Hello, when I know have begun my preparing selfstudies for my Chinese University course, I want to know what drama would be good to start with. The language has to be Mandarin Chinese and I have learned that means either Taiwan or Chinese drama. Of dramas I have completed so far I have given "school 2013" 8, "Good Doctor" 10 and "Missing you" 9. The type of drama I prefer then is romance with tragedy/bad memories early at the beginning and then persons try to find their way in the world after that tragedy/special event. Thank you in advance
I think you should start with Autumn's concerto This is a good romance with sad memories .
Then there are also
-Mars this drama is a masterpiece very very touching .
-Black & white , but it is mainly an action drama not really romantic :( .
-Love around : romantic drama and it is really cool to relax .
-My lucky star : clearly my favorite Twdrama , don't really know why but it captivated me ^^

For Chinese drama there are Vigilantes in mask and Lan Ling Wang that are very good and we learn a lot about the past of this country ^^
I watched for a hour on Autumn Concertto, but all those running texts on the screen and somewhat bad quality disturbed me quite much. It seems like I prefer drama with good video quality. Is there any new drama that I would like?
Definitely Autumn's Concerto, it's a great drama and very bittersweet.
Maybe try
1.In Time With Love
2.Silence
3.Brown Sugar Macchiato
4.Love keeps going
5.The Fierce Wife
6.Romantic Princess
qetadg wrote: I watched for a hour on Autumn Concertto, but all those running texts on the screen and somewhat bad quality disturbed me quite much. It seems like I prefer drama with good video quality. Is there any new drama that I would like?

You can try Just You then it's a 2013 drama .
MUST WATCH: In Time With You (ideal type guy) Summer's Desire (very intense) The Queen of SOP (eye candy...) Love Keeps Going (cute) Skip Beat (total eye candy of sj, and if u like anime, kpop) I didn't include any historical, cuz it might be difficult for u to understand. Message me if you want list of historical dramas or chinese movies :)
Romance in the Rain! It's quite old but it's definitely a must watch! Also watch Autumn's Concerto if you have the chance. (:
These are some great chinese dramas!

Taiwan

Autumn's Concerto
The Fierce Wife
Prince Turns To Frog

China

Startling By Each Step
The Young Warriors

I also love these airing dramas: In a Good Way, Deja Vu and The Pursuit of Happiness.
qetadg wrote: I watched for a hour on Autumn Concertto, but all those running texts on the screen and somewhat bad quality disturbed me quite much. It seems like I prefer drama with good video quality. Is there any new drama that I would like?

I think these have good quality:

The Fierce Wife
Startling By Each Step

Otherwise you can start one of the airing dramas, both video and subtitles have great quality:

In a Good Way
Deja Vu
The Pursuit of Happiness

Right now I like In a Good Way the best of the new dramas, but the other two are great too!