Hello, I have been searching for a drama or a movie that has a lot of angsty love and what I mean by that is that the main leads go through a lot and its almost impossible for them to be together because everything and everyone tells them that they shouldn't be together, but despite that they love each other more than anything in the world. I wanna see the hate and love together, but not the playful enemies to lovers, actual enemies that started to develop feelings for each other although they tried hard not to. I want to see how much two people can love one another that they are ready to give their lives for each other. These are some examples of what I'm looking for and all of them are my favourites so if you could suggest something similar I would be very grateful!

- The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

- Better Days

- The Waves Of Life/ Kleun Cheewit

- Meteor Garden

- Under The Hawthorn Tree

- Scarlet Heart Ryeo

- Youth Of May

- Lie After Lie

- Snowdrop

Something in the Rain

Din Yu:
a drama or a movie that has a lot of angsty love and what I mean by that is that the main leads go through a lot and its almost impossible for them to be together because everything and everyone tells them that they shouldn't be together, but despite that they love each other more than anything in the world.

Din Yu:
I want to see how much two people can love one another that they are ready to give their lives for each other.
 Din Yu:
I wanna see the hate and love together, but not the playful enemies to lovers, actual enemies that started to develop feelings for each other although they tried hard not to.

Maybe:

If you don't mind older productions, I recommend a Korean drama from 2007 called Crazy For You. It's just so deliciously angsty I have visceral pain just thinking about it ;p

They're not exactly "enemies", but the male lead basically did something unforgivable to the female lead, and their being together is just something out of the question in the eyes of society and both of them themselves.

honey_boo:

Something in the Rain

Thank you so much, I have heard it's good, I'll watch it for sure!

Saygo :
  • The Wolf

Thank youuu, I'll check it out!

AH :

Maybe:

Ohh thank you so much, I have watched Crash Landing on You, The King's Affection, Secret and Time. I loved them all so much. I will watch the others for sure.

kura2ninja:

If you don't mind older productions, I recommend a Korean drama from 2007 called Crazy For You. It's just so deliciously angsty I have visceral pain just thinking about it ;p

They're not exactly "enemies", but the male lead basically did something unforgivable to the female lead, and their being together is just something out of the question in the eyes of society and both of them themselves.

Ahhhh I love how that sounds, I will watch it!! Thank you so much for the recommendation

Not sure if they fit what you are looking for but for angsty/forbidden/impossible love these are what came to mind:

Hey there,  glad you asked the question, I will look up the recommendations of those who posted before me ?

I just wanted to add a couple of “old” Korean drama that might have the same vibe you are looking for (somehow I feel in the past there were more angsty love stories):

• Secret (this is pretty hardcore)
  • The Innocent Man (a bit melo)
  • Shining Inheritance (has the look of a youthful rom-com but it’s deceiving)

They are all along the lines of enemies turned to lovers, not so much lovers being hindered by fate/society/family.

If you watch any of them let me know if you like them!

PS I adore Kleun Cheewit! If you also watch Thai dramas try Wong Wien Hua Jai (the 2021 version) and Praomook (though I found the FL a bit weak at times and there wasn’t a lot of sufficiently satisfying groveling at the end ?)

I'm not a robot

Just between lovers(its really good)

30 but 17

my beautiful bride(male lead was just...too badass.)

W : Two worlds

Pinocchio

Crash Landing on You - Not super angsty, but definitely forbidden, since it's about a north and south korean falling for each other.

Cruel City - Super angsty, and also definitely forbidden. The reason why is a major spoiler, if you don't mind I'll write why here: Both the ml and the fl are undercover police thinking that the other one is a criminal. Hence why both of them believe it to be forbidden.

Mr Sunshine - He is an american who used to be a slave, and she is a noble woman.

Innocent Man - She is the step-daughter of the woman the ml went to prison for.