Showing the number of followers can create a competitive nature between users and it won't be good but rather toxic

Plus the ones who are following someone should be anonymous or at least give an alternative anonymous feature like flower one. Not everyone is comfortable with sending friend requests 

So it's better to remove it honestly 

I agree with this.

Also in the privacy settings I have set the following feature to 'only me' but I've been told by another user it still shows up on my profile. Hope this can be fixed. I would like the option to hide it. 

Winnie:

I agree with this.

Also in the privacy settings I have set the following feature to 'only me' but I've been told by another user it still shows up on my profile. Hope this can be fixed. I would like the option to hide it. 

the privacy setting hide the list of users who follow and you are following, not the numbers of users who follow and you are following. 

Kate:

the privacy setting hide the list of users who follow and you are following, not the numbers of users who follow and you are following. 

Ahh....I see. Thanks for explaining :)

I can't see who I have followed. It's only one follower but now I can't remember who it was lol. 

When I click on 'following' it comes up empty so I can't see who it is. 

Edit: Looks like it's worked. I have cleared my following back to 0.

Thanks to the admin team working hard to fix everything :)

I agree. Best if people following can remain anonymous. The number and the list of people I follow could be placed at Friends page and visible only to me(if I set it like that). There is no need to show it on profile page. And the number of points is few rows below as contribution points. Why to add it again?
Or I want to have an option to hide this new row at my profile page for everyone (including me).

If people following me can't be all anonymous then I would welcome this option in privacy settings:
Do you want your name to be visible at other people following lists?: YES / NO. 

This way everyone who want to remain hidden could have the option to do so. Also hidden people would not generate any notification to the one, who they want to follow.

kardasx:
The number and the list of people I follow could be placed at Friends page and visible only to me(if I set it like that). There is no need to show it on profile page. And the number of points is few rows below as contribution points. Why to add it again?

agree on both

"following", "followers"... why does it need to look like some kind of an instagram pinterest account?

besides the feature is only related to posting on feeds

I cannot follow anybody based on the comment history (of public comments posted on show/actor pages) because there is no such feature (either public or private, back in old days all forums had a default feature that enabled their registered users to access the history of comments of any user)

so why show it on my profile page? many mdl members don't use feeds at all
if this was intended as an incentive, I feel it more as pressure

I would like to ask (taking the opportunity):

if I want to follow the admins and see their posts on feeds, do I need to join Global Space, or not? (i'm clueless)

kardasx:
And the number of points is few rows below as contribution points. Why to add it again?

ok... so now "contribution points" got exchanged for "karma points" shown under the user's profile picture
(and the line "karma points" got deleted)

I can understand the change, but what is the progress on the subject of "karma points"?
https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/65805-q-regarding-karma-points

it's been almost a year since the karma points got introduced last June and it's still not working

honestly if there's no solution to the problem I think this one should be just turned off and not shown at all

from my point of view, it is no gain no loss.

Pijush:

Showing the number of followers can create a competitive nature between users and it won't be good but rather toxic

Plus the ones who are following someone should be anonymous or at least give an alternative anonymous feature like flower one. Not everyone is comfortable with sending friend requests 

So it's better to remove it honestly 

Im sorry, i know this thread isnt for this, but what is the flower feature? 

Cherry:

Im sorry, i know this thread isnt for this, but what is the flower feature? 

This. You can gift other people these awards while remaining anonymous.

Elite:

This. You can gift other people these awards being anonymous.

Ah i see, that makes sense! ^^ Thank for showing, but is there any specific reason to gift or just because?

Cherry:

Ah i see, that makes sense! ^^ Thank for showing, but is there any specific reason to gift or just because?

Just to show appreciation to the user you're gifting to. At this moment this gift feature is available in feed post and comment only.

That makes sense, thanks :)

I know some of our followers got reset since we had hundreds of them but then why do some people with less friends still get to keep them as their followers? It should be reset back to its original state for everyone too. 

Elite:

Just to show appreciation to the user you're gifting to. At this moment this gift feature is available in feed post and comment only.

I wish this could be implemented on the front page next to those message/add friend/follow button (。-_-。) I asked about it back in February but no response so I bumped that thread up again lol