Remove rating/score from PTW list.

This discussion has been closed.

I feel it's not necessary to display them as we can easily see them by scanning over the title. Also looks distracting because they appear like personal ratings. 

20votes

Okay, I will look into this. We also have another suggestion that request to put rating into PTW.

I think it's useful since it allows users to see what the average rating is and this is a factor in whether to actually watch that title or not. 

I understand Winnie's point of view, since it's very confusing for me to see the ratings of those titles. They seem like my own and it's distracting that way. Plus, the column is the same as the one on the Completed List, so it seems that the scores given on the PTW are our own. There are also titles rated without being released yet. That doesn't reflect the average rating.

Maybe renaming the column and unable users to rate shows that didn't start will help.

i disagree  WINNIE with this suggestion but i respect the individual person view 

so i suggest a thing here can it make an option for  score column hide and show  in PTW  where people can individually choose what they want without totally removing score column in PTW  that will satisfy all people

I can see that it is useful since users are able to sort from the list to show highest to lowest ratings which can help them to decide and choose. In that case keep things as they are. It was just my own view that I find them confusing because they do look like our own ratings. Maybe an option to hide the ratings would be good.

I do appreciate all the hard work and effort the admin team are doing so keep up with the great work :)

"Also looks distracting because they appear like personal ratings. " is definitely a valid point though

I personally agree with Winnie, it is distracting and I still get confused when I scroll quickly and think I've rated something only to see I haven't even watched it yet

I find it useful. maybe like Dralamlover suggested, put a choice to hide it.

Maybe change the stars to another colour like grey as a way to distinguish them from the yellow stars, that way the ratings can kept be on the list and there's no need to hide it.

For now I changed the color.

Thanks again Ji-N (^_^)

Ji-N:

For now I changed the color.

love it. thanks

same issue / same suggestion:

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/34228-ability-to-hide-certain-colums-off-your-list?pid=798028&page=1#p798028

I already gave my votes there, which thread is now valid? should I move votes here?

[i'm not satisfied with the compromise, i still want it to be removed from my watchlist]