Quick answer - no, I don't think it is overrated. I think it is a masterpiece. It is the only drama I've scored as 10/10, from the 130 or so I've watched.

Arihant D:

I was hyped for this show as this was from the writer of Another Miss Oh and director of Signal both of them are standouts of their genre (Rom com and thriller)

Yet,the story and show they delivered seemed to me a miss-sell based on the title of the show and ended quite strangely in my opinion.

Still, I am amazed to see the ratings this gets..

Anyone with room temperature I.Q will definitely find this drama overrated. Simple as that.

BTW IT'S SAGEUK NOT SAEGUK

Calling folks having room temperature IQ does expose your IQ..And thanks for correcting the spelling ,which is not even an english word..

Would have liked to hear a reasoning but it may be too much to ask from persons with your IQ, I suppose

RealNevermore:

Anyone with room temperature I.Q will definitely find this drama overrated. Simple as that.

BTW IT'S SAGEUK NOT SAEGUK

So , if anyone doesn't agrees with you , or does not have the same set of opinion as you , would be having a room temperature I.Q ? This thought can come into an IQ of room temperature - 70 F . These forums are for discussing your opinions and choices on the series and not on individuals , kindly refrain from using such personal comments . You and I can have different opinions , you don't have to diss someone for that.

Pranjali Srivastava:

So , if anyone doesn't agrees with you , or does not have the same set of opinion as you , would be having a room temperature I.Q ? This thought can come into an IQ of room temperature - 70 F . These forums are for discussing your opinions and choices on the series and not on individuals , kindly refrain from using such personal comments . You and I can have different opinions , you don't have to diss someone for that.

Says, "..you don't have to diss someone for that." But proceeds to use the same diss in own comment, " This thought can come into an IQ of room temperature - 70 F."

Hypocrisy has left the chat.

And, yes, anyone who thinks 95% of My Mister watchers are 'dumb' and 'naive' (both on MDL and IMDB) enough to rate it higher than 9 and proceeded to make a obvious flame bait discussion post calling this great drama (one of the best in the world of its genre) an 'overrated' one, deserves to be called a low IQ simp in my honest opinion. So shove your hypocrisy somewhere else.

The user Real Never more seems to taken leave of all his/her senses as to how a real,normal human being behaves and is basically a troll

1. Kindly STFU and move out of here and stop abusing us normal folks..who engage in civil discussions.
  2. Get medical /psychiatric help as soon as possible..You really seem to need it.

Ha Ha. At first I though Nevermore was saying that anyone who rated MM highly had a room temperature IQ .  But his follow up comment seems to be saying that only people with room temperature IQs thinks MM is overrated.

I guess I have a room temperature IQ, because I'm confused by the whole thing.

Malory:

Well, then I have an easy solution for you.  Go to the fansite and read the posts under Analysis.  I guarantee you will come out convinced that the lovers have indeed found their way to each other.  This drama had to tell its romance in very subtle ways because of the ridiculous criticism it received when IU was first considered as the lead.   And in my opinion they succeeded wildly in telling a very unconventional love story.  But seriously, just spend sometime reading the posts.  I am very curious to see what you think after you do that.

I loved this show and thought it was about what it means to be human, and what that entails -- love, loyalty, hardship, betrayal, and  forgiveness.  Above all, it was about how to remain a decent human being regardless of what befalls you, as  Dong Hoon had done.  I was happy interpreting Dong Hoon's relationship with Ji An as platonic because I am not sure he would have been  quite as decent if he were fooling around with a girl young enough to be his daughter.  

You said there was controversy over casting  IU as the female lead. Was it because she was, as I'd said, young enough to be his daughter and fans assumed she and he would be playing lovers?  If so, then the fans were being silly to make assumptions without seeing the show first.

At any rate,  I was glad this relationship remained platonic, and that Dong Hoon got back together with his wife. What troubled me was that at the very end they tell us his wife is living in America with  their son for a year.  Meaning, he's not really with her.  Now, this couple has a lot of work to do to mend their relationship, yet she flies off to America for a year?  Most fans were frustrated because they thought Dong Hoon's relationship with Ji An was inconclusive; but I thought it was his relationship with his wife that was inconclusive.  After all, we can't be sure they're truly happy together if she's living halfway across the planet from him.  Moving her to America was just such an odd and unnecessary plot point to toss in at the very end. 

not a fan of doormat mcs and this dude is the king of doormats

DeepKahk:

not a fan of doormat mcs and this dude is the king of doormats

Why doormat? I thought he was kind though dull but not someone to be walked all over.. He did quit his job and also his decisions with IU and his marriage (whatever those actually were in the end) was his own so why a doormat?

Archie_A:

Why doormat? I thought he was kind though dull but not someone to be walked all over.. He did quit his job and also his decisions with IU and his marriage (whatever those actually were in the end) was his own so why a doormat?

doormat making doormat decisions is still a doormat

DeepKahk:

doormat making doormat decisions is still a doormat

Why is he a doormat? could you please elaborate?

Give us a specific situation, or action, and how would you/ or believe should have been done?

I am curious how can you call someone who managed to become a director, then  set up a successful company and all his staff left with him. A man who provides for his family and considered a hero in his neighbourhood. A man who helps those in tough spot.  Idk, please explain.

Random Series:

Why is he a doormat? could you please elaborate?

Give us a specific situation, or action, and how would you/ or believe should have been done?

I am curious how can you call someone who managed to become a director, then  set up a successful company and all his staff left with him. A man who provides for his family and considered a hero in his neighbourhood. A man who helps those in tough spot.  Idk, please explain.

Yes, that's what I wanted to know. Because like the character or not he always seemed to make his own decisions based on his principles (agree with them or not) and stand and also live by them. I really don't think he was pushed around.

He was quiet but confident.

I think people just have to make it to a certain point in the show to realize who PDH really is. I felt too at the first couple of episodes that he was a doormat, he didn't really seem alive and that was hard to watch. I think by the end he isn't really like that at all