Recap Season 1 first.

If you want to see something different (It might shock you in good/bad way). Season 1 EP 1 was a shock for me. XD

If you want to know what Love Alarm could cause to people.

If you want to see beautiful scenes excluding characters.

Some good ost.

A bit of real truth but that depends on each person opinions.

If you are a fan of Kim So Hyun.

season 1 is better in every single way. the way season 2 worked its way through took season 1 for granted 

1. Yes if you're not bothered by bad writing of plot and terrible execution of multi-dimensional characters. 
  2. Yes if you can ignore everything about what a good drama present and depicts like good character growth and proper closure to storylines of main characters because the writer failed at that.
  3. Yes if you can stop thinking about the plot holes and bad characterization of characters.
  4. Yes if you are a fan of the actors involved. 

It was a waste of time for me. . I wish i ddnt watch it at all and just leave season 1  as that open ended. The S2  ending sucks! I hate the character of Jojo here they make it look like shes the one suffering but clearly shes not. She hurt Sunoh without any explanation. I would appreciate it if theres any reason at all but nothing.

Think of this as short story without much convincing detail. Then, you will get closure that is left with cliff hanger in season 1. At least for me.
For me, I don't like SO for being too daring, possessive and inconsiderate/too cold. I don't think I can accept if I were a girl no matter how handsome he is.
HY was a coward & JJ lied for her past.
Why did she needs to lie in the first place though?
I think SO is daring cos he got everything and he is still young. HY is a coward cos he is poor and realize the reality and young. I think SO kissed JJ to get truth from HY that he like her in episode 1. He cut the line first and tell HY to start fairly later? It is too late for HY anyway so he left them alone.
Most male lead has overly consideration on their FL & that's the one SO is missing in this drama. He got too much faith in love alarm. Well, cos he was young. FL didn't have time and SO is too big and heavy for her life. In the end, it was a circumstance and the fact that they were immature caused all these problems. So, it was all their fault and no their fault at the same time.
They should just move on after that break up instead of loving each others for too long. Well, it might not be a drama then. XD. They got no big dream in this drama. They just want to live quiet & normal life. I only like YJ but she should have found someone better. :)

It's a waste of time. I watched only 3 episodes and it's not interesting as compare to season 1. And the ending which I read online god it's so heartbreak I mean why did she end up with heyong?

I personally preferred S2 over S1 because it was more mature in themes. It made me think more. Is it perfect? No, and S1 probably has a more mainstream plot with more exciting events. However, S2 is what new Korean dramas need. Maybe if they executed it better than people wouldn't be as mad, but as far as I know the themes in S2 are better tackled. I feel the need to rewatch it because I can pick up new things, whereas S1 was pretty basic.

Euphoria:

It's a waste of time. I watched only 3 episodes and it's not interesting as compare to season 1. And the ending which I read online god it's so heartbreak I mean why did she end up with heyong?

Uhm perhaps @Euphoria could put a spoiler? I came here to decide if I should watch S2, not find out the ending.... Lmao; Thanks for the advice tho, I won't watch it

SakuraPanda:
Thanks for the advice tho, I won't watch it

I hope you read from positive comments too cos they are people who like it and it depends on each personal taste.

Vagabond:

I hope you read from positive comment too cos they are people who like it and it depends on each personal taste.

Definitely and thank you! (Honestly, S1 wasn't my cup of tea, and based on the earlier comment she ends up with the guy I wasn't rooting for.  I feel like knowing that is enough closure for me.)Happy drama watching!

This is for people who think S1 is amazing and S2 trash. They were just above average for me.

https://mydramalist.com/22126-love-alarm/reviews 

You can read my POV here if you don't mind. XD

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/love-alarm-season-2/60555-pov-on-each-characters-why-did-jj-choose-hy-full-season-spoiler-alert

I thought S2 was better than S1 because the characters became more mature and the storyline allowed us to see the characters on deeper levels; putting focus on mental struggles, trauma, and survivor's guilt. 

S1 was your cliché high school drama where I felt like feelings were forced out of the female lead's need of comfort. 

Whereas S2 is so much deeper! Depicting a more mature and healthy romance, where you let feelings grow organically and naturally with The Love Alarm app as a variable/obstacle, along with the characters' mental struggles and growth. There's a lot of insightful hidden messages in this season and I've never felt more satisfied watching a romantic drama!

So if you like typical cliché high school dramas, I think there are better shows out there for that.

But if you wanna watch an atypical but more organic romance drama with focus on mental struggles and with an interesting sci-fi element of a Love Alarm app (which points a lot of criticism to today's social media and technology dependence). I would totally recommend this show!

^ I completely agree with you AnnaPudding. For those who refrain from watching and decide not to watch and or not care about spoilers, please read my more in-depth take on it: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/love-alarm-season-2/60521-spoilers-discussions-questions-answers

I absolutely loved S2, whereas S1 was very fluffy and superficial, but it was a good setup to compare to S2. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy S1, but I'd be feeling guilty to recommend to my older friends. However, S2 goes full circle of everyone's situation and talks about real life problems well personally.