Closed

Users are still rating unaired dramas and films

This discussion has been closed.

Ji-N:

It actually doesn't affect the real rating or ranking, but only visually ATM.

Do you mean the bug about rating before airing or rating while a drama airs? If it is the latter,  though some still continue to disagree about it, isn't it beneficial as a whole to take into account how a rating can fluctuate as a drama progresses?

I am not trying to start up this debate again, though. However, if you were referring to that, that the ratings of currently airing dramas aren't actually counted towards the overall rank, I do have a suggestion. There could be a seperate category of ratings just for dramas currently airing. Similar to how there is a Trending list, but instead of counting by list adds, it would be counted by ratings. It would certainly put to rest the perpetual disagreements about rating currently airing dramas. :p

Again, though, I only mention it atm if those ratings are not actually being counted. 

@CherryBunny, yes it is a bug. For example https://mydramalist.com/25011-seirei-no-moribito-iii. They should not be able to select Add to "Currently watching". They only have 2 options from the drop down(that not grayed out).

CherryBunny:
Do you mean the bug about rating before airing or rating while a drama airs? If it is the latter,  though some still continue to disagree about it, isn't it beneficial as a whole to take into account how a rating can fluctuate as a drama progresses?

Before the airing. It will not affect the ranking or actual rating. The rating that you see is only for visual.

Ceki:

Rating an unaired drama/film is not an opinion lol It's a prejudice. 

A hateful and stupid vote is allowed - but only for the dramas and films that have been released/started airing.

Agreed!! I see a lot of this happen with shows/ movies starring idols

May I also add reviewing a show after 1 or 2 episodes and giving it a 10 -_- like seriously?! ugh

I still think that reviews should be locked until a drama has finished airing...

Ji-N locked this May 16, 2018 06:08 pm