Plan to NOT WATCH

This discussion has been closed.

if you've already decided that a drama is not for you, the option to select and have a section for in your MDL list, Plan Not To Watch would be super helpful

is this something that you can do easily?  can you do it?  

the reason i ask is because i'm constantly researching dramas i've already researched and coming to the same conclusion i came to last time:  I don't want to watch this.

If there was a "plan not to watch" list, I could check my list and not do the research eight thousand times!

67votes

This is an interesting idea, I like it but I'm out of votes.

Just put it in your Dropped category!

gabby:

Just put it in your Dropped category!

Yeah but Dropped and Not Plan to Watch are not the same. The first implies that you have watched some part of a drama or just started watching it while the latter means that you do not plan to watch it at all.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Maybe have it as "Blacklist", instead of "Plan to NOT WATCH".

Plus, it will be nice to know how many people want to steer clear of a certain show/drama/movie.

putting it in dropped is definitely not what i want to do, because i haven't watched any of it, i didn't drop it, and i like to use my lists in a particular way.  Blacklist or plan not to watch, either works for me, it doesn't really matter what it's call, as long as it does the job :)

I don't really understand the use of a list like that. I mean, if you don't plan on watching something, then just don't. What's the point of having a list like that?

(Sorry, I don't want to sound mean, but I think it would just be extra work for the staff)

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Iwyn:
I don't really understand the use of a list like that. I mean, if you don't plan on watching something, then just don't. What's the point of having a list like that?

So that it doesn't keep appearing when you search for shows/drama/movies.

Hessa:

So that it doesn't keep appearing when you search for shows/drama/movies.

And also, you can't possibly be expected to remember the name of every drama you've decided you're not interested in.  I find myself seeing a friend watching something that i haven't seen and isn't on my PTW list.  So i look it up, read the synopsis, read some reviews and comments and then think "ahhh that's right, i have no interest in this".  It would be good to get those 10 minutes back.

Oh, ok. It would be really useful if they won't appear during your search

this is quite a useless function, it wouldnt really affect me because i wont utilize it. i tink people cna just not watch a dram they dont want to watch. or i agree, put it in the dropped list if it botehrs u so much .

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 bannie:

this is quite a useless function, it wouldnt really affect me because i wont utilize it. i tink people cna just not watch a dram they dont want to watch. or i agree, put it in the dropped list if it botehrs u so much .

saving up time is not useless though -_-

I really like this idea! Because I often find myself hearing a bout a drama and then I go research about it, only to realise that I already told myself many times that I didn´t want to watch it :)

Just put it in the dropped list thats why its there.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 roseprincess:

Just put it in the dropped list thats why its there.

Nope, dropped is for something you started and did not want to continue it, while this is not.