can we make the reply for a comment to appear under the original comment?  its hard to follow a comment thread with new replies just get posted on top without knowing for which comment it is directed to

31votes

heh. i recommended that before. it would require the forum switching to an entirely different format. so we will see what the bosses think. i agree that it will be less messy nowadays really hard to follow 

iambulletproof:

can we make the reply for a comment to appear under the original comment?  its hard to follow a comment thread with new replies just get posted on top without knowing for which comment it is directed too

What are you referring to?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Ji-N:

I think they want something like Reddit.

Are you talking about the feeds? If you are then I 100%  agree. It's so confusing trying to read the comments on a post especially when  people are replying to each other and you can't tell who is replying to who.

Ji-N:

comments in the feeds.  like how you can quote  replies here in the forum

Still not sure if this is a bug but I second this.

Ceki:

Still not sure if this is a bug but I second this.

Just to clarify this new feature/change of design for @Ji-N / @Skye-N-Rain:   When you are replying to someone in the feeds, instead of it remaining like this:

First you hit Reply and enter a comment to who you are replying to: 

Then you hit POST, and for a second, it looks like it is gonna stay where it should be in the convo/stream of comments (If it could remain HERE that would close this case):  

BUT,  subsequently, when you do a refresh while in the feeds or come back later, you will see your comment is now above the comment you replied to.   This happens for all comments by others subsequent so its hard to follow who replied to who since it is a stream of sequential comments  sorted by date/time stamp, with the latest comment being on top.  

I am assuming we all know how this is working since we all reply in the feeds, but am just taking a moment to detail the request and/or what is happening that could benefit from some change. 

Agreed and understand the issue. I did spent some time try to make it work, but i was unable to due to how streamline the feeds are. I may revisit this issue in the future.

Ji-N:

Agreed and understand the issue. I did spent some time try to make it work, but i was unable to due to how streamline the feeds are. I may revisit this issue in the future.

Thanks so much for looking into it!