xxmai Volunteer Staff

This has been going on for quite a long time, but it seems now is the time to open up a topic for it.

The search field on the top right and also in the advanced search field in the left sidebar, don't recognize the katakana letters. That is to say, whenever you try to search a title using katakana letters (i.e. 1.ドンウォリー! ; 2.春、バーニーズで  ; 3. フェイス), the search option gives you every possible title out there, including people like South Koreans, Thai, Canadian, etc., all kinds of random pages that have nothing even remotely similar in their names or aka fields, and maybe somewhere on the last page, if the title (person) even exists, will give you the title (person) that you were originally looking for in the search field.

Example for 1. ドンウォリー! = http://prntscr.com/ulqlbb (MDL link)
Example for 3.  フェイス = MDL link

^ neither of these two titles exist on MDL, yet they show 11 pages of random titles and people.

Can we please fix this, as it's becoming hard to click 11+ pages on each title one by one to see if the title you're looking for is that one or not. (:

Yeah i agree. Especially when now i try add tons of titles, it's very hard to even confirm, if the title/person is there. So only i can do, is or leave it, and check later or just do so manualy, many times, checking in search field, many variations of names/titles etc.  And just praying, that if title/person is in the database, someone added all akas or i have a good eye for a poster/face, and find the correct title, if it's there, I also think, that it will reduce a little doubles, because tbh, not many people have nerves, to dig to the 3244565 page, and confirm that title ain't there.  They will just add it.