Hi guys. I'm looking for some historical dramas with a lot of romance in them or, at least a good romance in it.
I will recommend you some from the list of historical/period dramas i have seen. 1. Ballad of Seo Dong 2. The Princess' man 3. Empress Ki ( currently airing) 4.The Moon that Embraces the Sun Gu Family Book is more period than historical, if you haven't seen it you can give it a try. I like the romance.
Thanks for the recommendations! I've already watched The princess man and I really liked it but for some reasons, I never finished it. I should probably watch it again because I really liked it but I wouldn't know what episodes I haven't seen. I also tried Gu Family book and I loved the first two episodes but couldn't get into it after those episodes. Maybe I wasn't in the mood and I should give it another chance. Empress Ki has caught my attention for a while and I think that it's the next drama I'll start! And I never heard about Ballad of Seo Dong! Thanks for recommending it. I always like hearing about new dramas!
I second Empress Ki and The Moon that Embraces the Sun (personally I didn't like Moon/Sun that much, but most people loved it^^) If you don't mind cross-dressing, Sungkyunkwan Scandal is really good and I enjoyed last year's Jang Ok Jung too!
I'm watching Empress Ki right now and it's really good! Definitely recommend it like most of the other dramalisters ^^ and another I'd like to recommend is Yi San! I watched it a few years ago and thought it was an amazing drama! It is a bit long but worth it in the end^^
I'm mostly only watching historical dramas so I can recommend: Dong Yi Hwang Jin Yi Jewel in the Palace Queen Seon Duk And currently airing: Empress Ki and King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang :)
I also watch historical drama most of the time, and my favorite of all time is Dong Yi (even though it's not people's favorite usually)! Queen Seon Deok was also amazing, but both are really long. Oh and I'm watching Prince of Lan Ling right now, it's my first chinese drama and i really like it! It's a good change from korean historical dramas ;)
Faith and Gu Family Book, soooo good! I really recommend these two!! ^^
the moon that embraces the sun (one of the best romance dramas i ever seen)
Give Chuno a try :)
You should watch King's Daughter, Su Baek Hyang.
I'm watching it right now and it's great!

Historical dramas that I like:

Tamra, The Island
The Princess' Man
Startling By Each Step
Gumiho: Tale of the Fox's Child
(there's almost no romance though, but it's awesome!)
Hong Gil Dong
Iljimae