Kokuto:

I was wondering the same.  I don't think he added a human figure.

He definitely added a second merman and I'm NOT happy about it!

Kokuto:

I was wondering the same.  I don't think he added a human figure.

Lol, I couldn't see anything. I saw that  AH mentioned that it wasn't a man that he added, but a merman, but I don't believe he was standing next to the mermaid? I need to re check that scene, since I can't find any picture online, but I don't feel like doing it right now. 

blabla100:
No kiss for YaoJing,

I saw the BtS kiss that Jingers were complaining was shorted ... all I could see was the top of Deng Wei's head.  He totally covered Yang Zi's face.  No wonder why they cut it short.  Either they shot it wrong, or he needs to learn how to do a screen kiss, or both.

@AH

"Tbh I'm surprised I haven't seen more complaints about TSJ's return from TSJ fans. It was so abrupt and underwhelming."

I guess they got used to it by now, lol.  

blabla100:

Lol, I couldn't see anything. I saw that  AH mentioned that it wasn't a man that he added, but a merman, but I don't believe he was standing next to the mermaid? I need to re check that scene, since I can't find any picture online, but I don't feel like doing it right now. 

Yes, it was different from the novel. The new merman is sitting at the bottom of the ice crystal ball, next to the big clam shell (XL's clam shell) facing the mermaid and her smaller clam shell but not really looking directly at her. Definitely not holding her outstretched hand or smiling down at her. 

AH :
Alot of the complaints seem to be about how DW was treated on set and how difficult scenes that he filmed were cut. 

I saw a lot of posts saying that everyone paid tribute and prayed  to Chi Chen ( with the essence sticks) including CX and XL but Jing was standing aside, did nothing but in fact he was the only one did it in the novel.

Next is in Season 1, Jing was XY's servant and served XY but in Season 2 he was servant for XY's family (bringing water to Shao Hao)

Then a kiss with 3 people sensing

Kokuto:

I saw the BtS kiss that Jingers were complaining was shorted ... all I could see was the top of Deng Wei's head.  He totally covered Yang Zi's face.  No wonder why they cut it short.  Either they shot it wrong, or he needs to learn how to do a screen kiss, or both.

Both they are incapable of filming anything 

AH :

He definitely added a second merman and I'm NOT happy about it!

If I wasn't so emotionally drained, I'd have to do my vindication dance. :)

blabla100:

Lol, I couldn't see anything. I saw that  AH mentioned that it wasn't a man that he added, but a merman, but I don't believe he was standing next to the mermaid? I need to re check that scene, since I can't find any picture online, but I don't feel like doing it right now. 

I don't know why they are playing so coy with that crystal ball.  SHOW us.  I need to watch it again, but I swear I didn't see another figure, even another merman.

But you guys know my stance on this.  It was a hoped for dream world they shared.  I didn't want Jing's stalker a$$ in there too!  In his dream world, XL or FFB would be the one who could accompany XY.  And since she would never see it, why not?

"The new merman is sitting at the bottom of the ice crystal ball, next to the big clam shell (XL's clam shell"

Sort of like a stalker

H19279:

I saw a lot of posts saying that everyone paid tribute and prayed  to Chi Chen ( with the essence sticks) including CX and XL but Jing was standing aside, did nothing but in fact he was the only one did it in the novel.

Next is in Season 1, Jing was XY's servant and served XY but in Season 2 he was servant for XY's family (bringing water to Shao Hao)

Then a kiss with 3 people sensing

Yes, those too from a bit earlier in S2. 

The TJ fans are giving a 4 now. Their situation is pathetic. I feel a little bit better now

Liu Yifei:

The TJ fans are giving a 4 now. Their situation is pathetic. I feel a little bit better now

We. Be. Petty.  lol  I'm right there with you. hahahahah

AH :

Yes, it was different from the novel. The new merman is sitting at the bottom of the ice crystal ball, next to the big clam shell (XL's clam shell) facing the mermaid and her smaller clam shell but not really looking directly at her. Definitely not holding her outstretched hand or smiling down at her. 

WHY would he add a second merman?  That makes zero sense.  Especially with him not even interacting with XY.  God.  Please don't tell me it was stalker Jing as a merman.  WTF??

Kokuto:
If I wasn't so emotionally drained, I'd have to do my vindication dance. :)

This is something you like? Making the TSJ figure a merperson like the figures that represent XY and XL, even though he is not a son or daughter of the sea (who can breathe under water and hear the songs of the merpeople) like they are?

Kokuto:
I don't know why they are playing so coy with that crystal ball.  SHOW us.  I need to watch it again, but I swear I didn't see another figure, even another merman.

46 minutes woops no I should have said 32 minutes and 52 seconds into the 46 minutes of S2 Ep22. When XL looks closely at the ice crystal ball the camera focuses on the original mermaid and merman and then pans down to the new merman. 

Edit: And then immediately after showing the new merman, the scene cuts over to TSJ's body floating in the ocean and XL protecting him from the sea monsters. 

After Lirong Chang smells / senses TSJ, the scene goes back to XL with the ice crystal ball and he carves his well-wishes for XY into it. The third merman is totally not visible in this part. 

Kokuto:

I did not watch it so don't know how it looked. 

But Deng Wei's height is 183cm and Yang Zi is about 168cm. That height difference is total fine to shoot the kiss without obstacle. So if there was problem, it is likely from the camera director