Kokuto:

That BtS of Gu Sheng trying to give him a drink of orange juice always makes me laugh.  I mean, the director is yelling directions.  Tan Jian Ci is trying to act, and not drown or wear that orange juice on his shirt.  Poor guy.  How much orange juice did he have to drink for that scene?

The feeding the fish line .... hahahahahaha

I finally managed to find one with English subtitles. 

Megumi-H:

I agreed. I noticed that in a lot of C drama,, whether it’s modern or historical drama, their make up team tends to put too much powder, making the actors/actress extremely white and fake. It feels fake too!

I am finishing the novel, so no wedding. The ending will be where ML retired right?

They went to the marriage office to get registered 

Kikinaki:

Ah no ceremony, I see. That’s symbolic for all  C drama CP, get their marriage cert., it’s official.

HeadInTheClouds:

Makeup is absolutely necessary for filming, but you can definitely do it a way that it looks more natural instead of whatever that is going on with TJC here. He also had a lot of makeup as FFB, but it wasn't as jarring due to the costumes. 

We know that he has nice skin. They really didn't need to slap on the crap load of foundation and powder on his skin. And they can add colour to his lips without the very obvious lipstick. Sometimes it looks corally other times, berry.  It doesn't help that they are adding filter on top as well. The effect is very mannequin skin with no texture. 

The filter actually bothers me more than the make up.  I always want to clean my glasses, because of it.

I do think contemporary drama's don't need as much make up.  Just checked, and it looks like everyone got hit with the white powder and lipstick.

Kikinaki:

Megumi-H:

Ah no ceremony, I see. That’s symbolic for all  C drama CP, get their marriage cert., it’s official.

Ah.  Okay.  Very modern.

Kokuto:

Wait.  WUT?  No wedding night?!?  OMG.  This is Dr. Mo, not Jing.  WTF?

No wedding night!!!!!!

What I'm I to do now, because I was really looking forward to reading all the details

No satisfaction at all

HeadInTheClouds:

You Are My Glory and Fireworks of My Life both showed enough for the audience to reasonably inferred horizontal tango was performed. I don't see why it can't be the same here. Unless the female lead age is some kind of a deterrent. We've seen those gifs in the Xiang Liu's thread, TJC can definitely sells it :-). 

Have the kisses on the lawn chair not happened yet?

No, not yet.  They haven't kissed at all, yet. :(

I'm sure they can sell it.  I just didn't know if the show would go there.  I don't watch many contemporary C drama.

luv2bafangurl:

Yes, I‘ve been screaming everywhere nonstop, pls stop putting so much make up on TJC. He‘s much more handsome without it.

@Kikinaki

sadly we must use our own imagination for this. =/

I have been using my imagination since their first kiss , the beach house, heck...even the massage room

When he asked her , no "told" her to marry him I was like this is it.....it's finally going to happen....

...and then nothing!

Kokuto:

Nooo!  NO wedding, even??!!?!  I'm literally screaming.

What the heck are they thinking?  There's a wedding in almost every costume drama I watch.  WHY isn't there a wedding in this sugar romance fantasy?!?!

Can you imagine how mad I am right now?

All this buildup for what?....he does everything to her except the final step...

And he had the nerve to tell her he can't always hold himself back....

I don't want you to hold anything back Mo .....we all know you're a bad boy so stop that!

I'm pissed!

HeadInTheClouds:

Does Dr. Mo at least get to fourth base?? This is a modern series, you don't need a wedding night to get the party on.

Erm, it might be best that there was no wedding. Lately, it seems like Cdrama's every wedding ends with someone dead, dying or spitting a copious amount of blood. 

Oh he got to all the bases except the final base....rolling my eyes

Yeah you're right about the wedding thing, I still haven't recovered from Tantai jin's wedding......omg I was so sad

Li susu why did you have to do that?

Kokuto:

No, not yet.  They haven't kissed at all, yet. :(

I'm sure they can sell it.  I just didn't know if the show would go there.  I don't watch many contemporary C drama.

What are they waiting for? Relationship development? Pfff, who needs that ;-)? They dangled those scenes literally the minute that the show premiered and is making us wait? What a tease.

You're not missing out on much. While there are some good dramas, the idol/romance dramas are nonsensical. Plotless or illogical/stupid plots and shallow characterization. I'm not looking for anything deep, but surely some decent character and relationship development are not too much to ask? Recently they seem to be packing on the skinship and kissing as if to make up for all those years of dead-fish kissing and to mask the crappy writing, of course. I started so many series only to drop them due to lack of interest.  

HeadInTheClouds:

You Are My Glory and Fireworks of My Life both showed enough for the audience to reasonably inferred horizontal tango was performed. I don't see why it can't be the same here. Unless the female lead age is some kind of a deterrent. We've seen those gifs in the Xiang Liu's thread, TJC can definitely sells it :-). 

Have the kisses on the lawn chair not happened yet?

Not yet. It happened in their vacation, which should be in the Eps this week I believe because in trailer from Ep 14 they are discussing the vacation (disguised as work trip of course LOL). Before that we should get the staircase kiss and glas wall kiss first though. The hotness of the kisses progress really nicely in the novel ;-)

Kikinaki:

I have been using my imagination since their first kiss , the beach house, heck...even the massage room

When he asked her , no "told" her to marry him I was like this is it.....it's finally going to happen....

...and then nothing!

Yes the novel ending was a bit let down for me too. But maybe the writer wants to keep the story sweet, who‘s we‘re kidding that ship sails long time a go.  There is some allusion in the weibo random short tid bits collection the writer wrote about how hot their nights are. MQC is definitely a tease Garrgh…

I finished the novel! Two days of break and still so many hours wait for the next ep. 

I have a different take to the novel. I quite like the ending proposal and I am satisfied how it ends. It’s a pure innocent first love and romance,  that’s simple but sweet. I do envy Gu Sheng who is blessed with goodness in life and found Mo Qing Cheng, such a perfect man that loves her deeply.

Can’t wait to see how this drama will play out. 33 ep., hope they add more loving scenes in their courtship.😍

Megumi-H:

I finished the novel! Two days of break and still so many hours wait for the next ep. 

I have a different take to the novel. I quite like the ending proposal and I am satisfied how it ends. It’s a pure innocent first love and romance,  that’s simple but sweet. I do envy Gu Sheng who is blessed with goodness in life and found Mo Qing Cheng, such a perfect man that loves her deeply.

Can’t wait to see how this drama will play out. 33 ep., hope they add more loving scenes in their courtship.?

I won‘t categorize their intimate scene as innocent though *snickers*