Plan to NOT WATCH

This discussion has been closed.

3 votes from me! I would love such an option! It would be interesting if by putting it on this list, the title will show in a red color ;) But the list will be enough too!

I like the idea as it's different from "dropped" which implies you gave the drama a shot but didn't like it, whereas this implies you don't even want to start it at any point. It definitely saves time as you said (especially if what you add to the list gets "blacklisted" and doesn't appear in searches from then on) and it'd be good to find others who agree with me on not wanting to watch certain dramas or movies. 

Additionally, it could be handy if you're aware of traumatic content in a certain drama or movie (for example if there's a lot of triggering material such as detailed mentions/visualisations of cannibalism, abuse, rape, etc. present in a series that may make a lot of people uncomfortable), like if a friend told someone to avoid a certain drama because it contains a lot of disturbing content, they could add it to this list to avoid having to see it pop up in searches and to serve as a reminder to steer clear of that series. I think it could be useful in this way for those who have trauma associated with such things.

roseprincess:

Just put it in the dropped list thats why its there.

yeah i totally agree. this is exactly hte functon of the dropped list. i really want to see less clutter and more useful implementations. now not only are we going to have people with 15000 their ptw we are going to have people with 150 000 000 on their not going to watch list lolololol . 

the dropped list is for dramas you have dropped, which implies, you picked them up in the first place.

I think dropped and this "Backlist" would be the same thing, it literally just says you don't want to watch that drama because you're not interested in it. You can just pretend Droped is your backlist 

EricaHuang:

I think dropped and this "Backlist" would be the same thing, it literally just says you don't want to watch that drama because you're not interested in it. You can just pretend Droped is your backlist 

yeah . or just put it into one of the custom lists. lets keep the mess to a minimum. 

the custom lists are hard to manage, they're clunky, you can't sort them, and they're not "watch lists" which is what the drama list is all about.   I can see there are people who could use something like this aside from me.  If it's something that you won't use, but it's implementation won't affect you in any way, then just don't use it - problem solved.

EricaHuang:

But i use my dropped list for dramas I've begun, and didn't like; this is a completely different thing and i don't want to use a dropped list for this.

Would love this for all the reasons you all have given! Especially getting back that extra 10 minutes...i end up doing this all too often.  

can't they just edit the "add" feature to enable us to add any show to whatever list we want by just clicking on it instead of going to the list and searching for the show to add it . it would be much easier and people can make all the lists they want

@DREAMY  that's exactly the mechanism i was talking about.  

DREAMY:

can't they just edit the "add" feature to enable us to add any show to whatever list we want by just clicking on it instead of going to the list and searching for the show to add it . it would be much easier and people can make all the lists they want

Interesting concept. Perhaps down the road we will add this to the 'advanced' section. 

DREAMY:

Wait... doesn't this feature already exist?

Ceki:

Wait... doesn't this feature already exist?

I think you didn't get what I meant. I don't think that feature exists (or maybe it's me who got it wrong) what I meant is that when you click on 'add'  you can just add the show to the default lists, not the lists you made and to add it to the lists you made you have to go the list first then search for the show then add it 

That's weird, just a few days ago I added some dramas and people to the lists I made by clicking on that button.

Unless... you are not talking about lists but statuses as in CW, PTW etc?

oh sorry!! That's my bad thanks for clarification