I love dramas that are able to leave an everlasting mark on the watcher and possibly even influence in their way of thinking.

I'm looking for drama where it has a meaningful story or one that whenever you looked back on, you'd go like 'damn that was one hell of an unforgettable rollercoaster'. 

(Note: I just finished Mr Sunshine and damn am I in utter awe at how hauntingly beautiful the entire series was. So now I am in search of something similar...)

Also, maybe one that had a moral to the story? i.e Extracurricular

If you could suggest something, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. 

Well, I have had self esteem issues ever since I can remember, to the point of feeling worthless. The most memorable dramas for me have always been dramas where the main lead actress isn’t considered ‘attractive’ or finds its difficult to fit in with her peers and the person she loves doesn’t love her back, even if he does end up in the end. 

My favourite and most impactful dramas have to be She was pretty (2015) and She is beautiful (2018).

I am watching Oh My Baby which is believe is still airing or has just finished / about to finish and it’s also quite impactful because it covers a really serious issue, but also has light hearted, funny tones. Definitely recommend if you haven’t seen it already.

aftertherain:

Well, I have had self esteem issues ever since I can remember, to the point of feeling worthless. The most memorable dramas for me have always been dramas where the main lead actress isn’t considered ‘attractive’ or finds its difficult to fit in with her peers and the person she loves doesn’t love her back, even if he does end up in the end. 

My favourite and most impactful dramas have to be She was pretty (2015) and She is beautiful (2018).

I am watching Oh My Baby which is believe is still airing or has just finished / about to finish and it’s also quite impactful because it covers a really serious issue, but also has light hearted, funny tones. Definitely recommend if you haven’t seen it already.

I also have self esteem issues just like you, and surprisingly I also find dramas where female lead isn't that famous among her peers, looks moderate, considers herself low and the one she loves doesn't love her back.

The dramas I loved in this category-

She was pretty of course!

Another Miss Oh 

Oh My Ghost 

Secret life of my secretary (Can never ever forget this one!)

Ugly Alert 

Warm and Cozy 

My name is Kim Sam Soon 

Healer 

Marriage, not dating (not really but this is one of my memorable dramas)

Now the dramas that made a strong huge impact as a whole that gives strong morals too-

In Crime Thrillers-

Signal (This drama made me realize how blissful it is to live in present and to not have to live in your past)

Life on Mars (This drama made me emotional, because suddenly I also wanted to remember things about my childhood, I also wanted to go back in time and change some things.)

Missing Noir M (This drama made a huge impact on me the way it showed different sides of human ruthelessness.)

Children of lesser God (those children murder gave me a good lesson that never judge the book by its cover)

Romance-

The time we were not in love (idk this drama was so sweet and yet it gave me the moral of importance of saying some things rather than waiting and delaying it long and long. In the end, it'll only end up hurting you.)

Secret Life of my secretary (With low self esteem, I relate to the female lead so much, everything she did and earned in this drama, it made me feel happy for her and confident for myself.)

Another Miss Oh (Besides that hot memorable wall kiss, the personality of a female I loved so much, I still remember her from time to time.)

Dear my friends (Importance of having friends and life, this drama taught me the worth of both of them in such a beautiful way.)

Prison Playbook (The importance of having communication and human relations whenever you think your life is gonna end, and unexpected friends in your life, this drama made me understand everything that I never thought I need to understand to live my life. A masterpiece for me.)

Miss Granny (It's a movie, made me realize how lucky I'm to be still young and youthful.)

Our times (This movie made me feel so so poignant, it was a beautiful classic masterpiece for me though it was made in 2015).

There are many more but I feel like everyone have certain dramas that they can relate to much better than you can, and for them, those dramas become more impactful in their lives.

If you think carefully and properly, maybe you'll also get to see a drama which you didn't ever think you'd need to watch it so much unless you watch it yourself. 

Some of these are dramas I recommend often, some of them are dramas I’m not sure I’ve ever recommended. 

Phoenix & Sandglass:  So, while both of these are distinctly moving dramas in totally separate ways, they both require a particular mood in order to watch. Both are somewhat — usually very —  grim in tone and quite a bit heavy: the former is a very tropey but sadly beautiful romance, the latter is just an utter epic that launched some of the most iconic careers in Korean entertainment.

Dong Yi & Jewel in the Palace: These two are listed alongside each other as quite long-spanning sageuk that teach irreplaceable life lessons. Both are of tremendous quality and I sincerely recommend watching at least one of them once. 

The Reply series, Reply 1997 in particular: My favorite ever series that is filled to the brim with wisdoms of the human experience masked as light-hearted, comedic fare. The more you rewatch, the more you find, and don’t be fooled by the “who’s the husband” set-up: there’s so much more to it than simply that. 

The Story of Minglan: The only Chinese drama addition to this list is the only one out of them all that I have had the pleasure to watch thus far that has altered the way I view the world. The characters are products of their time but the lessons their actions instill are timeless. 

Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang & Who Are You? (2008): I’m not entirely sure why I had this sort of life impacting experience with these two, but it’s a definite that they helped define me in some small way. Both deal with the meanings of love and the challenges that love comes upon, while the latter is also heavily existent around death and life. 

"One Spring Night" is one of my all-time favourite dramas (if not THE all-time favourite) and that's mainly because it was so impactful to me. When I watched the first episode, I immediately noticed how different the direction was to other dramas and tbhat first I thought it was gonna be boring. But I ended up loving the main couple more than any other before and I also appreciated the very realistic plot with so many valuable lessons to take from it. Plus, Jung Hae In became one of my favourite actors after this!

"My Mister" - best drama ever!