Since many of you seemed to  like my comment, I thought I'd post it in the forum so that people who watch the series later on can perhaps benefit from it as well. Below,  you’ll find my personal interpretation of the show. If there are other interpretations or additions, feel free to add them :)

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING 

I would say the theme of the show is second chances.

Basically, it's about the following: Myung Ha (29 years old) impulsively decides to take his own life after his grandmother died, his girlfriend left him, he has no friends in life and his mother pretends she doesn't know him. Before he died, he wished he had someone who would stay by his side, support him and love him. (You see this part towards the end of the show, the shooting star scene, where you also see what happened in his ‘first life’)

The show begins with the aftermath of the wish. He's sitting in a bar (after he died) talking to fate (I assume). He's depressed about life, talks about how everything is pre-written by Fate and that you can't change anything no matter what happens. Fate (the author) asks him if he could make the story better if he had the chance, and tells him about the plans for a new game version where the player can make decisions and choose a path. (He sort of bets Myung Ha if he could come to a better ending if he were the player) Overall, I think this part of the series represents how some things in life are given (the game's mission), but how you can decide what to do with them.

Anyway, in the end, Myung Ha's main goal becomes to make Yeo Woon happy because he fell in love with him. He really wants Yeo Woon to be happy and after he tried so hard, thought the only way remaining would be to make Yeo Woon the author / main character (the first thing he writes: Yeo Woon, author). But this makes his own role in the story unnecessary and he himself and the memories of him are erased. Luckily, a few things remain and so he is later rediscovered and Yeo Woon finds his notes about the game (which Myung Ha used to write in the little book) and he finds the author's pen which he uses to wish Myung Ha a happy life (it's love, they just want happiness for the person they love ? ) Therefore, Myung Ha comes back to the world where he was still 19 and gets his second chance at a happy life ❤️ (His wish became true, Yeo Woon was the person supporting him til the end..)

(Please, don't mind my bad english..)

Thanks for it!
I personally didn't feel any issue to understand what was the plot, but apparently a lot of people were confused. Its great you made such a comprehensive text to the ones lost with the ending <3

Hi, I saw this in Gaga and the subs were not very good (as usual!) and I think I might have missed some important parts. So I didn't see anything about Myung Ha writing about turning Yeo Woon into the author/main character. When does this happen? Thanks.

Thank you so much for your explanation. Really great! It gave me a better perspective of something I already loved! I will miss this series. Beautiful! 10!

Thank you so much for the explanation. I had some minor issues understanding the game theme. I think the main reason was that i did not see Myung Ha writing Yeo Woon becoming the author, or well the subtitles were not totally correct anyway.

JoRod:

Hi, I saw this in Gaga and the subs were not very good (as usual!) and I think I might have missed some important parts. So I didn't see anything about Myung Ha writing about turning Yeo Woon into the author/main character. When does this happen? Thanks.

Same. The copy that I watched was from Gaga and the subtitle is Make Yeo Woon happy. Where can we find the right subtitle?