newbiefan:

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I have come across anything like that yet. I've only come across ones nobody has yet watched.

I will check out the User Project forum. I think I have found it before.

Here's the most recent project: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/community-tasks/66939-mdl-user-projects

I absolutely agree that Vietnam needs to be added!! I've been watching a lit of Vietnamese BL's lately such as Nation's Brother, Mr. Cinderella,  Follow My Sunshine,  Tien Bromance, Most Peaceful Place, My Lascivious Boss  and Monster in Law .... and I'd love to see them all show up here on MDL so I can track them as well!!

John Smith:
Making assumptions and hurling insults are not ways to motivate the staff that will probably be the ones making the final decision on what and when to add any countries.

some people around here have been waiting for years, sharing a little moment of frustration over the lack of communication about whatever progress has been made here and there is completely appropriate and healthy. also, I really don't think that any of the people who would be working on any of this are reading any of these comments. because that, too, would be a waste of everyone's time, they already know everything they need to know. also, if they wanted or indeed needed help from any of us, we'd know.

Tsuliwaensis:

some people around here have been waiting for years, sharing a little moment of frustration over the lack of communication about whatever progress has been made here and there is completely appropriate and healthy. also, I really don't think that any of the people who would be working on any of this are reading any of these comments. because that, too, would be a waste of everyone's time, they already know everything they need to know. also, if they wanted or indeed needed help from any of us, we'd know. 

Though MDL does not directly ask for help, it is mentioned in the FAQ section of the page that another country won't be added until they feel the database isn't as lacking of information. Though, I also feel the frustration since I also want Vietnam to be added.

NoirRoseHeart:
Though MDL does not directly ask for help, it is mentioned in the FAQ section of the page that another country won't be added until they feel the database isn't as lacking of information. Though, I also feel the frustration since I also want Vietnam to be added.

and that's another point I don't really understand, it's the MDL users who add dramas and movies and all the information around them to the database. and there's enough people around who are ready to go on that, all we need is the ability to add things. they really only have to add the country and leave the rest to us. or at least that is what it looks like from here. it would be nice if we knew what else is keeping them. if they need years to do what the community could easily handle in weeks if they'd just let us, I really don't know what to say to that.

Yeah, I really don't get it either. Just have to keep waiting I guess.

We have been talking abouts this for a long time yet nothing is being done about it, this is very unfair and upsetting. 

QueerDudeGermany:

Yeah I guess, there will be no adding of Vietnam to the database in the near future. 

But for BLs I found a alternative: MyBLTV. It's a new site and still in progress, but at least they have some vietnamese BLs there. 

Can we get a watchlist there? MDL treats BL like shxt here, it's annoying how they only care to SK dramas...

yess please!! Vietnamese, indonesian and turkish too. i haven't watched turkish dramas but theyre really famous now an turkey does fall under asia. these three!! please!! 

outrojean:

Can we get a watchlist there? MDL treats BL like shxt here, it's annoying how they only care to SK dramas...

To be honest, I don't know but I guess they will add it, if the users are asking. 

And Yeah BLs aren't supported here that much. I've read in the feeds that it has something to do with some of the sponsors that LGBT-Themes didn't get much attention.

QueerDudeGermany:

To be honest, I don't know but I guess they will add it, if the users are asking. 

And Yeah BLs aren't supported here that much. I've read in the feeds that it has something to do with some of the sponsors that LGBT-Themes didn't get much attention.

This makes me sad, because I really enjoy LGBTQ+ content, but especially BL's these days.  I'm finding the content to be both more fantastical in some regards, but more real and relatable in others. So, having them in the database and well supported is important to me. 

kajirae:

This makes me sad, because I really enjoy LGBTQ+ content, but especially BL's these days.  I'm finding the content to be both more fantastical in some regards, but more real and relatable in others. So, having them in the database and well supported is important to me. 

Yeah it's just what i read in the feeds, like there are no Articles supported with too much BL-Content or no news to upcoming LGBT-shows on the main page.

Reading the FAQ of MDL where they say The goal is to have a complete database from the countries we do have, instead of a incomplete database for 20+ countries.

How many years will take to have the complete database of all Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese/Thai/Filipino dramas and movies?
Wouldn't be better to have incomplete database for 20+ countries and little by little the MDL users would add dramas and movies and all the information around the database of each country.