basically... i'm seeking something to love even half as much as Dorokei

anything with a rookie being partnered up with a veteran is generally what i'm looking for here! (would prefer there to be no family relation involved.) a mentor/protege angle is always a plus but not a requirement. doesn't necessarily have to be a detective/crime show if by some chance there are other genre examples out there. 

Keiji Yugami is another i've already seen; that's a show i liked but didn't love, but it's definitely the sort of thing i'm after. i also recently adored Subete Ga F Ni Naru - anything similar to that one would be more than welcome. bless you in advance if you help me with this :')

Haven't seen any of the drama you've mentioned but Maybe check out:

• Misaeng / Incomplete Life - not a partnership, more like a 3 man team. One is a wide eyed rookie, 2nd member is a average looking 30s guys and the last is middle aged tough middle aged man
  • Wake Up 2
  • Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 
  • Legal High

thank you! i just tried misaeng but unfortunately my secondhand embarrassment re: the main character was too strong for me to get through the first episode ^^; but those others seem like interesting possibilities as well, will definitely give them a shot

Zero gakari - detective comedy. Veteran detective + eccentric young elite.

Keiji Zero - detective. Veteran with amnesia + rookie who has idolized him (before memory loss) for years.

Chiisana Kyojin - detective. Not a consistent partnership, but great chemistry.

Legal High - legal comedy gold. Czakhareina has already recommended this one.

Gin to Kin - gambling. Old fixer raises a successor. 

@mocci (puts a hand on my heart) oh you really understand me.... thank you for these, keiji zero & chiisana kyojin in particular sound Excellent

• Bitter Blood
  • Trace
  • Galileo
  • Kagi no kakatta heya
  • Suits
  • Cinderella formula
  • Aogeba Toutoshi
  • Rookies
  • Mad Dog

@fanitha thanks so much! i've encountered galileo a bunch of times while browsing and been like "hm maybe" but now that it's been rec'd i'll have to actually give it a shot. and i really used to like the american version of suits so i'm not sure how i haven't tried the k version yet. will have to get on that.

& i guess i should've specified that i'm looking for more of a. professional(ish) relationship between adults type of thing? inspirational highschool teacher shows like aogeba & rookies aren't quite what i'm after but i am actually a huge rookies fan so. thumbs up just for good taste

baticeer:

@fanitha thanks so much! i've encountered galileo a bunch of times while browsing and been like "hm maybe" but now that it's been rec'd i'll have to actually give it a shot. and i really used to like the american version of suits so i'm not sure how i haven't tried the k version yet. will have to get on that.

& i guess i should've specified that i'm looking for more of a. professional(ish) relationship between adults type of thing? inspirational highschool teacher shows like aogeba & rookies aren't quite what i'm after but i am actually a huge rookies fan so. thumbs up just for good taste

For Galileo I recommend season 1, season 2 lost a little bit its charm. For suits I was thinking about the J version since that's the one I saw and really liked. Haven't seen the K version yet but I heard good things about it. 

Also forgot to mention Mr. Brain.

tbh i hadn't even known there was a j version of suits but now that i've tried it i'm loving it a lot. the vibes are so good... the k version didn't really work for me as per usual with k-dramas but it's been interesting looking at the differences in adaptation at least