I went to edit the cast credits for this actor:

https://mydramalist.com/people/43933-wu-yu-tong

But the "search for a show" box is greyed out and I can't add her role in Your Secret. She's in every one of the first ten episodes, as  the younger sister, Gu Si, but isn't listed in the cast. I have not had any problem submitting edits before, this is the first time I've had this issue.

After waiting 24 hours, I tried again. The search box is still greyed out as it is on the cast page for the show. Why am I now barred from making any edits at all?

If you have too many rejections you won't be able to submit or add certain information. 

Ji-N:

If you have too many rejections you won't be able to submit or add certain information. 

I've only had one. I attempted to change the number of episodes in the Drama I was watching. That was my first rejection, and immediately after that, the ban on edits was implemented. "One strike you're out" seems a bit harsh, especially when implemented without warning or explanation. I got no error message telling me why I couldn't edit, which is why I had to ask here. I did ask the admins to remove the failed edit attempt, but it seems that request to withdraw the attempted edit was for some bizarre reason  treated as yet another edit attempt.

:)            

marukochan:

:)             

I'm sorry, what was the smiley for?Being barred from editing after one mistake without warning or notice doesn't make me feel much like smiling

This is a new feature we are testing and it's to prevent vandalism. It should only disable the ability for you to edit certain sections.

Ji-N:

This is a new feature we are testing and it's to prevent vandalism. It should only disable the ability for you to edit certain sections.

Those sections  include the ones I have edited successfully in the past, the cast section, both for an actor and for a show. Implementing this ban without any warning after just one error is harsh, and doing so silently, so that the user doesn't know what's happening, is strange. MDL asks users to be patient with admins and mods, but implements a "zero tolerance" policy for this? Errare humanum est

If there is no warning then it could be a bug on the client-side code. We will look into it.

Ji-N:

If there is no warning then it could be a bug on the client-side code. We will look into it.

It would also be helpful to make it public that there is ZERO tolerance and that the ban comes into immediate effect after one rejection.

I'm also unable to make edits to cast now.

My issue with this system is I literally have no other types of edits to make other than adding cast to series. I don't know enough information about most shows to make other kinds of edits, but I can add cast and link to a clip of the show where they appear as 'proof'. 

So as it is right now I'm stuck not being able to make edits for the foreseeable future, and as a long time member that sucks. 

asliceofkate:

I'm also unable to make edits to cast now.

My issue with this system is I literally have no other types of edits to make other than adding cast to series. I don't know enough information about most shows to make other kinds of edits, but I can add cast and link to a clip of the show where they appear as 'proof'. 

So as it is right now I'm stuck not being able to make edits for the foreseeable future, and as a long time member that sucks. 

It seems like there is a bug with the new update, you should be able to edit now. 

Sorry if there's a newer or simply better place to report this, but this is the thread I found so here goes:

I have had this bug happening to me, too, and the only thing I've noticed is IT IS ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY WITH NEW/AIRING SHOWS that I suddenly get an eternal spinning circle of doom. Older shows=no problem editing; adding a new person or adding/editing cast info FOR an existing person=no problem... but editing cast for an on-air show, the ones most likely to need updates frequently=bam, doom circle. I can edit ANY SECTION BUT CAST-the summary, the crew, all of it-but not the cast. It's happened with about a dozen titles in the last few months. 

With stats of "Total Edits: 1,656 LV8" (not a huge number or anything but enough to know the guidelines quite well and check them before I go in editing anything), I don't think it is because I got too much rejected. I do occasionally forget to put the source material on every single page of a show I edit (or earlier tonight I had to redo a whole stinking show's cast because I accidentally opened something in the window or hit backspace and poof the data was lost-something I really wish wouldn't happen since disqus and other in-page data get preserved... I hate submitting things mid-edit but then too much has gotten lost when my browser goes back a page and I can't just come back like nothing happened! :) I know that's more a 'suggestion' than the bug, but it sure feels buggy when I have to redo it/when it doesn't save as you go like yelp reviews and blog sites, etc. (I'm trying to stick to well-known sites, but as an old human, I don't visit a ton of sites that aren't for work or kdramas; I'm already at that critical age of denying that I'll need reading glasses very soon even though my vision was 20/20 and 20/15 just... okay, just a while ago but still!)

If there's a reason it is happening on purpose (ie if you guys are facing some kind of icky hack and closed out the cast part because someone's trying to make their star the lead in everything in the top 2,000 rank-wise), just let us know. It gets a tiny bit frustrating, though, since my brain can only remember to edit something for maybe an hour before it leaves and something else is occupying it firmly (cause, yknow, work and COVID and work in the midst of COVID kind of manages to work its way in no matter my disdain for both occupying my brain during my free time). :)