I'm in the mood for a drama where the female and male leads are friends where their relationship later on step up in the game, and no one friendzone the other. 

Like, they start out as friends but feel like there's more to it. Examples like: Weightlifting fairy, Hi My Sweetheart, Shopping King Louie etc

doesn't have to be a popular one, can be from any country, can be as old as possible (who knows, it might be a hidden gem)

thanks

Good Doctor - sibling AND friend zoned at the same time.

What's up Fox? - sibling-zoned

I need romance 3 - sibling-zoned

Fight for my way

Plus nine boys 

9 End 2 Outs

Attention, Love! (it's still on-going, so I don't know if they will really become more than friends, but I think that's the most likely outcome)

In time with you (taiwan) and The time we were not in love (South Korea). They are the same history but different version

I second The Time We Were Not in Love...that's the core of the show.

I also second watching Attention, Love in general.  Its really well done.   

omg thanks a bunch imma check these out!

My favourite drama, Reply 1997. Literally exactly what you're looking for, wrapped in a package of nostalgia and perfection.

Cheese In the trap (her best friends like each other although they are background characters)

Cinderella and four knights

Female Prime Minister

She was Pretty

9 ends 2 outs. I finished it yesterday.

bubblegum I think can fit here, also recommed In time with you (tw drama)... one of my favorites <3

Second Attention, Love! and Fight for My Way.

Also School 2017, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Bromance, and Coffee Prince (the last three are gender benders). Healer might also fit.