With the tragic passing of a beloved actor/Gutaeng Hyung Kim Joo Hyuk, I think a lot of us need to watch something beautiful and disconnect from sadness for a while.

What are some dramas that make you feel truly joyful and hopeful? If comedies then may they remain comedies all throughout (with no major major angsty periods, or dramas that are actually melos but pretend to be comedies), if dramas may they have completely satisfying & happy endings... And no death, please. 

Stay strong, everyone, through any bad periods you may be having, we'll get through them all.

Hello, sad news to hear. Uplifting dramas (sorry if my list is super obvious!)

Weightlifting fairy kim bok joo

The greatest love

You're beautiful 

Thank you so much for your rec! It's pretty much fate that I'm starting a rewatch of The Greatest Love <3

Marine:

Thank you so much for your rec! It's pretty much fate that I'm starting a rewatch of The Greatest Love <3

You're welcome. Hope it helps lift your spirit!

I recently watched Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, pretty good and very uplifting (if you like rom com tho). I suddenly remember that there are a few really scary scenes if you don't like it then you should not watch it now but maybe in the future.

And if you like chinese dramas:

The Eternal Love has become my favorite that I watched it 3 times... And I almost never rewatch a series. It should be noted though that I think it was a low-production series, but really good story and it is quite funny. There are a couple of deaths so if you cannot handle then I wouldn't do it.

Love O20 is the all time feel good series I think. Very charming leads.

I love uplifting dramas. They are my go to dramas when I feel stressed out ????. here's my list:

1. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

2. Weightlifting Fairy

3. Gogh, The Starry Night

4. My only love song (more on time travel, sageuk)

5. Chicago Typewriter

6. Shopping King Louie

I found Suspicious partner really uplifting and cute but it is at the same time law/investigation drama so some deaths and mean people happen. 

@wildheart23 recommended Chicago Typewriter and while it is really high quality drama with fun/heartwarming friendship i wouldnt call it uplifting and happy. On the contrary - i felt that it had quite gloomy atmosphere sometimes and they(ir past selves) literally all die pretty heartbreaking deaths omg.

Marine:

With the tragic passing of a beloved actor/Gutaeng Hyung Kim Joo Hyuk, I think a lot of us need to watch something beautiful and disconnect from sadness for a while.

What are some dramas that make you feel truly joyful and hopeful? If comedies then may they remain comedies all throughout (with no major major angsty periods, or dramas that are actually melos but pretend to be comedies), if dramas may they have completely satisfying & happy endings... And no death, please. 

Stay strong, everyone, through any bad periods you may be having, we'll get through them all.

just you taiwan drama

Thank you for your recs!!! I think I'm going to check out Sus Partner & My Only Love Song (both of which I've watched like one or two episodes of but just ended up dropping/forgetting?) The Eternal Love also intrigues me, idt I've heard of it before until now??