I'm looking for the type of feeling I get when watching certain characters and their dramas --  story-lines, attitudes or romantic couplings that make you want to emulate them and/or just be a better person? 

Some vague examples:
The Reply Series ('88 most of all)
Dong Yi (self explanatory)
Love Rain (oddly, Yoona's character really did it for me in that one?)
The Moon That Embraces The Sun (Kim Yoo Jung's Yeon Woo, specifically)
Delightful Girl Chun Hyang (in this one, it's the couple that radiated that feeling -- especially him literally becoming a better human because of her -- rather than them individually)

Essentially, just any characters (or their stories) that have beautiful hearts or selfless dispositions.

Smile, you

The story revolves around 2 families  living together due to unfortunate events. Through out the story, they begin to understand each other  strength and weakness  that made them closer and treat each other as one big family.

Dream , bread , love - he is so determined and looks into life with different prescriptive  

Woman of Dignity.  Woo Ah Jin makes me want to be more graceful when handling sticky situations.

misaeng - I related to the main character, and watching him persevere inspired me to keep trying and to do my best despite obstacles and setbacks.

candy house - a welcome reminder to look around, realize who and what are important, and not to take those people or things for granted.

juhan shuttai - I like the belief in doing random deeds and 'building up' good karma. but more to the point, it made me want to be a nicer person and make positive contributions for no other reason than for the sake of kindness.  it reminded me to be more thoughtful toward others and of my surroundings. 

Doctors, Doctor Stranger and Romantic Doctor.

I want to be as great as them being a doctor. It inspires me a lot to watch medical dramas given that i am also in medical field. 

I second Misaeng, definitely. It makes one be inspired to strive and fight through all struggles and conflicts in a very realistic but inspirtional way. I so love how all their messages just punches you in the gut:

Also 1 liter of tears - makes you want to sctrive as hard to live as you watch how precious every single moment is through the eyes of the MC.

Twenty again - gives an advice that its is never too late to find yourself, fulfil ones dream or make new ones. 

Last match - gives inspiration one fulling ones dream at the dawn of adulthood. Being young and following your dreams is always a choice and and path that can never be a regret

Thank you so much for the suggestions!~ I've seen a few of the titles mentioned (Baking King Kim Tak Gu, Smile, You, and all of the Doctor series) and I second those so merci! I should really get around to finishing Misaeng, it's right up my alley but for some reason I haven't as of yet! I love Kim Hee Sun, but for some reason was never before tempted to check out Woman of Dignity -- now I def will. I've not yet found a Jdrama I really love, so I'll give Juhan Shuttai a try too since I quite like Kentaro Sakaguchi <3

Age Of Youth (both seasons are great)

Because this is my first life (it's on air, but I love the subjects they touched for the moments)

The Miracle - not everyones cup of tea but really brought home some good messages about family and humanity