Well, I am sorry to disappoint you but Siyah Beyaz Ask is nowhere the highest rated series in Turkey.

Recently ( to be precise: in the last six years), Sen Anlat Karadeniz is the only series that recorded a high rating of ~19%. On the other hand SBA has ratings of 3-5%, thus behind Söz, Cukur and Yasak Elma. All four air at the same time.

Just wanted to clarify it.

Orulyon:

Well I only watched the first 5 eps of Siyah Beyaz ask and I can tell you that from all other Turkish drama I've watched its definitely much much less cliché and darker than the others.  Also I believe Siyah beyaz is the best rated turkish drama of all time, so I'm guessing you are right, it's a rare gem, its rating surpasses all others by far. :D

Gulsan:

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you but Siyah Beyaz Ask is nowhere the highest rated series in Turkey.

Recently ( to be precise: in the last six years), Sen Anlat Karadeniz is the only series that recorded a high rating of ~19%. On the other hand SBA has ratings of 3-5%, thus behind Söz, Cukur and Yasak Elma. All four air at the same time.

Monday is a very competitive day for tukish dramas. Infact almost all the dramas airing on monday are popular including Siyah Beyaz Aşk (SBA). Moreover SBA is a dark ramantic drama with the male lead as dark, badass character. Turkish people generally shy away from such dark male leads.. they want their male leads to be good, kind souls. And they prefer action dramas than romance dramas. So, it's ratings used to be a bit down compared to other shows on monday. But since the last few weeks it's ratings have furthur dropped due to the airing of few other new big shows on monday. But the positive thing is, not only SBA's rating, all other monday dramas' ratings are also dropped because of soo many popular shows on same day. But SBA is a worldwide phenomenon on social media. It trends even worldwide on monday.

And there is no competition between Sen Anlat Karadeniz(SAK) and Siyah Beyaz Aşk(SBA). SAK airs on wednesday & SBA airs on monday. SAK deals with social message concerning domestic violence while SBA is a dark romantic fantasy show. Both are different concepts. It is not fair to compare them. People watch SAK or SBA or both according to their own tastes. As for me, i don't like SAK since it is too violent and extreme for me.. i couldn't even finish it's ep1.. whereas i loved SBA to pieces. It all depends on one's own taste. Some prefer SAK while some prefer SBA while some prefer both 

I'm really into turkish drama, but i have watched Magnificent Century. If you into historical drama you should definitely watch it.  

Here is the trailer! : https://youtu.be/YiffTi-qKCk 

Good luck!

Your discussion here, I again get the feeling to pick up watching of Magnificent Century.

But it seems official Polish videos on TV station page are gone, so does anyone know any site with EN subs?

@chinnim

I am not comparing SAK and SBA. Why would I? As you said they have very different stories. And I very well know that they air on different days ;) Turkish Tv is running at my home the whole day ;)

I only stated that SBA is not the best rated series in Turkey. I only took the example of SAK to clarify what numbers a series should have to be called a ratings winner nowadays.

I don't know about ratings in Turkey, but on IMDB  Siyah Biyaz Ask is rated a 9.3!!!!!  ......Even Ezel is 8.5 ...  Although that's amazing,  my favorite Turkish dramas are rated in the 6's and Fatmagul is 5.5!! .....  One of the best written and best acted shows is a 5.5, so ratings don't mean much to me.

Siyah Biyaz Ask  stands out  due to  the very clever dialogue, the witty banter, and dead-pan sense of humor.    

It is also different b/c although the themes of what makes a person good and/or bad, or beauty & beast,  etc..., are Very Trite , their take is refreshing and not cliched! ... This and the dialogue, make it stand out.

The romance development is reasonable, believable.  The two leads match each other, complete one another.  We feel the romance & Love, without a need for  "cute" or "romantic" scenes of the couple.

Yes,  Ferhat is very dark.  It's bold to make a cold killer the romantic lead, but of course, he's also the most honorable, most clever, and kindest man in the show;  all done in a very believable  way for a complex character. ....  He's not a true beast, so he's still likable to the audience.  .... He's also made to be one of those bigger-than-life action heroes, to me that's a weakness of the show, but it's probably what audiences want.

The dead pan humor is the best!!   Here's an example:   she tells the waiter seating them "don't bother, he doesn't know about such things."  Sitting, he replies "what don't I know?"  She says "Pulling out a chair for a lady" , he, w/ a stone faced-expression " Then the lady will fall!"   ........ Mwahahaha!

Another ex:  She "Are you coming also?", he "into the surgery room, if necessary"..she grumbles "all I'm missing is a leash", he, without blinking, "it's on your finger". (they're married) ...LMAO!

@Orulyon --- yes, it seems much less cliched ... The show is not dark, only the hero :)

I just started watching a turkish drama on netflix and it is my first one . It seems to be very fluffy. It is called babba Candir and it is the turkish version of the kdrama what happens to my family. I am about half way through and am really enjoying it

I just started watching a turkish drama on netflix and it is my first one . It seems to be very fluffy. It is called babba Candir and it is the turkish version of the kdrama what happens to my family. I am about half way through and am really enjoying it

Okay. I needed this thread. I need to mark me some episodes. 

Gulsan:

Sorry, I meant in IMDB (which is the "official" rating website for the majority of western fans). I searched there and its one of the highest ratings...but yes, in the origin country it must be different.

Thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it:)

Gulsan:

Wow really Sen Anlat Karadeniz is rated so high? Well I didn't expect that lol. I haven't watched it but the commercial was shown every minute on tv and my parents told me that they really dislike it. Hmm I should watch the first episode some day.

The only one I've watched was Alvida Derken back in 2007 I think. It was ok, reminded me of the Latin telenovelas I grew up watching. Too much melo going on. The BGM was really good though. 

rainruma:
Siyah Biyaz Ask stands out due to the very clever dialogue, the witty banter, and dead-pan sense of humor.

I'm watching it and I totally love it, I love the humor and everything about this drama.

Farhat is so great, his acting is amazing. 

I can't wait for episode 26.

jinnborn:

I'm watching it and I totally love it, I love the humor and everything about this drama.

Farhat is so great, his acting is amazing. 

I can't wait for episode 26.

Glad you're watching, maybe we'll fangirl together!

Don't tell me ep. 25 came out :( .... I'm trying hard to resist and wait until it stops airing!.... It's so D*** addicting.!!    ...  The dynamics b/w the couple is like charged energy ....  I  love the dialogue, how it seems as if they are always bickering , but as one of the maids said, it's all flirting. 

I have seen very few dramas that have such fun and witty banter .... I don't want to compare to the greats, but it reminds me of Darcy and Lizzy's clever and witty arguments, that was also flirting ;)

Does anyone know how many episodes it is supposed to be?

rainruma:
Don't tell me ep. 25 came out

Yes it came out, and it was like 'OMG'. Some new secrets, and the best part was Asli and Farhat.

I tried to resist watching it,until it stops airing, but I can't, plus they usually extend the dramas as long as the rating is high. So I decided to watch it weekly.