Home
princessofsummer wrote: I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I search for an actor, the server not only showed the name of the actor itself but also of another random actor.
Like when I search for Uchiyama Rina, the result showed her name AND Horikita Maki.

It's not a bug. The reason for that is in the Maki biography it has the name Uchiyama Rina.
This line "she co-starred with her agency senior Rina Uchiyama."
Skye-N-Rain wrote: It's not a bug. The reason for that is in the Maki biography it has the name Uchiyama Rina.
This line "she co-starred with her agency senior Rina Uchiyama."

So basically it searches through not only their name but also through their description and role names (and possibly the comments too). Is that about right?
If it is, is it possible to limit the search on their names only? It's kind of tiring to go through 3 pages of names only to not find what I'm looking for.
It will search for Name first then Given name then Nicknames and then Biography. Then the search result return in the important order. If you're on like 2nd or 3rd page mean your keyword is too general or doesn't really match. You can however search for the Drama Title and it'll list all the actors from that drama.
I see. The thing is before I add an actor to the database I triple check it to make sure that it's not yet existing; meaning I search for the whole name first, then the native name, then the surname alone.
But since you said the search result returns in order of importance then I'll just ignore the pages other than the 1st. ;)
When I get a chance I'll add the check in the adding actor page so you don't have to do all of that.
Oh thank you, that would really help. :)
Am I the only one for whom MDL was not working at all yesterday and part of today? (GMT+2 time)
catnip wrote: Am I the only one for whom MDL was not working at all yesterday and part of today? (GMT+2 time)

It wasn't working for me either, I got a bit scared for a moment.
The same here. This was the first site I went to this morning to see if it was up.

NorthernPoleGirl wrote: It wasn't working for me either, I got a bit scared for a moment.
Same here. I still can't use it without proxy. that means site is not down. maybe DNS issue.
catnip wrote: Am I the only one for whom MDL was not working at all yesterday and part of today? (GMT+2 time)

NorthernPoleGirl wrote: It wasn't working for me either, I got a bit scared for a moment.

drangonfly2323 wrote: The same here. This was the first site I went to this morning to see if it was up.

Here is what they wrote on facebook: :)

Seems like our server hosts are having some more problems so some of you may not be able to access MyDramaList.com. It's out of our hands, but they are working diligently on it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

Seems like it may take a few more hours to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience but it's really out of our hands unfortunately.

www.MyDramaList.com has started working for me. It turns out the problem was a DNS issue. In short, in the upcoming hours it'll slowly start working for everyone. In short, it should be back soon.

Source: MDL's fb page

Han-yuu wrote: Same here. I still can't use it without proxy. that means site is not down. maybe DNS issue.

I did the same. But it works for me now.
I couldn't access it yesterday as well, so It was a host problem. (got worried there) ^^
*pheeeeew* I am really relieved now too! It worked for about 2 days not for me and I already got worried there:)
I think there is a bug in total watched time (days).. It's showing Times (Days): 18.14 on profile drama stats and 0.87 for movie stats. while it's showing different days in anime list view. Days: 6.29 (Watching) Days: 15.09 (Completed) Days: 5.57 (Dropped)
yeh i couldn't access it either for 2 days i was worried it was gonna be down forever *cry*