellied doll served no purpose except "just another wedding gift" that A Nian even had to request that she brought with her wherever she went, then Xiang Liu might as well have saved all the spiritual power he expended in making the doll and stayed alive longer, or took down far more enemies with him. In the novel, the doll served such a poignant purpose - carrying his well-hidden well wishes for her, and bringing a smile to her face for the first time since he died. Utterly frustrating.

Poor XL, honestly...diminishes the impact of the epilogue where he makes it for her. Makes XY seem just too casual and almost heartless.

liddi:
As those on this thread can attest, I had an outburst that "Drama Xiao Yao did not deserve Xiang Liu at all" after I read the leaked script, which no one understood why, until I finished translating it. And I agree. By watering down and whitewashing Cang Xuan's character arc, it gave the impression that in the end, his love for her could not outweigh the world that was his. In the novel, I don't see Cang Xuan given the option to choose her, rather he was always forced to choose to let her go, all the way to the end. Despite still feeling a sense of disquiet from Cang Xuan even in the end in spite of his assurances, I ache immeasurably for him because their relationship is one I truly truly love, their reliance and love for one another the only thing that kept them going in the harshest times of their very young, tragic lives all the way up to adulthood. In a happier world, if their lives had not been ripped apart the way it had, I believe they would have grown up loving and finally marrying each other.

OMG echoing your sentiments here on CX's relationship with XY. It's one of the most special bonds I've seen in a storyline. Her connection with CX is one that runs deep and is beyond family/romance. Just like XY said in the novel (when she poisoned the both of them), that it was harder to hate him than carving out her own heart. It breaks me knowing how things played out, but that is the reason why it left such an impression - it was tragically beautiful. Every time I see CX pining over her (especially with ZWY's very expressive eyes), it makes me wish they were together in an alternate universe. Where they have their parents, a happy and normal childhood, never apart.

liddi:
The original script and the dubbing shows that the dialogue was changed, similar to how they changed little Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao's promise to be siblings forever, instead of husband and wife.

Likewise, A Heng's name was Xuanyuan Ba, also known as A Heng in the script, which means she is the Xuan Yuan king's daughter by blood. The drama changed her name to be solely Xiling Heng, which indicated that she was not of the Xuan Yuan king's bloodline, but likely the adopted daughter of Xie Zu from her own clan. This change is very likely made to ensure Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao were not first cousins by blood, which would make Cang Xuan's love for her less controversial.

Script:
He and Maternal Grandfather had the same idea! However, he is the bloodline of Xuan Yuan king and Royal Consort Xie Zu, I am too! I pretended to fall into his trap, and let him go and do his own thing.

Drama:
He and Maternal Grandfather had the same idea! However, he is the grandson of Xiyan king and Royal Consort Xie Zu, while I can be considered to be half! I pretended to fall into his trap, and let him go and do his own thing.

Thanks for this liddi! Super interesting to see it compared to the original dialogue too. 

So, this was posted on the comments section:

Xiaoyao has feelings for Xiangliu but its platonic. And the most vulnerable times when she could have chosen him was during her breakup period with TSJ. But that would make Xiangliu a rebound guy, and he wasn't going for that anyway.

For those who claimed to have read the leaked script, you should have seen that definitive term for Xiangliu in the back already. 

I don't remember a definitive term for Xiang Liu being in your translations, liddi.  Any idea what this Jing fan is talking about?  Is it XL the Platonic One?  XL the Rebound Guy?