I liked the fact that I saw westerners. Like Europeans, Taiwanese, African american and so on. What are you guys opinions, was this drama acceptable for you in terms of race? 

I like it. The main actress was half french half taiwanese. One of the teacher was from africa, and he even use his real voice.

Icelina Silver :

I liked the fact that I saw westerners. Like Europeans, Taiwanese, African american and so on. What are you guys opinions, was this drama acceptable for you in terms of race? 

sorry, but you had me here. lol, since when do taiwanese people count as Westerners in Asia? is this a new development? 

i mean, this is a serious question, I am of Chinese heritage , and was born and grew up in Germany, so I don't know a lot about China or Asia in general, in terms of current pop culture, coz I am also a 42 yrs old woman. 

( I just found this thread, coz I was looking for dramas in the style of untamed, and Once Upon a Time in Lingjian Mountain was recommended by another watcher on youtube.

the main actress was half french half taiwanese that what that person means i think.

Hiii  I watched Ling Jian more than a year ago  ^_^    Sandrine Pinna as Wang Wu is very refreshing!  Not just because she is Euro Asian  (or Taiwanese-French, whichever you prefer) but also becos Sandrine has never attempted a period costume drama that has so much physical comedy.  It is refreshing to see an unfamiliar face in China's wuxia drama who is also a very experienced and skilled actress ♥ 

And yes, this African actor in the cast was a sweet surprise and added sparks in the drama!!  Not to mention the mahjong playing, RPG references.... there's quite a lot in Ling Jian which made it such a fun and entertaining watch  \o/

Icelina Silver :

i have not watched the drama yet, but quite to be honest, I don't care much about race. when I am watching Chinese dramas, I don't have expectations to see white races in it. unless sometimes maybe with modern dramas from China. 

and when I am watching German, or American oder other European dramas, its the same. I don't really expect to see black, asians or arabian people in it. 

though I used to think, lol, when I was much younger ( I am a 42 yr old Asien women of Chinese /vietnamese heritage, who was born and grew up in Germany) , that for example, a lord of the rings movie with a complete asian cast might be funny and interesting. or a wuxia fantasy Chinese drama with a white cast. 

Draco:

the main actress was half french half taiwanese that what that person means i think.

thanks for pointing out! yeah, i saw the other comments later, after I posted my question here. My mistake , but thanks for your clarification.