This is great, thanks so much for the info!  I just finished the series and I can't get enough of it.  Trying to read up and find more information where I can (and definitely read the novel).  

One thing that is baffling me and this thread has helped is I'm finding the phase characters are at somewhat inconsistent.

It seems that even at phase 3 Insouciant Phase of Heaven, there is a wide range since I assume many of the sword deities fall into this category as only Luo Qing Yang obtains phase 4 (or forces himself to phase 4) at the end of the show, meaning he was at phase 3 prior.   Yet how can the likes of Xiao Se, Tang Lian, WuXin, Lei Wu Jie, etc also be at phase 3 when they don't hold a candle to the sword deities?

Then there is Mo Yi, even at phase 4, I would argue he is a step above and beyond Bai Li Dong Jun who obtains phase 4.

So are there missing phases or is there just a very wide range of capabilities even within each phase?  

Thanks!

wuxiawatcher:

This is great, thanks so much for the info!  I just finished the series and I can't get enough of it.  Trying to read up and find more information where I can (and definitely read the novel).  

One thing that is baffling me and this thread has helped is I'm finding the phase characters are at somewhat inconsistent.

It seems that even at phase 3 Insouciant Phase of Heaven, there is a wide range since I assume many of the sword deities fall into this category as only Luo Qing Yang obtains phase 4 (or forces himself to phase 4) at the end of the show, meaning he was at phase 3 prior.   Yet how can the likes of Xiao Se, Tang Lian, WuXin, Lei Wu Jie, etc also be at phase 3 when they don't hold a candle to the sword deities?

Then there is Mo Yi, even at phase 4, I would argue he is a step above and beyond Bai Li Dong Jun who obtains phase 4.

So are there missing phases or is there just a very wide range of capabilities even within each phase?  

Thanks!

Hi! I haven't read the novel. But from my understanding of wuxia dramas, even if two people are in the same phase, they still have differences. One just enters the phrase, and the other is already at the peak of the phase. So, it's a very wide range of capabilities within each phase.

In addition, the one who can be the sword deity needs some special conditions, for example, the sword heart condition called 剑心, which should be pure and only focus on martial arts.

These settings in this drama are similar to 'Ever Night'.  

thank you very much for the links to the donghua! with eng subs :)

Can someone help me to understand who are "Eight Young Lords" of Beili (Lord Langya, Lei Mengsha...) and the worst people (?) like Su Muyu and Yan Zhantian, who else?

AlexisTasartir:

Can someone help me to understand who are "Eight Young Lords" of Beili (Lord Langya, Lei Mengsha...) and the worst people (?) like Su Muyu and Yan Zhantian, who else?

they are previous generation martial artists, for their history you can check 少年白马醉春风 The Young Brewmaster's Adventure animation on YouTube

@CloudA

CloudA:

For fellow commenters,  I have added the links to the animation in this post. You'll find them on the top.
Btw, This drama follows the animation closely :D

Did I miss something, Xiao Se was injured 5 years ago by that villain (one of the eunuch). When was he injured by yan zhetian.. in which episode did they mention this?

In the first few eps, I remember.