Viki lists a load of films from Vietnam coming soon, so I think it would be a good idea to include them. Thanks!

It would be amazing if Vietnam gets added. I wanted to add the BL "Mr Cinderella" but the only thing that sadly stops me is that I can't put Vietnam as the country

nv_phuong:

There is no specific Vietnamese website, there are plenty of them. ( I cannot remember all ). I can share the link if you can tell me the name of the movie you want to watch ^^

There are several coming to Viki.com

come on MDL... let's start 2022 with Vietnam on board... (o_ _)ノ彡☆

Has anyone watched Star With A Secret (also known as My Secret Star)? Another reason Vietnam should be added to MDL.

newbiefan:

Has anyone watched Star With A Secret (also known as My Secret Star)? Another reason Vietnam should be added to MDL.

I believe that's actually in the MDL database as it's marked as South Korean.  The ML is Sung Hoon from "5 Enough" and "Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)".  If I'm reading the reviews and discussions correctly, this is similar to the BL drama "Because of You" that is marked as Taiwanese but every actor in the drama just speaks in their native language.    It includes actors from South Korea, Taiwan, and Mainland China.  

So in "Star with a Secret" the ML speaks Korean and the FL speaks Vietnamese.  I loved this idea in "Because of You".  Does it turn out well in "Star with a Secret"?

Thanks newgrl, I knew it was SK, just thought that b/c Vietnam was very definitely included and mentioned in it, and the FL has even been listed in the database it further highlights the need for Vietnam to be included on MDL

newbiefan:

Thanks newgrl, I knew it was SK, just thought that b/c Vietnam was very definitely included and mentioned in it, and the FL has even been listed in the database it further highlights the need for Vietnam to be included on MDL

at this point it would be hard to believe that it is a lack of good reasons that prevents MDL from adding Vietnam. it's probably more likely that it's just not a priority right now. they seem to be more interested in ranking actors by popularity and such things of clearly greater value for everyone. we mustn't forget that the vast majority of people around here and very young and a bit stupid (like the vast majority of people anywhere around the internet).

Tsuliwaensis:

at this point it would be hard to believe that it is a lack of good reasons that prevents MDL from adding Vietnam. it's probably more likely that it's just not a priority right now. they seem to be more interested in ranking actors by popularity and such things of clearly greater value for everyone. we mustn't forget that the vast majority of people around here and very young and a bit stupid (like the vast majority of people anywhere around the internet).

If you want people to take suggestions seriously, you should have stopped at "greater value for everyone". Making assumptions and hurling insults are not ways to motivate the staff that will probably be the ones making the final decision on what and when to add any countries.

I have commented a few times about adding new countries, and I think at one point in time a response was posted that led me to believe that a new country would not be added until they felt comfortable with the backlog of missing information from the current countries. There seems to be no doubt that more countries will be added. Why not ask how you can help speed along the process? I think the users of the site are the ones that contribute most to the information that is available on the site.

Good comment John Smith

Q. How do we contribute to filling in the missing information? I feel like I am always the last to know anything of what is happening on MDL and cannot speak/read an asian language so..?

newbiefan:

Good comment John Smith

Q. How do we contribute to filling in the missing information? I feel like I am always the last to know anything of what is happening on MDL and cannot speak/read an asian language so..?

Besides adding new titles that aren't in the database yet, a lot of missing information users tend to find on their own and fill out, like if the content rating is missing, the drama doesn't yet have a synopsis, missing episode duration, things like that.

You could aslo check out the MDL User Project forum.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I have come across anything like that yet. I've only come across ones nobody has yet watched.

I will check out the User Project forum. I think I have found it before.

You can edit info and then it gets submitted to those in charge here.  There's a blue link to "edit this page" on top of each drama.  You go there, fill in any updates you might have and then there's a click button at the end to enable you to submit your edits. HTH