We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kikinaki:
Lol I couldn't get into it either, my goodness! it was just too something.

I'm going to sound like such a Debbie Downer, a hater, and a toxic person but I need to vent since I'm relieved I'm not the only one who doesn't like this ;)

Right from the jump, they already liked each other before the drama even started. Where's the conflict? Where's the development? It seems like the female lead got everything her way because her idol already liked her from way before when he heard her voice.

Kikinaki:
I'm almost done reading the novel and still the fl just "worships" him......it feels like a grown man with a teenager , "teaching" her everything....... where's the plot?

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg! Yikes. Ugh, where's the equality in the relationship? I've never been a fan of these mature man, innocent girl relationships in dramas. It sounds like everything has to be his way and she follows what he says. He has the power over her.

nathsketch:
I wonder when that historical part will be shown. That may be a bit more interesting. I can’t believe I’m considering dropping this after only a day. I may need a head examination lololol

The historical part will probably be the only thing I'm giffing from this :P

@Kokuto

It's traffic dramas with idols.  They want their actors YOUNG.  That's why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Tan Jian Ci, cause he's on the cusp, age wise.  Thankfully, he at least looks young and his roles are different.
Yes, traffic c-actress has like expire date, so if their acting skill not good enough, which in many case sadly not, to transition into proper (serious) drama when they hit 30, then they‘ll fade away. That‘s why many idol actress and actors stars in one crappy drama after the other because they want to make the most of their popularity while they have it. Some make break out with one role (due to lucky star, good director or script that compensate their acting) but their following projects were flops. Hope this don‘t happen to TJC, because he‘s the real deal. And he has such a baby face that he can pass for late twenties still.

Other people have said that, and talked about the age gap, but I don't see it.  Of course, I'm wearing my Tan Glasses. ;p

Me too. I don‘t really feel the age gap. MQC gives a more mature vibe of course but like I said TJC looks so young, so visually they matched really good for me and I don‘t find ZY‘s GS annoyingly cutesy like Orchid in LBFAD (Orchid’s fans pls don‘t stone me, but it took me three trials to finally be able to get past the first Eps and enjoy the story and I keep trying only because I keep hearing ppl raving about it even Avenuex who quite difficult to please). GS is shy but she did stand for herself in some occasions so she has backbone which novel GS sadly doesn‘t have. 

Elise:

The historical part will probably be the only thing I'm giffing from this :P

We‘ll broadcast the historical part if it starts here =)

I always enjoy and appreciate your Gifs @Elise ❤️

That's gonna be a no from me, dawg! Yikes. Ugh, where's the equality in the relationship? I've never been a fan of these mature man, innocent girl relationships in dramas. It sounds like everything has to be his way and she follows what he says. He has the power over her.

The novel yes, that‘s exactly the vibe I‘m getting from it, but the drama improved this and may I say successfully  removed the ickiness. The power in their relationship is more balanced in the drama. Drama MQC respects her boundaries and never pushed her to do anything she‘s not comfortable doing. Some examples of this is shown clearly in the last 2 Eps, where GS one sidedly decided to hide their relationship and MQC just roll with it although he‘s actually very open from the beginning in showing that he‘s pursuing her and would be happily announce to the world that they are bf/gf now and other instances. 

Elise:
Right from the jump, they already liked each other before the drama even started. Where's the conflict? Where's the development? It seems like the female lead got everything her way because her idol already liked her from way before when he heard her voice.

You don't sound like a Debbie Downer or hater.  I thought the same thing about the lack of obstacles and conflict.  But this isn't so much plot driven as a character or slice of life show.  And yes, there's a bit of the self insert going on.  It's not about overcoming to find love in a happy ending, but about awkward people experiencing falling in love.  The FL is actually questioning the good things coming about from her idol's interest -- unsure what is going on, or if she should enjoy it or even accept it.

Elise:

That may be the dynamic from the book, but I don't see it that way in the drama.  Except maybe in the cooking.  lol  I mean, Dr. Mo finally got his friends out the apartment so he could be alone with FL and then doesn't know what to do or say!  He's texting the clueless friends he just kicked out for dating advice.

Kokuto:

Guys.  Just drop it.  No need to come away with a negative feeling about Tan Jian Ci. He's got plenty of other things to watch.

If you want to "support" the show, you can run it in a tab where you don't see it.  I saw someone running the show on their computer, their phone and their tablet!  LOL!

But that’s just it!! He’s the best thing in this drama!! So I feel like I can’t just not watch it. It’s the whole plot that is annoying. Right from the start.

By the way, this gave me courage to continue LYF. Hahahahah

I’m so weird.

The only bad aspect of LYF is Jing. But okay. He’s a fool so I’ll just show him the indifference he deserves lmao.

nathsketch:

The only bad aspect of LYF is Jing. But okay. He’s a fool so I’ll just show him the indifference he deserves lmao.

hold that ff button close and start push it everytime you see Jing, better for your blood pressure that way, it‘s my two cents LOL

luv2bafangurl:

hold that ff button close and start push it everytime you see Jing, better for your blood pressure that way, it‘s my two cents LOL

Yeah I’ll be doing that, definitely! Though I don’t mind him being with Xiao Yao anymore. I’m really cured. It’s a refreshing feeling. Let’s see how long this lasts, though.

Hahahahah

luv2bafangurl:
Yes, traffic c-actress has like expire date, so if their acting skill not good enough, which in many case sadly not, to transition into proper (serious) drama when they hit 30, then they‘ll fade away. That‘s why many idol actress and actors stars in one crappy drama after the other because they want to make the most of their popularity while they have it. Some make break out with one role (due to lucky star, good director or script that compensate their acting) but their following projects were flops. Hope this don‘t happen to TJC, because he‘s the real deal. And he has such a baby face that he can pass for late twenties still.

Yes, that's what I've heard about traffic stars.  Tan Jian Ci isn't completely tied to the label, and lots of people recognize that he can act.  Plus he's got his singing, which doesn't have quite the age bias.

luv2bafangurl:
Me too. I don‘t really feel the age gap. MQC gives a more mature vibe of course but like I said TJC looks so young, so visually they matched really good for me and I don‘t find ZY‘s GS annoyingly cutesy like Orchid in LBFAD (Orchid’s fans pls don‘t stone me, but it took me three trials to finally be able to get past the first Eps and enjoy the story and I keep trying only because I keep hearing ppl raving about it even Avenuex who quite difficult to please). GS is shy but she did stand for herself in some occasions so she has backbone which novel GS sadly doesn‘t have.

Yes, Dr. Mo has a more mature vibe, because of the character's calm personality.  Tan and the 2nd ML are actually the same age, but he looks older but acts less mature.

ZY's character is very much the ingenue, but she's not really cutesy to me either.  She's just naive and not assertive ... like her roomates.  lol   It may take her a bit and some questioning from Dr. Mo, but she will make her opinion known.  And he does ask her about things they do.  They actually talk to each other!

nathsketch:

Everything goes down hill for Jing, from the point you stopped, I think.

luv2bafangurl:

Or you can do that.

nathsketch:

Yeah I’ll be doing that, definitely! Though I don’t mind him being with Xiao Yao anymore. I’m really cured. It’s a refreshing feeling. Let’s see how long this lasts, though.

Hahahahah

I'll set the clock. :)

nathsketch:

But that’s just it!! He’s the best thing in this drama!! So I feel like I can’t just not watch it. It’s the whole plot that is annoying. Right from the start.

By the way, this gave me courage to continue LYF. Hahahahah

I’m so weird.

Heheheheh

Well, if you are going to finish LYF, and feel better about XL, I count that as a win. ;p

It's up to you.  But there's no need to suffer, even for Tan.  You can just look at the pictures and watch clips and listen to his songs from LMLMV. :)

Kokuto:

Heheheheh

Well, if you are going to finish LYF, and feel better about XL, I count that as a win. ;p

It's up to you.  But there's no need to suffer, even for Tan.  You can just look at the pictures and watch clips and listen to his songs from LMLMV. :)

Oh yes the songs ❤️. Some I really like and I start listening to them every night as my lullaby.

It seems like we‘re quite alike =). I remember reading that you like to binge watch because you lost interest quickly when you need to wait for new Ep to come out ? Me too ^–^

Elise:

Watching LMLMV made you think Xiang Liu's ending isn't that bad? lol..... I honestly feel the same way. 

I'm laughing at the fact that too much brainless sugar has you and nathsketh scrambling for some LFY's pain. It's like Goldilocks - we want just the right amount to be satisfied. Maybe what we really want is substance. Love My Voice is pleasant empty calories but lack substance. I think this drama will work better as a binge watch because it doesn't have any conflict or hook that keep you waiting for the next episodes between release. Plus watching it all in one go mean less time in between to think about the lack of substance in the story. Mainline the euphoric sugar high then move on to the next thing.

Elise:

I'm going to sound like such a Debbie Downer, a hater, and a toxic person but I need to vent since I'm relieved I'm not the only one who doesn't like this ;)

When the drama started I believe she just had an crush for him listening to his voice and him too I think. Sometimes when you talk with someone and you hitting off virtually it can be that wholesome sharing things you both like even before seeing in real life. I know where you’re coming it’s the writing for many modern romance drama ML being classic perfect to unrealistic men, make FL relying solely on ML to be the grown up. Here she’s still more lively and vibrant (coming from someone watching a lot of rom-com) even tho she’s shy, I can feel her being honest with what she wants without expressing verbally. Communication is not something easy for everyone some people express themselves differently. I found this drama breathtaking when you also follow full angsty drama, heavy plot drama, annoying characters drama étc.. Now I don’t really care too much when it comes to a rom-com asking for some sensical or well-crafted plot but this one is unique for me, not many recycling cliches like other rom-com, saving up on overdramatic moments, good music, good food appreciation, TJC in his boyfriend-coded era and ZY is still such an adorable actress not the best actress among but still appreciable to watch. You can try seeing the good side of things without thinking too much :)