K. Stewart is acting, though.  After Twilight I thought she would be embarassing as Princess Diana but she nailed it, and that's when I realized Bella was an annoying twit on purpose and Stewart was magnificent at it. Ohm, though, doesn't appear to be acting at all, unless he's acting like a block of marble, in which case he's a genius. @Jarabaa wants him to act LESS, but if he did the universe would collapse in on itself and we would live in an anti-matter dimension.

Think about Earth Pirapat in 1,000 Stars, as cold, stoic, harsh and emotionless Chief. He could transition from cold to sweet, but when he was being icy you could still feel the vulnerability and everything else below it. with Ohm there's nothing. No nuance, no subtlely, just a vaguely angry expression. He's lucky he's pretty.

jpny01:

K. Stewart is acting, though.  After Twilight I thought she would be embarassing as Princess Diana but she nailed it, and that's when I realized Bella was an annoying twit on purpose and Stewart was magnificent at it. Ohm, though, doesn't appear to be acting at all, unless he's acting like a block of marble, in which case he's a genius. @Jarabaa wants him to act LESS, but if he did the universe would collapse in on itself and we would live in an anti-matter dimension.

Think about Earth Pirapat in 1,000 Stars, as cold, stoic, harsh and emotionless Chief. He could transition from cold to sweet, but when he was being icy you could still feel the vulnerability and everything else below it. with Ohm there's nothing. No nuance, no subtlely, just a vaguely angry expression. He's lucky he's pretty.

Agreed! On Three major points!  1. There is NO possible way this man should emote less. I see his emotions, but they are so subtle when I went back to watch the scenes I thought he conveyed emotion in and I realize that I was just feeling the vibe of the scene and he, in fact, did not do all I thought he did. I feel like I only picked up changes in his expression cause I can be a bit robotic.  Also, the people around me and I are well versed in saying outrageous things with no expression.  You have to feel or just know when they are joking or serious. 2, He is SOOO good at being angry, annoyed, or sad. In this series, those are the only modes you see him in, but the character is a disgruntled young man who suffers tragic rich boy syndrome. However, I don't know if he is trying to play that up. You know we shall see if he can turn the stick figure into a real boy. 3. FINALLY, someone willing to admit that Bella was just an annoying character! K. Stewart has done a lot of growing but honestly trying to convey that I think I am basic while everyone thinks I am hot. And I whine like 97% of the time because two hot supernatural heartthrobs are after me. Somehow I never grow into a person with confidence. I just become a relationship-obsessed woman who has powers and then morph into a relationship-obsessed vampire who has more power.  While whole wars are fought in the name of protecting me. Is not easy.  

ROTFL!!!! I appreciate this and you. 

Hi, just responding to Mijustmi's speculations ... No, I'm a Leo - meaning I don't like being ignored. Note:  I didn't liken Ohm to ice or call him icy. I did mention glass and a pool of water, I admit - which suggest something cool, yes, you're right. But now I think I misplaced the emphasis. My main encounter with this actor was as Pharm's beloved "P'Deeeeeeeaaan" in UWMA.  Looking back, I didn't actually find him cold at all. And he definitely didn't ignore Pharm or anyone else. To the contrary, he was sensitive, considerate and supportive. But. In broad strokes, the P'Dean character was reserved, laconic, a man of few words who did not engage in big displays of emotion. 

I like men - I'm gay.  And I'm always on the look-out for new, interesting examples of male beauty and charm. When I was young, many a female character (and indeed actresses in real life) cultivated a reserved, composed, serene but slightly aloof aura - always, always slightly mysterious - which certainly fascinated and attracted many men. It was a classic feminine pose which had its heyday before I came into the world. Grace Kelly had it. Eva Marie Saint. Much earlier, Garbo.  The great Japanese actress Setsuko Hara embodied it. Anyhow, it's always captivated me - and if I'd been straight, I would be wildly infatuated. Nowadays, like most forms of discretion, grace and delicacy, it's all but unknown. But I thought I encountered a male version of this mystique - the very first example I can think of - in Ohm's characterisation of P'Dean.  As I say - reserved, still, composed, laconic - yet not cold at all, and also not the overworked and toxic "strong & silent" masculine hero persona, but the opposite of all of that:  observant, kind, attentive, gracious. And always:  slightly mysterious. In a word, charming. And I was 101% charmed!

OK, I won't ignore a Leo. I think that Fluke so expressive that anything we feel from Ohm is just reflected. I found Dean so boring in UWMA that I had to put it on 2x just to stay awake, and I don't think I watched the finale because I forgot it was on - or maybe I did but just don't remember it. 

Perhaps there's a point where we find someone so physically attractive that it's enough. He certainly has porcelain skin, an etherial look to him, and poise. But I just don't get anything from him other than his abiliy to stand around and look pretty.  In the last episode I found myself shipping Sun with Rain - to me Noh is what Ohm would be if he had any acting ability.

When I began this discussion, I never thought it would get so many responses  with varying degrees of love or not so much love for my beloved Ohm and Fluke. Like jarabaa my first encounter with both actors was UWMA . However, it was 2021 when I first got into BLs as being from Belize it is not commonplace to watch or love BLs. Something about that series brought out so many emotions in me that up to today I still cry when I watch episode 1 and listen to the main two songs (Until We Meet Again and Luckiest Boy) almost every day.  

I thought the character of Dean was debonair and had a reserved kind of charm. The character loved but in a way that was not overly dramatic. I know that Thai BLs do constant workshops so the actors become the characters they portray. Like Dean, Kim seems so uninterested and distant. But, if you look at both characters, they are very close and caring for the friends around them - Dean to Win and Kim to  Baibua and eventually the ones they love.  For Kim,  Sun will warm him up, even at a slow pace. 

Now on to Ohm. I am not going to lie. He is tall, sexy, and handsome.  When I saw him in UWMA when Manow (Sammy) pointed him out I was like damn... he is gorgeous! Nothing has changed I think he is aging like fine wine 😜😜😜 and whoever his life partner will be is so damn lucky!

Keep the discussion going... I love it 😊

In the case of this drama, I think the writing of his character is a bigger issue than his "acting". At least in UWMA he felt like a real person. A very, very dull person. Here his behavior is too all over the place and doesn't feel property motivated. I'm probably overly bothered by how fake the music is - it's hard to take someone seriously as a cellist when you can hear that it's a low-quality synthesizer, plus to a musician, the way they treat their instruments makes me feel like I might if I were watching someone shake a baby.

Anyway, it doesn't feel like is character is well-thought through, which is why his behavior is Not Quite Right. It's probably hard on the actor too - how do you inhabit a character that doesn't really make sense?

Dude one of the major plot points was that his family found him cold in the beginning. If he didn't give off at least a little chill to you guys then maybe there is a problem. He eventually softens, but he is a bit cold at first. However, you cannot be a person possessed by the spirit of your lover's great uncle and be boring. (And I know that more script than his acting, but come on I will never get to say that in any context again. lol.) I still retain the rules when giving people a deep strong grown man cry. He is good at banging on dashboards with the I f*** up in another lifetime anger. Intimidation glare he has got it down. Do you want someone who is frustrated with life? He has you.  That you know it's on tonight look which may be just him staring look cause he is indeed attractive. But this man has minimal facial expressions and rarely talks. However, I do find that even without it the feelings are conveyed. I don't know how, but I understand his gaze and body language... or I am projecting what I want to feel from the character. And I think he is good at transmitting feelings to the audience with minimal words. 

I also feel like this character may be unrelatable as he is an overly wealthy college student with succession problems. I do understand why they are problems as he has an older brother, but hey maybe that will get explained later. He also is stuck on his childhood first love and there may be some trauma there, but the story is incomplete. I feel it's one of those wait and watch things. They got better as time went on in UWMA.... so I will wait with them. I expect things to start sparking next ep.

I'm still watching, so it's not all bad for me. I still wonder if maybe we project onto him what we think he's feeling based on what Fluke is projecting. If Fluke gets upset at him, then we assume he's callous. If Fluke looks at him lovingly, we assume he's being soft, etc. Kind of like when someone gets strangled onscreen the actor getting killed is the one in control and doing all the work.

jpny01:

I'm still watching, so it's not all bad for me. I still wonder if maybe we project onto him what we think he's feeling based on what Fluke is projecting. If Fluke gets upset at him, then we assume he's callous. If Fluke looks at him lovingly, we assume he's being soft, etc. Kind of like when someone gets strangled onscreen the actor getting killed is the one in control and doing all the work.

I did wonder at some point if I was projecting. When I first made a reply here in my head I had scenes where he did specific actions that I translated into an emotion. So I re-watched to fact check and it never happened. That is why I thought I was projecting based on the mood/vibe of the scene. 

jarabaa:

But that's his charm, his mystique. And ... oh my! It works on you or it doesn't. So whereas you see a sheet of plywood, I see a sheet of polished dark glass - or a still pool of water. I actually want LESS emoting and expression from Ohm - so that I'm totally rapt, spellbound, waiting for the slightest moue, the hint of a frown, the most discreet  glance to the side ... that's just the way he is. Still waters run deep. Or maybe they don't. Who cares? I find him captivating!

Ohm is really a gem and he is still evolving.  The first time I saw him in uwma, he captivated me instantly not because of his looks but his magnetic,  arresting personality. His acting is so fluid that he excels where many find it difficult to express a lot with just a look, a glance, a gesture. He is also known as being the king of improvisation that gave great moments in uwma, close friends, etc. But that's just an aspect of who he is as an actor , it depends on what character he has to play. Check him out for example in romantic blue the series , saneha stories on TV thunder and his more traditional Thailand based series just to see how different his approach is on being emotionally immersed in character and play a carefree lovely boy, very open. He is a very gifted talented young man. 

Like everyone else, I fell in love with OhmFluke in UWMA. I follow both of them actively in social media every day, although Fluke is my bias. Fluke is truly a remarkable person in terms of his experience, professionalism, acting, kindness, dedication, determination to keep growing, resilience after discrimination.... everything. <3 Ohm is also wonderful and I am so grateful for UWMA to have brought them together. It's been 3 years... and they have so many more projects coming up, and more that they are still planning. Ohm's acting is certainly improving and if you follow him on social media you would appreciate his sweet and kind personality. He still is under Channel 8 and juggles filming lakorns and other works with Fluke. OhmFluke together help each other to grow professionally with hard work and determination.

Also, they have a fan club named "MyBlue," If you didn't know, they just had their 3 anniversary fan meeting and it was sooo sweet!  I can't seem to upload photos, but you can find them on Twitter. :) They also came out with a song called "Falling For You."  Look on youtube for OhmFluke's Official Music Video!

I really don't like OhmFluke's series after UWMA. I didn't see any chemistry between them and it always seemed like Ohm was annoyed, or arrogant towards Fluke. I used to ship them and liked them after Uwma, but in real life Ohm also acts like he's too good for Fluke. And their fans often act like Fluke doesn't deserve Ohm because Ohm is too good, too cool or something like that 😔