I like it when the male counterpart to the female or male lead (often first introduced to) has a secret crush on them that started way before ep 1. When I say "male counterpart" I mean that he is one half of the OTP and not a 2nd male lead. I want to see the type that gets jealous/possessive when he sees his crush gets close to someone. I prefer when the jealousy isn't in your face but smart like in Why R U? and/or masked in 2gether: The Series. But I'm still open to any kind of jealousy really :P If any of you guys watched the below dramas you can just recommend me dramas with a similar character to them.

I'm open to Thai, Chinese, and Korean dramas, but prefer Thai BLs and Chinese dramas atm. 

Some Examples:

• 2gether: The Series (his jealousy was PERFECTION)
  • It's Okay to Not Be Okay
  • Why R U? (LOVEDDDD IT)
  • Radio Romance
  • You Are My Hero (2021) C Drama (Male Lead for the FL. He had a big crush on her years ago and never be interested in someone else since... When they met again, he recognized her but the FL didn't get who he is he. He slowly tries to approach her and take a part in her life. He can't hide his jealousy but he will never impose his needs or desires on her) My favorite drama ever, I don't have any words to explain it but 100% what you're looking for, highly recommended :)
  • Where Your Eyes Linger (2020) Korean BL (I think both of them crush on each other but don't admit it at first.)
  • 2 Moons (2017) Thai BL (The ML don't recognize the other as his first crush in school, but when he realizes it... good jealousy! The other man has always liked the ML and he still remembers him the first time they met again)
  • Go Ahead (2020) C Drama (Male Lead had always been crushing on the FL since their childhood, however, because of their respective family's situation he can't tell her and just try to handle it. (so jealousy, possessiveness but not assumed :D) When he comes back years later, he tries to make her fall in love with him. She wasn't expecting at all he was crushing on her for decades :D). Super good drama, I highly recommend you
  • Hua Jai Sila (2019) Thai Drama (ML loves the FL, there is no doubt about it however it's a story about revenge so... you may be crazy about his behavior! But, he really likes her but can't show her due to what he is trying to do. He is still really possessive and jealous! I also love this drama
  • Love Better Than Immortality (2019) C Drama (Wuxia) (I think he falls in love pretty soon in the drama but never shows he is crushing on her because of their current situation. He is always teasing her and drive her crazy but he can't handle it when she gets close with another guy. He becomes really jealous and possessive. He is a little bit describe as an anti-hero. I loooove this one. The chemistry is on point
  • My ID Is Gangnam Beauty (2018) K Drama (ML and FL were in the same school. FL did plastic surgery because she thought she was "ugly", she didn't like herself at all. The ML was crushing on her even before her surgery but never talked to her. When they meet again at high school, he will be at her side and helps her to accept herself and fight the rumors about her! He really gets jealous and overprotective when it comes to her. He keeps his secret crush a long time in the show and the FL don't realize it at all. Loved it!
  • My Little Happiness (2021) C Drama (ML has a crush on the FL since their childhood and always been waiting for her to come back. He realizes she is "his girl" in the second or third episodes in the series. He soon chases her and try to make her fall in love with him. Super cute and sweet!
  • Until We Meet Again (2019) Thai BL (This is not even a crush, it's fate. They are literally meant to be with each other, so when they first met they fall in love instantly. We can say they crush on each other but it isn't secret at all lol. This is really intense. We can talk about a crush for the side couple (WinTeam), their series will be airing this summer!
  • We Best Love: No. 1 For You (2021) Taiwanese BL (ML has a secret crush on the other guy although he knows that he likes his best friend. He tries to help him to get over his "broken heart", and step by step he will realize that the ML is crushing on him and... eventually he will love him back.  So sweet I can't, really 
  • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016) K Drama (Two friends, and one day the ML will fall for the FL. It will take a little bit of time until he confesses to her. He will get jealous, possessive etc... Friends to lovers trope. Super funny and cute. I'm in love with this couple, loved the drama!
  • Love and Redemption (2020) C Drama (Xianxia) (When I say he has the biggest crush I've ever seen, this isn't a joke. He is truly and deeply in love with her but tries to hide it because of the FL's situation.) Best Historical Drama and in my Top 3! Even if I say I'm crazy about this show it will not be enough... Don't be afraid of the number of episodes or about the Historical genre, the romance is unbelievable like this is a reference for me... Same for Love's Better Than Immortality!

I hope my recs will help you! If you know other dramas that you didn't mention above with that trope, you can tell me. I am also craving for "MLs with a secret crush":D

in addition:

• In Time With You - and all its versions
  • Twenty Again
  • Reply 1997
  • Love is Sweet
  • Well Intended Love
  • Game Sanaeha
  • Love Now
  • Someday or One Day
  • Romance is a Bonus Book
  • Drawing, Spring
  • Operation Daisuken - and all the other versions
  • Goho's Starry Night

ONGOING:

• Fish Upon the Sky (every friday on GMMTV yt)
  • Lovely Writer (every Thursday on wetv.com)

FINISHED: 

• Theory of Love (This will make you cry.. OFFGUN!!!)
  • Tonhon Chonlatee (This is a story about childhood friends that became lovers <3)
  • We Best Love: No. 1 For You (this has a season 2 and this is Taiwanese)

PS: All of these series are BL Series HEHEHHE and I love them all but you should definitely watch the ongoing series first :))) 

LoveYouDramaWorld:
You Are My Hero (2021) C Drama (Male Lead for the FL. He had a big crush on her years ago and never be interested in someone else since... When they met again, he recognized her but the FL didn't get who he is he. He slowly tries to approach her and take a part in her life. He can't hide his jealousy but he will never impose his needs or desires on her) My favorite drama ever, I don't have any words to explain it but 100% what you're looking for, highly recommended :)
Where Your Eyes Linger (2020) Korean BL (I think both of them crush on each other but don't admit it at first.)
2 Moons (2017) Thai BL (The ML don't recognize the other as his first crush in school, but when he realizes it... good jealousy! The other man has always liked the ML and he still remembers him the first time they met again)
Go Ahead (2020) C Drama (Male Lead had always been crushing on the FL since their childhood, however, because of their respective family's situation he can't tell her and just try to handle it. (so jealousy, possessiveness but not assumed :D) When he comes back years later, he tries to make her fall in love with him. She wasn't expecting at all he was crushing on her for decades :D). Super good drama, I highly recommend you
Hua Jai Sila (2019) Thai Drama (ML loves the FL, there is no doubt about it however it's a story about revenge so... you may be crazy about his behavior! But, he really likes her but can't show her due to what he is trying to do. He is still really possessive and jealous! I also love this drama

You Are My Hero sounds exactly like what I'm looking for! When I was browsing through dramas this would pop up but I never tried it cos the blurb didn't hint at any secret crushes but sorta a hate to love kinda trope. But now that you say he actually had a crush on her long before I'll definitely watch it :P

I was actually pending wether to watch Where Your Eyes Linger but now that you recommended it I'll definitely give it a go!

When you say Male Lead do you mean Phana and the Other Man Wayo? I started 2 Moons a while ago but dropped it after a few eps cos it seemed like Wayo was the one with the secret crush and to Phana he was a stranger but was warming up to him... but your'e saying Phana actually had a crush on Wayo from long before but just didn't recognize him? If so then damnnnnn I need to rewatch that 0.0 Like I'm shook, I'm genuinely surprised by the new info.

Go Ahead is REALLY good, I've watched it. It really is a masterpiece. 

Hua Jai Sila I dropped because it wasn't my type of drama but LOVED the chemistry between the two leads! And also Sila... *swoons*

LoveYouDramaWorld:
Love Better Than Immortality (2019) C Drama (Wuxia) (I think he falls in love pretty soon in the drama but never shows he is crushing on her because of their current situation. He is always teasing her and drive her crazy but he can't handle it when she gets close with another guy. He becomes really jealous and possessive. He is a little bit describe as an anti-hero. I loooove this one. The chemistry is on point
My ID Is Gangnam Beauty (2018) K Drama (ML and FL were in the same school. FL did plastic surgery because she thought she was "ugly", she didn't like herself at all. The ML was crushing on her even before her surgery but never talked to her. When they meet again at high school, he will be at her side and helps her to accept herself and fight the rumors about her! He really gets jealous and overprotective when it comes to her. He keeps his secret crush a long time in the show and the FL don't realize it at all. Loved it!
My Little Happiness (2021) C Drama (ML has a crush on the FL since their childhood and always been waiting for her to come back. He realizes she is "his girl" in the second or third episodes in the series. He soon chases her and try to make her fall in love with him. Super cute and sweet!
Until We Meet Again (2019) Thai BL (This is not even a crush, it's fate. They are literally meant to be with each other, so when they first met they fall in love instantly. We can say they crush on each other but it isn't secret at all lol. This is really intense. We can talk about a crush for the side couple (WinTeam), their series will be airing this summer!

Love Better Than Immortality is cute, didn't finish it but might pick it up one day again. They do have one of the best chemistries hands down.

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty I've watched and it's one of my favourite kdramas ever.

My Little Happiness, I loved the beginning but couldn't go on when they started being all mushy haha, I can't stand cheesy/mushy scenes but I still very much like the drama, also have the OST saved to my playlist.

Same goes for Until We Meet Again, loved the beginning but then it got too lovey-dovey for me. I LOVE WinTeam! I'm really excited for their full story, it was too rushed in UWMA. 

LoveYouDramaWorld:
We Best Love: No. 1 For You (2021) Taiwanese BL (ML has a secret crush on the other guy although he knows that he likes his best friend. He tries to help him to get over his "broken heart", and step by step he will realize that the ML is crushing on him and... eventually he will love him back.  So sweet I can't, really
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016) K Drama (Two friends, and one day the ML will fall for the FL. It will take a little bit of time until he confesses to her. He will get jealous, possessive etc... Friends to lovers trope. Super funny and cute. I'm in love with this couple, loved the drama!
Love and Redemption (2020) C Drama (Xianxia) (When I say he has the biggest crush I've ever seen, this isn't a joke. He is truly and deeply in love with her but tries to hide it because of the FL's situation.) Best Historical Drama and in my Top 3! Even if I say I'm crazy about this show it will not be enough... Don't be afraid of the number of episodes or about the Historical genre, the romance is unbelievable like this is a reference for me... Same for Love's Better Than Immortality!
I hope my recs will help you! If you know other dramas that you didn't mention above with that trope, you can tell me. I am also craving for "MLs with a secret crush":D

I started We Best Love 2 a while ago and I've watched 2 eps so far and waiting for the rest to come out so I can binge watch. Not the most ideal order but I'll watch the first one after I finish the second lol. 

WFKBJ I've watched, it was light and fun.

Aaaahh Love and Redemption... please don't kill me but I've tried and dropped it numerous times and I gave it so many chances because it was so popular so I wanted to see why but I just couldn't get into it >< By no means cos it's historical, I LOVE historical cdramas but this just wasn't my kinda drama.

Thank you so much for the recs! Love the huge and descriptive list! And OMG you like the trope too?High five! 

It's funny how now I'm recommending but there's this Thai BL that's currently airing called Fish Upon The Sky and is exactly what I'm looking for right now, it has the MLs with a secret crush trope! Only the first ep is out but the Male Counterpart is already getting jealous but you would have to study his face for it :P It is reallyyyyyy good, I highly recommend it to you! In  A Girl Like Me the Male Lead develops a crush/liking on her VERY early on but hides it/doesn't admit it to her and so he has to make excuses in a round about way to stop the Female Lead from getting married. He gets jealous very often in the drama and I lived for that >.< Tonhon Chonlatee is a Thai BL and the other male has had a secret crush on him from childhood but doesn't admit it. The Male Lead has a obvious crush on the other male but tries to hide it because he's not sure if he is open to gay people. There's jealous moments in the name of "brotherhood" but really, the other male is kidding himself. Also, he's a living contradiction. I noticed I didn't put any cdramas as an example in my first post so Love of Thousand Years is a good example. The female lead isn't aware that the Male Lead has loved her for years. She's a human that has been reincarnated again and again and the male lead is an immortal (I think? I don't remember) who has secretly loved and watched her from afar and has only decided to be involved in her life now.

Czakhareina:

in addition:

• In Time With You - and all its versions
  • Twenty Again
  • Reply 1997
  • Love is Sweet
  • Well Intended Love
  • Game Sanaeha
  • Love Now
  • Someday or One Day
  • Romance is a Bonus Book
  • Drawing, Spring
  • Operation Daisuken - and all the other versions
  • Goho's Starry Night

Drawing, Spring sounds like what I'm looking for and from the blurb I think I'll LOVE IT so thank you so much for recommending me this! I usually recognise most titles and its pretty rare that I'll find a title I haven't heard of. I'll definitely add Love is Sweet (been meaning to watch this :P), Game Sanaeha to my list. 

I've watched Well Intended Love, Someday or One Day (that was one heck of a ride), and Goho's Starry Night (absolutely LOVED this drama!)

For the others I either dropped and/or aren't into the older cast. I went into RIABB knowing I wouldn't like it because of the noona situation going on but I had to try for Lee Jong Suk but nope. 

trulyyyourzzz:

ONGOING:

• Fish Upon the Sky (every friday on GMMTV yt)
  • Lovely Writer (every Thursday on wetv.com)

FINISHED: 

• Theory of Love (This will make you cry.. OFFGUN!!!)
  • Tonhon Chonlatee (This is a story about childhood friends that became lovers <3)
  • We Best Love: No. 1 For You (this has a season 2 and this is Taiwanese)

PS: All of these series are BL Series HEHEHHE and I love them all but you should definitely watch the ongoing series first :))) 

Omg I started Fish Upon The Sky right after I posted asking for recs not knowing that it also had the other male crushing on the lead and now I cannot wait for Friday!!! I love love LOVE IT!! Like arghhhh I'm trying to express my absolute love for the drama through the screen. Can you tell? >< It's also my first airing Thai drama and when I went to check when the next ep will be out I died, this from a cdrama watcher... feel my pain. 

I'll add Lovely Writer to my watch list! I'll wait until it's all aired lol.

I'm halfway through Theory of Love but placed it on hold for now but I'll definitely complete it one day cos OFFGUN! I love Off, he's one of my favourite Thai actors. 

I finished Tonhon Chonlatee a while ago and loved it. The trope I liked here was spot on!

I'll watch We Best Love 1 after I finish the second season, I've watched 2 eps so far and love it but I'll wait until it all airs so I can binge watch. I know I should've watched the first season first but the second season popped up first on the home page ^^'

Thanks for the recs!

Btw, I like your taste in Thai BLs <3

HEHEHHEH thank youu tooo <3!

lanzhanya:
You Are My Hero sounds exactly like what I'm looking for! When I was browsing through dramas this would pop up but I never tried it cos the blurb didn't hint at any secret crushes but sorta a hate to love kinda trope. But now that you say he actually had a crush on her long before I'll definitely watch it :P

Since "ML with a secret crush" is one of my favorite tropes, I will recommend you highly highly You Are My Hero. In my heart, the main couple is my top 1 and I also loove the second one. The ML is *----*. Do I have to explain further? lmao :D I think this is the closest recs I made for what you're looking for. If you watched it one day, It will be great if you update your thoughts about it. I'm pretty curious if you'll love it as much as I do. I'm literally crazy about that drama, I can't talk about it anymore lol

lanzhanya:
When you say Male Lead do you mean Phana and the Other Man Wayo? I started 2 Moons a while ago but dropped it after a few eps cos it seemed like Wayo was the one with the secret crush and to Phana he was a stranger but was warming up to him... but your'e saying Phana actually had a crush on Wayo from long before but just didn't recognize him? If so then damnnnnn I need to rewatch that 0.0 Like I'm shook, I'm genuinely surprised by the new info.

I'll tag my explanation under spoiler alert! 

To cap it all, yeah Phana has always been crushing on Wayo... He just didn't recognize him without his glasses (I know it sounds illogical and yeah it is lol). If you had stopped it before that revelation, this means that you miss it! They were basically crushing on each other but never admit or confess it haha. When Phana realizes that Wayo is the glasses guy, he becomes jealous and possessive etc... So, maybe you'll like it when this part comes into the drama!

lanzhanya:
Aaaahh Love and Redemption... please don't kill me but I've tried and dropped it numerous times and I gave it so many chances because it was so popular so I wanted to see why but I just couldn't get into it >< By no means cos it's historical, I LOVE historical cdramas but this just wasn't my kinda drama.

I'll not kill you but It's painful, I think I'm bleeding... lol. Not everyone can love every drama! I have also very popular dramas that I disliked. Don't force yourself if you don't like it, then you can find something else that you'll enjoy! My poor Si Feng ... he will survive I guess lmao :D

lanzhanya:
Thank you so much for the recs! Love the huge and descriptive list! And OMG you like the trope too?High five! 

It's funny how now I'm recommending but there's this Thai BL that's currently airing called Fish Upon The Sky and is exactly what I'm looking for right now, it has the MLs with a secret crush trope! Only the first ep is out but the Male Counterpart is already getting jealous but you would have to study his face for it :P It is reallyyyyyy good, I highly recommend it to you! In  A Girl Like Me the Male Lead develops a crush/liking on her VERY early on but hides it/doesn't admit it to her and so he has to make excuses in a round about way to stop the Female Lead from getting married. He gets jealous very often in the drama and I lived for that >.< Tonhon Chonlatee is a Thai BL and the other male has had a secret crush on him from childhood but doesn't admit it. The Male Lead has a obvious crush on the other male but tries to hide it because he's not sure if he is open to gay people. There's jealous moments in the name of "brotherhood" but really, the other male is kidding himself. Also, he's a living contradiction. I noticed I didn't put any cdramas as an example in my first post so Love of Thousand Years is a good example. The female lead isn't aware that the Male Lead has loved her for years. She's a human that has been reincarnated again and again and the male lead is an immortal (I think? I don't remember) who has secretly loved and watched her from afar and has only decided to be involved in her life now.

I took notes, I took notes.... High Five Yeah! Good to see someone sharing the same tastes! Always a pleasure ;) Thank u very much btw, A Girl Like Me and Fish Upon The Sky went directly in my PTW, maybe Love of Thousand Years will soon!

LoveYouDramaWorld:
I'll tag my explanation under spoiler alert! 

To cap it all, yeah Phana has always been crushing on Wayo... He just didn't recognize him without his glasses (I know it sounds illogical and yeah it is lol). If you had stopped it before that revelation, this means that you miss it! They were basically crushing on each other but never admit or confess it haha. When Phana realizes that Wayo is the glasses guy, he becomes jealous and possessive etc... So, maybe you'll like it when this part comes into the drama!

The way Phana doesn't recognise his crush because of glasses is ridiculously funny but now that you confirmed it I'll have to rewatch it carefully again :P Can you tease which ep Phana realises he's his crush? I'll watch the whole thing but I'm just too curious gahhh

LoveYouDramaWorld:
I'll not kill you but It's painful, I think I'm bleeding... lol. Not everyone can love every drama! I have also very popular dramas that I disliked. Don't force yourself if you don't like it, then you can find something else that you'll enjoy! My poor Si Feng ... he will survive I guess lmao :D

Thanks for sparing my life lol! Sorry Si Feng ^^'

lanzhanya:

The way Phana doesn't recognise his crush because of glasses is ridiculously funny but now that you confirmed it I'll have to rewatch it carefully again :P Can you tease which ep Phana realises he's his crush? I'll watch the whole thing but I'm just too curious gahhh

Actually never mind! I'm on ep 4 now and if you didn't tell me Phana had a crush on him and only realised when Wayo put on his glasses I wouldn't have known ever because he continues on being a jerk smh, but now I understand why he was staring like that during the 1 2 3 I Love You scene and the comments on both yt and the pinkmilk subs.