i dont really care. its quite easy. just a check mark that says subs available for episode whatever. whoever first watches it can be a nice guy and check it off. then everyone esle can be updated ya know!

and it can be color coded for that maybe

yellow for soft subs

green for hard subs

and instead of a circle the highest episode number subbed can be on my list. 

so like if its a soft subs at third episode ill say a yellow 3. 

probably very hard from a tech perspective but from a drama watcher with no money to afford coffee i tink its really GOOD!

bannie:
probably very hard from a tech perspective

Well if you admit that it's too much work for the admins then why ask? Truthfully it would be much easier to check subs yourself rather than to have someone maintain this feature. Plus subs preferences are personal (which sites you prefer to use, etc.) &  people who don't use English subs will feel left out or "oppressed" if the subs in their language are not included in the feature. I definitely wouldn't want it to divide the community. Plus legal streaming sites already show you if subs are available or not so it seems redundant? What difference does it make if you log onto dramafever or MDL to check the sub availability?

bannie:
but from a drama watcher with no money to afford coffee

(btw Viki & dramafever offer their services for free - you're just more limited to what's available)

Anajwo:

Well if you admit that it's too much work for the admins then why ask? Truthfully it would be much easier to check subs yourself rather than to have someone maintain this feature. Plus subs preferences are personal (which sites you prefer to use, etc.) &  people who don't use English subs will feel left out or "oppressed" if the subs in their language are not included in the feature. I definitely wouldn't want it to divide the community. Plus legal streaming sites already show you if subs are available or not so it seems redundant? What difference does it make if you log onto dramafever or MDL to check the sub availability?

(btw Viki & dramafever offer their services for free - you're just more limited to what's available)

It might be difficult for someone like me or you who has no knowledge on how to build websites but it should be relatively similar to the code required to list the number of episodes in a drama. It is definitely much less complex than writing a mobile app which is currently in process. 

You do not have to use the function if you are fluent in Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese and Thai. However, it is an added benefit to those who do use subs. Earlier in the thread there should also have been discussion on including the various subtitle languages. You could also do a study but quite simply this being an English website suggests that there would be a significant number of users that utilize subtitles, especially in English. 

You might use other websites like Viki and Dramafever primarily, but there are also many of us who uses MDL primarily.  In fact, you are confusing two very different genres of websites. Viki and Dramafever would be similar to Crunchyroll or Netflix. They are primarily streaming websites. On the other hand, MDL is more alike MAL or Anilist.  In fact, the standard on these websites is a notification when an episode is aired. Not only would this function be critical for MDL to catch up, English subtitles are frequently slower in Drama than Anime. Hence, the utility in implementing the above. Other than writing the code, there is no further work required because it would run like the rest of MDL does, user contribution. 

In reality, MAL and Anilist are already way beyond, not only do they notify you of the next episode, they can accurately notify you of new series that are airing or have been added to the database that you would be interested in related to your watch history.  Statistics is an integral component in that and although I am a huge advocate of statistics, it is a significantly more complex task and I see this recommendation as easier to implement and also of more immediate benefit to the website.  

Something I've actually been missing relating to this is related to my own Watchlist. In it I like to keep track of which dramas doesn't have subs, but I either have to write a "note" on it, or at the moment I rank them as "low" priority. However it would be nice if one of the options after pressing the "edit" button is to just check yes or no on subs, and you could then see that in the Watchlist. That way its easier to keep track of subs on older dramas or from countries where subs are sporadic. At least I can keep track of the ones without subs, and then check back on them from time to time. 

If adding an official subtitle notice on the drama/movie pages is to complex, this would be helpful for me at least. But I guess it depends on why you want a subtitle notice: to keep track of a few shows like me or for example because a lot of the dramas you're interested in aren't subbed and you would like to eliminate them when you search for new drama or keep track of when the subtitle arrives. Then my idea is a bit pointless. 

This is an old post, and I can see that there is disagreement over this idea, but I just want to add my support for it. Finding Korean and Chinese dramas that have subs is easier than ever, but I'm constantly searching for Japanese dramas that are subbed. Some sort of indicator saying there are or are not subs available would be nice.