I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or shares the same view. On average I find the historical lakorns to better acted and have good stories. They can drag a bit or be a little slow but I usually won't walk away from one. What do you all think?

I agree although I have not seen many. I have trouble finding any with english subtitles. I LOVED Koo Gum and Tawipob!
Which ones would you recommend? 
  1. Tawipob *this involves a woman traveling back in time and meeting the male lead 8.3/10 (GROOD)
  2. Wanida *an man and woman marry at the insistence of her father and the story follows their relationship 8.0/10 (GOOD)
  3. Koo Gum *this is a love story between a Japanese officer and a Thai woman who hates the Japanese 8.5/10 (GREAT)
  4. Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah *Follows a woman forced to marry a man she despises 7.4/10 (OKAY)
I have not seen many and I hope you find something you like on my list.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. 

Here are some of my recs!

1. Gentleman of Jutathep Series (Series about 5 brothers ad how they meet their wives) Link is the 1st lakorn but there are actually 4 other stories.Just look at related Content below. 
  2. Padiwaradda
  3. Roy Ruk Hak Liam Tawan (cool focus on Japanese history)
  4. Roy Fun Tawan Duerd (Sequel to above)
  5. Mafia Luerd Mungkorn: Suer (Great chemistry)
  6. Sapai Jao (even though I haven't finished it I still enjoy the back and forth with the leads)

@ihatebutterfingers --- Thank you
--  I heard Tawipob is very good
--  Koo Gum and Wanida are very very good...although Wanida is just period drama set in 1950's.
--  I din't much like Tam Hua Jai Pai Sood Lah --- weak writing ... But loved Willie and his character!

@DioscuriDeux ...u list some very good period dramas from mid-twentieth century .... I would add:
--- Nung Nai Sueng (2005) ... as one of best written lakorns ... Not action, just a wonderful situational Rom-com w/ great banter, well-developed characters..... Also, Ken makes Neung complex, nuanced w/ deeper feelings, much better than 2015 version.

For Boran lakorns, I heard these are good.... but I haven't seen them:
---  Ka Badin
---  Bang Rajan  

Any other good ones?
Where did you all watched Tawipob? I can't find it :(
@AnanyaS - Tawibop is available for download from Alwaysmeena 
It was on Viki, but as u probably know, Viki removed almost all lakorns 2 months ago... don't know if anyone has an obscure link to streaming it somewhere.

P.S. I always check Jasmine Lakorns (aka lakornsworld2.blogspot) .... they have most comprehensive list of links to view lakorns ...although, on very rare occasions, they have missed a link or two...very rare, but it may happen.

EDIT:  DramaCool, Dramanice, KissAsian, even Doramax264 all have lakorns now, although a small selection usually.
@rainruma Thank you! Yes,I know viki (unfortunately) took down all the links, it makes it harder to find a lakorn, since that's the first place i try to find a drama.
Alwaysmeena does have it, although the links are too big (~1 GB) so i won't be able to download them :(
I'll check lakornsworld2.blogspot too.. Hope I'll find it!
Prissana is also a really good one!