0olongtea:

Luli 2 might not be a continuation of XJ & SF because their story is wrapped very nicely and sweetly, maybe about a story about other characters. I don't think there will be a cameo of XJ & SF in Luli 2 at this rate though. XDXDXD

It is not what these 3 news above are saying. News is taken from Weibo. If the screenwriter is smart and creative he will find a new hidden story for the protagonist couple (within the plot) of the first season (a you tube user who opened my eyes about it). I was thinking (they should have done this with Ye Hua's character) about miles of Peach Blossons (too). The 3 news items above are news taken from Weibo.  And (for a creative mind) there are no limits on worlds and possibilities. We are the ones closing the doors, limiting paths.
It was already said by C. S Lewis, the wise writer of fantastic and fantastical worlds (the prestigious writer of the work "The Chronicles of Narnia").

In my opinion, there is no need for a season 2 because everything is well wrap. 

If there is, it would be a spin off story of the others characters or the story of their children. 

And the new I saw about Li Hong Yi, who look very similar to Chengyi, is now sign under RH company. Knowing how famous HR are for using only their artist in their home-made drama project,  my guess is, if they do make a season 2 it will be a story about one of their kids with LHY as the male lead who will be acting as their son character because of his similarity look with CY.

Mira Vong:

In my opinion, there is no need for a season 2 because everything is well wrap. 

If there is, it would be a spin off story of the others characters or the story of their children. 

And the new I saw about Li Hong Yi, who look very similar to Chengyi, is now sign under RH company. Knowing how famous HR are for using only their artist in their home-made drama project,  my guess is, if they do make a season 2 it will be a story about one of their kids with LHY as the male lead who will be acting as their son character because of his similarity look with CY.

I think that if LHY signed with the company, they are already thinking about season 3 (as I heard), that the children's story will be for a future (I believe there is still a story for our beloved main couple), and as a visionary user from you tube revealed to me (there is a hidden story that has not been told), and these 3 news above are clearly revealing (that there was a hidden plot).

And I even recommend for season 3 (the female partner for LHY (the actress Zaulusi) who did "Love better than immortality" with LHY.

I also think that XJ and SF’s story is completed. So after SF and XJ die as mortals, they would go back to the heavenly realm as Xi Xuan and GOW? 

pinksprings01:

I also think that XJ and SF’s story is completed. So after SF and XJ die as mortals, they would go back to the heavenly realm as Xi Xuan and GOW? 

I think not (Chinese and Korean storytelling) is different from Western thinking. There is even a drama (I didn’t watch it) that a user revealed (that they did a new version of the story), like season 2 (it’s the drama “Unrequited love 2).

But L&R 2 is a sequel (not a new version of the story).
 eliteles1:
And I even recommend for season 3 (the female partner for LHY (the actress Zaulusi) who did "Love better than immortality" with LHY.

I like both of them in Love better than immortality. It will be great if they are in season 3

pinksprings01:

There are so many rumors about season 2. Let's just wait and see.

Mira Vong:

I like both of them in Love better than immortality. It will be great if they are in season 3

Me too. 

Mira Vong:

There are so many rumors about season 2. Let's just wait and see.

And what well-founded rumors! (It is no longer a smoke suggesting fire). I think the fire has already started to burn.

I don't want a season 2 about Sifeng and Xuanji. Their story is great as it. They better don't ruin it. They can make a spin off about WZQ and Zihu, or Chuyu couple's kids,...

But Minnie once said it's gonna be an adaptation from another novel. 

If CY and YBY work together again ( the chance are low for now), I want it to be with a new material, a new story, new characters. H&R has many novels Ip, they can find something.

LovelyLady:

I don't want a season 2 about Sifeng and Xuanji. Their story is great as it. They better don't ruin it. They can make a spin off about WZQ and Zihu, or Chuyu couple's kids,...

If CY and YBY work together again ( the chance are low for now), I want it to be with a new material, a new story, new characters. H&R has many novels Ip, they can find something.

As for me (on the other hand), I want the plot shown in this 3 news. But ... let's wait and see. (They must have written the story since last year). I bet.
 LovelyLady:

H&R has bought so many upcoming xianxia and historical dramas from diff popular novel. Unfortunately this company as suck as hell. 

The newest rumour is that "spring banquet" will played by CY and YBY but everyone in weibo denied it so i think the rumor is false. My only hope is that someday CY and YBY can act togother again especially in Qian Xiang Yin who said to be LaR S2 :)) the chance is almost impossible, but i'll pray.

CY and ZYX already has 2 upcoming dramas, MXCA and the southern knows my will. But I just cant see them as couple. I still see them as sifeng and ling long :)) probably wont watch it.

@chieeee Ikr. It sucks they got so many novels rights . Spring Banquet seems to be one of their most anticipated adaptation.  The cast gonna have a lot of pressure. As for now,  I want them to work with other actors / actresses,  get a wide range in their acting. Hopefully,  one day, they'll reunite on screen again.