Hi,

I'm new to Asian dramas so I'm not really sure what I should watch. I've seen a few so far and I really liked Underwear (2015) and Channel wa Sonomama!! (2019) so I'm looking for series like these, with female leads and preferably no romance, but I don't mind a little. And I would also rather watch Japanese shows but Korean is also fine. Thanks in advance!:D

Welcome to the Asian drama world. Hope you find many good dramas to watch. Some Japanese dramas that I highly recommend, with female leads and no romance and of various genre:

• Pan to Soup to Neko Biyori: slice of life about a woman who started a bread cafe (bistro? I'm not sure what it's called) after her mother's death
  • Tokyo Joshi Zukan: tells a story of a woman's journey in life as she moved from district to district in Tokyo
  • Toho Nanahun: about a jobless thirty-something woman with social anxiety who tried living alone for the first time in her life
  • Mondai no Aru Restaurant: a group of women started a restaurant together after facing discrimination
  • Princess Maison: a woman wants to buy her own house, even when it looks like it might be impossible
  • Toumei na Yurikago: about an eighteen-year old nurse apprentice and her experience working in an OB-GYN clinic
  • Tokusatsu Gagaga: a regular office lady tries to hide the fact that she's a tokusatsu fanatic
  • The Queen's Classroom: a mysterious homeroom teacher controls her fourth grade class in seemingly sadistic ways, but is she really evil?
  • Kuroi 10-nin no Onna: a group of women decided to take revenge on the man who two-timed (more like ten-timed) them
  • Dakara Koya: a frustrated housewife went on a road trip and ended up in Nagasaki
  • Ie Uru Onna: about a super competent real estate agent, the humor is pretty slapsticky--even crazier than Channel wa Sonomama--but the female lead's method in selling houses to her various clients is very impressive
  • Yume wo Ataeru: about a famous celebrity, and how she went from being a fresh-faced child model beloved by everyone to almost on a brink of collapse, reputation-wise, due to a sex-tape scandal

Thanks a lot, these all sound really good!:D

• Unnatural
  • Cold case
  • Signal
  • Yabai tsuma