usernamenotfoundXX:
shows

I really had a lot of contemplation whether he's a bad guy or a good guy and I ended up thinking that maybe he was one of those persons on the grey area. Drug dealing, murder, violence or crime overall aside, I feel like he's a decent person. Behind that charismatic and monstrous facade is a human with feelings and emotion. It wasn't clearly expressed whether his caring for JiWoo was of a mere guilt for killing her father or because he was just really planning to torture and destroy her life more.

I personally want to believe that it was because of guilt and somehow he wanted to make up for what he did (although killing is completely wrong). He clearly know from the start that JiWoo will know everything and she might come back after him but he still proceeded anyway.

A part of me also thinks that maybe, he doesn't have the courage to own up to his mistake on his own and he knows that he can't stop himself so in a way, nurturing JiWoo to be someone  who will catch him one day is one of his hopes. He won't mind dying in JiWoo's hands because he knows he owes her but at the same time he wants to live up to his pride that he's someone that is not easy to catch.

I think the reason why he was also mad that JiWoo decided not to go after him is that he knows that dying because of JiWoo is the only option for him to feel at peace/die at peace. I agree that he is still bothered by the fact that he killed DongHoon. It doesn't sit well with him.

It was a very heartbreaking series really. There's a lot of 'that could've been' thoughts in my mind. But I really enjoyed it. That was a masterpiece that's well-executed.

usernamenotfoundXX:
Set aside the moral issue of the illegal stuff he does, I do think he is a pretty decent character. He was not the kind of villain that is perversely evil or purely driven by greed and bloodlust.

He has a very strong sense of loyalty hence any betrayal really must have cut deep. Props to the actor for being able to show his conflicting emotions upon knowing of the betrayal. 

In my opinion, even with the betrayal he still showed mercy to Donghoon despite their apparent one sided brotherhood. It’s a given that death is for the traitor and since the betrayal is personal, the more reason he has to lash out

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much, expressed my thoughts almost down to the exact word. Traitors are meant to die in this world, and Mu Jin doesn't trust people easily, hence his lashing out when he found out that his closest ally had been a dirty mole all along. Also our heroine was ready to kill an honest police officer for killing her gangster/criminal of a father, and when she knew the truth she suddenly started acting like her father was a martyr or something. Hated that.

I wish I could physically like this post because I 100% agree with you!!! Mujin was a complex character that had me rooting for him one moment and then screaming him at him the next. I found the moments he acted fatherly so endearing and it hurts that his actions made him into such a devil.