Kimsamsoom:

Maybe because i'm looking for more mature content, I am not enjoying these youth dramas like Start Up. 

The romance in Start Up has reminded me too much of a HS romance, and maybe that is why I can't relate as I seek a more mature and secure romance.

You should watch flower of evil for the mature romance or extracurricular if you haven't, for the non romance, they're both a gem 

as much as I love Mr han y'all have to agree with me on the fact that he had three years to pursue dal mi but didn't get anywhere

Suckerforhappyendings:

as much as I love Mr han y'all have to agree with me on the fact that he had three years to pursue dal mi but didn't get anywhere

Maybe because he knew she was still pining for NDS and was being respectful?

omg i wrote on this topic back when it had only 5 pages and now it almost has 20 wow

uhm i skimmed through it a bit and since im here i can also vent a little

dont know if anyone has mentioned it before but it really irked me how the one episode that focused on dosan and his relationship with his father, they made him mature so well with that 'let's not be each others' pride and joy, lets just be father and son' talk.... and THEN have him telling dalmi that she's his dream.... i understood how in a romantic light it can be so enchanting to hear words like that, but i cant imagine how it also is a bit...faulty when you consider the previous character development

thats one of the things that gets me MAD about start up.... it has some really nice writing but its laced with faulty character development... its almost as if we're going to go back to square one

Kimsamsoom:

Maybe because he knew she was still pining for NDS and was being respectful?

or maybe he wanted her to 'fall for him naturally'? or it really is just that jipyung's character is very, VERY slow to take a stance

I must say ...For a long part of the series i actually enjoyed the comedy and everything it was so fun ...but the romance part is just frustrating me so fucking much i really want to just say If u watched this shit for romance it deserves a 3star review if u watched this for the comedy it deserves atleast a 9star review cause it was one of the funnier kdramas released as of right now ...My poor HJP being hated by screenwriter..kinda disappointing knowing that the screenwriter for pinnochio ruined this ...cliches arebetter than the unexpected atleast it doesnt ruin the drama

ownes:
dont know if anyone has mentioned it before but it really irked me how the one episode that focused on dosan and his relationship with his father, they made him mature so well with that 'let's not be each others' pride and joy, lets just be father and son' talk...

The show does a very poor job showing healthy familial relationships. The relationship NDS has with his parents sucks.

AstolfoMyWaifu:

I must say ...For a long part of the series i actually enjoyed the comedy and everything it was so fun ...but the romance part is just frustrating me so fucking much i really want to just say If u watched this shit for romance it deserves a 3star review if u watched this for the comedy it deserves atleast a 9star review cause it was one of the funnier kdramas released as of right now ...My poor HJP being hated by screenwriter..kinda disappointing knowing that the screenwriter for pinnochio ruined this ...cliches arebetter than the unexpected atleast it doesnt ruin the drama

yeah i remember laughing so MUCH on the first episodes, i cant remember the last time a show genuinely made me laugh

everything fell downhill when the business took the backseat and... whatever the writers had in mind took the wheel (romance, the weak and a bit senseless revenge pact, etc). i cant stay i didnt enjoy start up??? it's just that the drama is frustrating to watch, it irks you as much as it might enhance you - themes such as injae's business vs the men that would be replaced, for example, really caught my eye, and then there's unnecessary side romances (yes i am looking at you chul-san and saha)

Kimsamsoom:

The show does a very poor job showing healthy familial relationships. The relationship NDS has with his parents sucks.

yeah i dont think family relationships was ever the focus of the drama anyway... i think they meant to introduce a different, "emotional" type of ml (which they surely did) in a tight, usually cold scenario (business, start ups)

The previews are killing me. I don't think I will be able to trust this writer & this director again.

Well, episode 15 pretty much confirms the DoDal ending. The "like you just because it's you" logic is kinda cliched, but listing specific reasons might also make it sound contrived. I'm not sure if that could have been handled better. Also at the very end where NDS reiterated wanting to be SDM's trophy, dream, pride etc. kinda reinforces the codependent relationship and contradicts what he said to his father. I hoped during that scene that SDM would have said that herself, and mentioned more personal things. But I do like that NDS is being more supportive of SDM and giving her more autonomy overall, like with the bidding decision. The relationship overall still could have been better developed. With that said, I'm curious to see how bidding war and ransomware news will affect the other subplots involving WIJ, her disowned stepfather and brother, etc. And if Cheongmyeong does win and NDS does propose, I'm still holding out hope that DoDal ends up being a bit more developed.

Saha and Chulsan was kinda cute at first, but Chulsan's childish jealousy made it drop hard again for me.

Not looking too great for HJP based on these events and the previews... I'm betting this will end up being the most controversial thing depending on what kind of ending he'll get.

dont think jipyung's ending will be all flowers tbh... they'll either leave it with a somewhat heart-warming note thanks to the grandma or... perhaps try to tie him with someone else?? at this point i wouldn't be surprised if they hint us with an injae x jipyung ship.....

I really despise the second male lead only because he won't speak up! And I really do love him to be with Dalmi but..... then again Do san is great but he also cannot speak up.

Kefkiroth:
With that said, I'm curious to see how bidding war and ransomware news will affect the other subplots involving WIJ, her disowned stepfather and brother, etc. And if Cheongmyeong does win and NDS does propose, I'm still holding out hope that DoDal ends up being a bit more developed.

Pretty obvious the twins will be behind the ransomware and cause morning group to be blackmailed again and be forced to drop their bid.

Kefkiroth:
Saha and Chulsan was kinda cute at first, but Chulsan's childish jealousy made it drop hard again for me.

They can't show HJP have more scenes because they needed more time for an imaginary, and forced mini love triangle between SST boys and Saha.

ownes:

dont think jipyung's ending will be all flowers tbh... they'll either leave it with a somewhat heart-warming note thanks to the grandma or... perhaps try to tie him with someone else?? at this point i wouldn't be surprised if they hint us with an injae x jipyung ship.....

whatever it will be, it won't be satisfactory for sure.

Unless IU cameo :)

Kefkiroth:
Also at the very end where NDS reiterated wanting to be SDM's trophy, dream, pride etc. kinda reinforces the codependent relationship and contradicts what he said to his father.

Yeah, i so agree with you. This is the most inconsistent thing with Dodal rship. It's not about NDS character alone= it's how he treats SDM that is really inconsistent to his character and that really made the rship felt regressive. Really hope they will develop it.

Kefkiroth:
Not looking too great for HJP based on these events and the previews... I'm betting this will end up being the most controversial thing depending on what kind of ending he'll get.

true....I'm kinda scared. 

I just wished they never made HJP in love with SDM- it ruined all of the characters, not just HJP, even NDS and SDM. Imagine if it was just a fun show of the three of them being friends and HJP being their mentor and him finding a family in SST. the rivalry between HJP and NDS was useless and made this show really hard to swallow. 

edit: it also doesn't help that the love triangle caused so many ppl to unnecessarily hate against either NDS or HJP (mostly NDS tho) :( i miss the first few eps when it was wholesome and fun

Kristances:
Yeah, i so agree with you. This is the most inconsistent thing with Dodal rship. It's not about NDS character alone= it's how he treats SDM that is really inconsistent to his character and that really made the rship felt regressive. Really hope they will develop it

With 1 ep left? I doubt they will fix this.

Kristances:
I just wished they never made HJP in love with SDM- it ruined all of the characters, not just HJP, even NDS and SDM. Imagine if it was just a fun show of the three of them being friends and HJP being their mentor and him finding a family in SST. the rivalry between HJP and NDS was useless and made this show really hard to swallow. 

They doubled down on the antagonism between HJP and NDS, and HJP said he will be a loser for a while, grieving, plus we see a crying scene. 

There is just no way, I can foresee a happy ending for HJP, unless we are getting another 3 year time skip, then i'll just laugh out loud of how much lower the drama can go.

It's weird that they prioritized the happy ending of SDM's mom over HJP himself. Like literally everyone has their happy ending except for HJP.

Unless the writer thinks HJP accepting that he is not the right man for SDM is suppose to be his happy ending, which is ridiculous and facetious.