Closed

What's a Karma?

This discussion has been closed.

Just noticed this on mine and others' profiles. What does it mean?

As far as I know it hasn't been announced what exactly it is or represents. However you can read more here  in this article that gives the first glance at it :o)

https://mydramalist.com/article/trailers-articles-people-episodes-and-titles-5-ways-to-help-011012897 

I hope this helps somewhat :o)

hey besties, did you ever figured out what karma points are? they just appeared on my profile today

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 cortaditas:

hey besties, did you ever figured out what karma points are? they just appeared on my profile today

as of right now, we still don't know what's for. We'll probably find out sometime soon since they already made it public for everyone. We just have to wait. :D

I really wanna know what it means

May be its somewhat similar to the karma we have in Reddit.

But in real life it is https://mydramalist.com/profile/Srthk/feeds/pYWVpcP

in my opinion: simply it counts our "hearts" given by others

a few days ago the rule for posting comments changed - editing a comment resets/cancels hearts (likes)

I guess the two things must be related as these points COUNTS now

edited:
(on second thought the number seems too high for me, I'm not even sure if I have that many posts in total)

MadiHawkins:

a few days ago the rule for posting comments changed - editing a comment resets/cancels hearts (likes)

edited:
(on second thought the number seems too high for me, I'm not even sure if I have that many posts in total)

I was thinking the same thing. The number of hearts you get for a comment.

All above and it has next to no use or purpose. 1 Like does not equal 1 karma.

Then can you please explain what does that mean ? 

MadiHawkins:

edited:

But my Karma Points just decreased 200+ a while ago, so maybe there's more to it (?)

you're right! mine dropped from 580 to 360 within the last ten hours (must be guilty of sth....eehhh)

I think it has something to do with your number of friends at least in part-otherwise it seems kinda weird that someone who I only noticed bc they keep posting, deleting immediately, rinse repeat did it twice again today and has 1208 of them... 1 feed, 155 dramas/films watched, no lists/reviews/recs, 4 edits... and the big activity=over 500 friends in their 3.5 month stay here... another with >1600 friends has 3k karma. Apparently that's the bigger factor-bigger than contributions. Maybe hearts GIVEN has something to do with it, even. Feels like being racing horses and people behind the wall gambling, raising and lowering our stakes and our worth in turn, but I'm not here for validation of me, only my love of great dramas. :P

MadiHawkins:

you're right! mine dropped from 580 to 360 within the last ten hours (must be guilty of sth....eehhh)

Did you have any edits rejected? I know that was something that kind of bumped people up/down in some ways... I figure all my karma is from edits-I'm not super active in feeds. The other option=did you trim down a formerly much bigger friends list?

All karma are from ❤️ or helpful, but it doesn't mean 1 heart equal to 1 karma when hearted. Karma points is not final so you mean see the number go up and down. Deleted contents will get deducted.