Blocking a user means I no longer see comments by them, I can no longer see their profile, etc. This is great. But I still see their comments in discussion threads? It would be nice if those were hidden too, or if we had a way to manually hide individual replies we don't want to see that aren't necessarily reportable offences? 

4votes

You're right. I've only been blocked a few times before but I also noticed I could still see certain users' posts from FG earlier this year. The thing is it would be good for discussion threads but if playing forum games it ruins the flow if we are trying to do an alphabet game or one that requires someone to do "last letter" games. Just a minor detail to note about, even if not everyone goes to that section. 

Sunset:

You're right. I've only been blocked a few times before but I also noticed I could still see certain users' posts from FG earlier this year. The thing is it would be good for discussion threads but if playing forum games it ruins the flow if we are trying to do an alphabet game or one that requires someone to do "last letter" games. Just a minor detail to note about, even if not everyone goes to that section. 

good point, if blocking all posts makes no sense then being able to hide individual posts would be good. Not sure if that easier or harder to implement. It could be added to the little triangle menu where "share" and "report" are located and could just permanently collapse the the post from view? 

And you can still see a blocked person‘s reviews, which I think should change as well. 

Being able to "collapse" individual posts would be good, or the option to mute certain users from seeing their forum posts. 

I also have another idea how we can implement this, the blocked user's comments will be automatically shown as "hidden" similar to the spoiler tag on the Feeds, then you will have the option of actually clicking on it if you want to see them.