Hello everyone! And thank you in advance for any recommendations given. ^^ I usually watch "feel good" dramas. Easy romantic comedies with happy endings. Or life lesson ones like 'Gokusen', 'Great Teacher Onizuka' (1998), 'HAMMER SESSION', and 'Misaki Number One!!'. Emotional angst overload has never really been my cup of tea. However, I recently re-watched 'MARS' and have almost finished 'Can You Hear My Heart'. It has put me on a "romantic drama with drama" kick. I loved MARS, the drama hit me just right, and I've watched it four times already. There were moments when I've felt 'Can You Hear My Heart' went a bit ridiculous in the drama with the revenge plots, but that's neither here nor there. As I'm not that knowledgeable about these sorts of dramas, I was hoping to get some suggestions on where to venture next. My only requirement: a "beyond just implied" happy ending for the two leads is a MUST. I don't mind going on an emotional ride through the drama, but I want to leave it with a smile or happy tears if possible.
Padam Padam (Kdrama)
That Winter, The Wind Blows (Kdrama)
Meteor Garden (Taiwanese drama- It has Vic Zhou and Barbie Hsu from MARS in it)
Sealed With a Kiss (Chinese drama- Thickest, angstiest plot I have seen in a while. Not sure about the ending, but there is a sequel, so I think it most likely ends well enough, but without any resolution. I'm about 3/4 done with it. lol)
You want roller coaster emotional drama, try New Tales Gisaeng http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/283/new-tales-of-gisaeng :D
The best ending that would brought you into happy tears is Princess Man :)
MARS is my favorite drama, I've also watched it over 5 times! Secret Love Innocent Man Fated to Love You (another brilliant TW drama) Shining Inheritance Autumn's Concerto