I'm struggling with entering C-drama world right now, so I'd be very grateful if you can help a newbie like me. What I'm looking for is a Chinese drama with a FL who is written well, have her own life goals and an interesting storyline. It would be great if most of the drama's plot was exactly about her or other women.
I'm open for both contemporary and historical dramas, but the only things I don't want to see in historical ones are any kinds of harem and concubines' stories.
So, thanks in advance!

Zhao Jian in Young Blood (not MC tho)

Legend of Fuyao 

...these two r the only ones I can think of now...  when more examples comes to my mind I will quote

Ode to Joy (2 seasons) - a group of female friends, going through things like family drama, work, romance, struggle with money etc. All of them have life goals and all of them are interesting! There are five of them so you will probably have some favourites among them. There are men in their lives, but the plot is about the women.

Hope All Is Well With Us (currently watching, almost completed) - A housewife suffers from depression and is unhappy in her relationship. She decides to get a divorce, because she feels that she needs to find her own way in life. The drama follows both her storyline and her ex husband's (and also another young woman). A short summary like this might make it sound like a rather gloomy drama, but although it tackles some serious issues (and not all of them handled well), it's really a heartwarming drama about people who find new beginnings and new joy in life. (I think c-dramas do well in this genre.)

Our Glamorous Time - light romance/business, with a few action scenes. FL is a young designer. Meets the heir to a clothes company, and together they find their way to their dreams. (There are several supporting characters, though, and sometimes the drama follows their point of view.)

KingARMY:

Zhao Jian in Young Blood (not MC tho)

Legend of Fuyao 

...these two r the only ones I can think of now...  when more examples comes to my mind I will quote

Thank you! I'm having Fuyao in my to-watch list for half of a year, so i guess it's time to give it a try xD

And thank you, Lily_B! Never heard about any of the dramas you listed, except for Ode to joy, so I'll check them.

Under the Power - It was good but there are some annoyingly dumb male support characters.  Just skip all their scenes and you should be good.  there's a good article on this drama already so I won't say anymore https://mydramalist.com/article/a-break-from-tragic-endings-watching-under-the-power-011014491 

Eagles and Youngster - set in the 1980s (so not modern and not historical) all the female characters are badass and the plot is interesting with many twists.  The FL is a hunter and there's another female character who's like a female Indiana Jones.  Give it a try.

• Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
  • Find Yourself
  • Moonshine and Valentine
  • Divorce Lawyers
  • The Princess Wei Young
  • The Rise of Phoenixes

I find a trend that anything with Yang Mi and Victoria Song (my 2 fav chinese actresses btw) will have them playing strong characters.

casualhero:

Under the Power - It was good but there are some annoyingly dumb male support characters.  Just skip all their scenes and you should be good.  there's a good article on this drama already so I won't say anymore https://mydramalist.com/article/a-break-from-tragic-endings-watching-under-the-power-011014491 

Eagles and Youngster - set in the 1980s (so not modern and not historical) all the female characters are badass and the plot is interesting with many twists.  The FL is a hunter and there's another female character who's like a female Indiana Jones.  Give it a try.

Thanks! Eagles and Youngster looks especially interesting.

ShotaSidePart:
  • Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
  • Find Yourself
  • Moonshine and Valentine
  • Divorce Lawyers
  • The Princess Wei Young
  • The Rise of Phoenixes

I find a trend that anything with Yang Mi and Victoria Song (my 2 fav chinese actresses btw) will have them playing strong characters.

Wow thank you for so many recs! Will check them all.

• Story of Minglan
  • Nothing gold can Stay
  • Well Intended Love
  • Love O2O
  • Across the ocean to see you
  •  Surgeons
 Czakhareina:
  • Story of Minglan
  • Nothing gold can Stay
  • Well Intended Love
  • Love O2O
  • Across the ocean to see you