Bit of a left-field request, but I have a hankering to watch a drama where the male lead covers up for the female lead when she does something wrong/is accused of doing something wrong. Bonus points if he has serious doubts, but backs her up anyway. It can also be the other way around--girl covers up for the guy. 

The example this request stems from would be in Ep 41 of Empress Ki, where the emperor is already having doubts about Lady Ki and she gets caught red-handed extorting a bunch of gold, but his gut reaction is to hide the gold and cover the incident up. Another example is in The Legend of Lu Zhen where Lu Zhen is in trouble because of a murder and the male lead straight up forges an identity for her to get her out of it.  An example of the reverse would be in I Hear Your Voice, the police are looking for him, and the female lead tells him to hide first. So things like that. The first example lasted all of 15 seconds in that 51-episode drama, but it's one of the scenes I always remember after. 

As to why I would even request something this weird, it's sort of like paying homage to that quote "a true friend will help you bury the body." It shows a certain level of trust/commitment. It's also the male lead being protective in a way that doesn't make the female lead a damsel-in-distress (imho). And finally, it kind of requires the female not to be too much of the typical goody two-shoes, candy type.  

If you're looking for a damsel in distress drama Hwarang is almost exactly that. There is a scene in latter episodes where someone kind of covers for her- Scratch that ~ the more I recall plot details it seems like male characters mistakes got covered up but not the FL -- but for the most part she's just being rescued (from danger and her stupidity/recklessness) warning: some found the Female MC annoying. (majority of us watched Hwarang for the male cast lol & the awesome bromance)

My Lucky star - the second female lead accuses her of stealing a ring which is found in he rbag but the male lead makes up an excuse for her

I haven't see this, but pls check out this oldie.

https://mydramalist.com/1977-loveholic

The Innocent Man  (세상 어디에도 없는 차칸남자) starts off with this premise. I haven't finished watching yet, so I can't attest to how far the themes carries on through out the drama, but the show is definitely worth a watch.

Also, 'Marriage, Not Dating' and 'Lie to Me' have the above pretense in their stories as well, but also still have 'damsel in distress' moments too so not sure how you'd feel about them.

Thanks to everyone for their recs!

Anajwo--I was actually looking for something was NOT damsel-in-distress. As for Hwarang, I started it but it wasn't my cup of tea, so I dropped it. Thank you anyway! 

LiteD--Yeah, Innocent Man has it, but he doesn't do it for the female lead :P. As for Marriage, not Dating, seen and loved it, but I totally forgot that it would fit the criteria too, thanks!

A Love So Beautiful - the FL loses something important that she is responsible for, and the ML finds it and pretends she left it with him

Sungkyunkwan Scandal - the ML sees the FL in a compromising situation and jumps to a conclusion about it, but still defends her when she's accused about it + in danger later

Healer - the ML is framed for murder and the FL sees him in a very compromising situation (holding the victim with blood on his hands and a bloody pipe near by) before he flees the scene; she doesn't tell the police that she saw him there and tells herself that there must have been someone else there (the real murderer), she just didn't see them

W Two Worlds - ML helps the FL avoid the police who suspect her of being an accomplice to his attempted murder

AH:

A Love So Beautiful - the FL loses something important that she is responsible for, and the ML finds it and pretends she left it with him

Sungkyunkwan Scandal - the ML sees the FL in a compromising situation and jumps to a conclusion about it, but still defends her when she's accused about it + in danger later

Healer - the ML is framed for murder and the FL sees him in a very compromising situation (holding the victim with blood on his hands and a bloody pipe near by) before he flees the scene; she doesn't tell the police that she saw him there and tells herself that there must have been someone else there (the real murderer), she just didn't see them

W Two Worlds - ML helps the FL avoid the police who suspect her of being an accomplice to his attempted murder

Thanks! I've been putting Healer off forever because I feel like I'll get bad withdrawal effects, but this makes me want to watch it so much lol