Kokuto:

We. Be. Petty.  lol  I'm right there with you. hahahahah

I feel better. Everybody is upset. The second merman is laughable. 

AH :
Many YaoJing fans / DW fans are also very unhappy. In their thread there are two users that said they rated S2 4/10 and one user who said they rated S2 2.5/10.

haha, I know who gave it 2.5 and who scored it 4 . They must be super upset . Hoera Yao-Jing happy forever

AH :
This is something you like? Making the TSJ figure a merperson like the figures that represent XY and XL, even though he is not a son or daughter of the sea (who can breathe under water and hear the songs of the merpeople) like they are?

Is that it??  OMG.  Jing as a merman? NOooooooooooooo!

AH :
46 minutes into S2 Ep22. When XL looks closely at the ice crystal ball the camera focuses on the original mermaid and merman and then pans down to the new merman.

Could it be ... was that when we saw XL rescue Jing?  XL threw Jing into the ball as his weak drowned self?  This is truly making no sense.

Kokuto:
Is that it??  OMG.  Jing as a merman? NOooooooooooooo!

That's a better reaction!

Kokuto:
Could it be ... was that when we saw XL rescue Jing?

Yes, the scene immediately before that. 

Liu Yifei:

I feel better. Everybody is upset. The second merman is laughable. I am sure Jing won't make out alive from sea. XL was the one who was connected to the sea. Again an example of bad writing

Or as @Solarlunaesclipse still believes in the theory of resurrection for XL. The 2nd mernan can be a hint. :D

H19279:

I saw a lot of posts saying that everyone paid tribute and prayed  to Chi Chen ( with the essence sticks) including CX and XL but Jing was standing aside, did nothing but in fact he was the only one did it in the novel.

Next is in Season 1, Jing was XY's servant and served XY but in Season 2 he was servant for XY's family (bringing water to Shao Hao)

Then a kiss with 3 people sensing

I really don't understand the complaints about Jing not getting to bow to the memorial.  Though yes, it probably would have been better that he not have been there at all, given all he did was stand around.

YES.  That's Jing's role.  Servant companion.  Like we said all along.

blabla100:
"The new merman is sitting at the bottom of the ice crystal ball, next to the big clam shell (XL's clam shell"

Sort of like a stalker

I mean... it is much more lurky than the novel version... 

AH :

That's a better reaction!

Yes, the scene immediately before that. 

Don't worry. Since Jing is depicted as a merman. Just test his merman abilities. Push him into the sea. He won't make it out alive. I am sure of it. Stupid writing again. That's like the worst thing they could do. 

Liu Yifei:

Don't worry. Since Jing is depicted as a merman. Just test his merman abilities. Push him into the sea. He won't make it out alive. I am sure of it. Stupid writing again. That's like the worst thing they could do. 

He traded the fish demon core, didn't he? He probably could have some which allow him to stay inside the water for 1-2 days. So no worry

blabla100:

"The new merman is sitting at the bottom of the ice crystal ball, next to the big clam shell (XL's clam shell"

Sort of like a stalker

GMTA!

Stalker Jing Merman.  LOL!  I'm dying.

Kokuto:
I really don't understand the complaints about Jing not getting to bow to the memorial.

In the novel, XY introduces TSJ to her mother directly. He meets and greets her (an important moment for a husband-to-be), while XL did not have an opportunity to do so and CX didn't have an opportunity to do so as an adult. As an adult, CX could only bow to XY's mother's empty grave. As far as we are ever shown in the novel, XL might have paid respects to Chi You when Gong Gong paid respects to him and Zhu Rong. But he didn't have an opportunity to meet Ah Heng or to pay respects to her. 

So the fact that TSJ was the only one who didn't bow to XY's parents' portrait in the drama is quite strange. 

AH :

I mean... it is much more lurky than the novel version... 

Always outside of the love nest shell ... watching.

H19279:

Or as @Solarlunaesclipse still believes in the theory of resurrection for XL. The 2nd mernan can be a hint. :D

Don't give me anymore hope. Please god. I believe it already. They should make  a sequel. Otherwise depicting Jing as merman would be baseless. I need  a resurrection themed drama. 

H19279:

haha, I know who gave it 2.5 and who scored it 4 . They must be super upset . Hoera Yao-Jing happy forever

It's just too funny after the millions of times they insisted it was a happy ending, and NOW they are so unhappy with it.  Maybe NOW they will understand the difference between happy ending and not a tragedy.

H19279:

He traded the fish demon core, didn't he? He probably could have some which allow him to stay inside the water for 1-2 days. So no worry

Staying in the water and having abilities underwater are entirely different.  X.l owns water, so he is a merman while jing doesn't