Hi, I really love rom-coms and everything but I kinda have enough of the weak female characters who have to be protected by the male characters. o.O So I can't give you a good example but maybe you know a drama or a movie where the female lead "protects" the male lead. It doesn't have to be like a bodyguard job but I'd love a drama where the female lead is strong (also in fighting or self-defense etc.) and also not stupid or naive whereas the male lead is kinda weak compared with the woman...is there a drama/movie like that? I like watching Kdramas and Jdramas the most but if you have something from another country, I'm happy to watch it. So please please, if you know one tell me :D
You can try Empress Ki , it's pretty long but very intense ;) I never felt bored while watching this drama.
The Princess' Man (not a rom-com at all) Queen In Hyun's Man Padam Padam (not a rom-com) Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang (not the best drama ever, make sure whether you want to watch it :) )
Protect the Boss +1 (male lead is pretty weak) The Princess' Man +1 (the best example I can think of) Time Between Dog and Wolf, Hotel King (currently airing) Hotel King and Time Between Dog and Wolf may be a different kind of protection than you meant, but the girls are definitely trying to protect their men.
King 2 Hearts. The male lead isn't weak per say but the female lead is a very strong character.
H.I.T. is a police procedural about a tough female cop who frequently saves/protects the male lead. You might also check out Capitol Scandal, which has a kick-ass second female lead.
i agree with Protect the Boss
Sweet sweet Bodyguard :) although the drama is long, it's still worth watching :)
Thanks for all the recommendations. I will definitely check them all out :D If you find more dramas or movies like that, don't hesitate to suggest more ;)
Nice thread I will definitely be checking some of these out.
Want to add "Myung Wol the Spy" and "Wild Romance" (took me a while to remember the name of the last one^^)

I enjoyed the first one. And the second one is not great, but a nice watch.
Gaya from 'Inspiring Generation' is smart, savvy, strong, brave, protects her man in a very unorthodox way so much so, that you don't get what she is doing for a while unless you pay close attention. AND, she can kick ass and take blows! I absolutely loved her character although there were many who did not 'get' her, hated her opting for another more 'palatable, ordinary' charcter (that's as kind as I can be to this latter character).  Anyway if you haven't seen it yet give it a try.