I've never seen a lakorn before, and while I'm open to them, the reason I always stayed away was because of the length of the episodes. I tend to avoid dramas that are too long, either in episode number or episode length, because I tend to get bored and my attention wanders.

However, I was recently recommended a lakorn (Kleun Cheewit) and after reading the description of it, I really want to give it a try. It seems like exactly my cup of tea. I also enjoy the dysfunctional relationship tropes which apparently are frequent in lakorns.

For those of you who have seen this lakorn or watch lakorns frequently so are used to the format, is it easier to lose interest in lakorns because of the length? Are they particularly fast paced?

I would just hate to start it, love the story, but lose motivation because of the length or pacing...

I'm not someone who's seen many Thai dramas, but I have see Kleun Cheewit. The 2 hour long episodes might seem pretty long, but with 16 episodes,  it's not stretching it that much. Kleun Cheewit is something I would consider a slow burn romance. The romance develops slowly, but naturally. It doesn't get boring, because it allows you to anticipate the romance. So, I recommend that you watch it. It's pretty good.

Yes, a lot of lakorn have super long episodes. haha That's why I'm a bit slower to finish them than other lakorn. But I have recently found some that have shorter episodes. If I can remember the titles, I'll link them here. :)

Kleun cheewit is for sure worth watching! When it comes to watching lakron i usually skip scenes that I find boring or uninteresting .. especially  if it has nothing to with the otp and their story and trust there's a lot of scenes like that in lakrons. I had to  skip some scenes  in kleun cheewit like with the seondary couples since their stories were becoming redundant and I just didn't care for them. 

SarahEm:

I'm not someone who's seen many Thai dramas, but I have see Kleun Cheewit. The 2 hour long episodes might seem pretty long, but with 16 episodes,  it's not stretching it that much. Kleun Cheewit is something I would consider a slow burn romance. The romance develops slowly, but naturally. It doesn't get boring, because it allows you to anticipate the romance. So, I recommend that you watch it. It's pretty good.

Thank you! I guess it's the equivalent to two kdramas, and maybe three jdramas or so... Even if the romance is slow, does the plot move fast enough to keep things pretty interesting?

Sleepninja:

Yes, a lot of lakorn have super long episodes. haha That's why I'm a bit slower to finish them than other lakorn. But I have recently found some that have shorter episodes. If I can remember the titles, I'll link them here. :)

Thank you very much!

Ebby:

Kleun cheewit is for sure worth watching! When it comes to watching lakron i usually skip scenes that I find boring or uninteresting .. especially  if it has nothing to with the otp and their story and trust there's a lot of scenes like that in lakrons. I had to  skip some scenes  in kleun cheewit like with the seondary couples since their stories were becoming redundant and I just didn't care for them. 

Thanks, that's good to know. I've never skipped a scene in a drama before (typically if they start to bore me so much I'm skipping scenes, I just drop the drama). Do you lose a lot if you skip the secondary scenes? If not, what are they even there for?

You're My Destiny - 1 hour episodes

Jai Luang - 55 min episodes

U Prince Series- The Handsome Cowboy - 1 hour episodes (I think the other lakorn in this series are also only 1 hour)

Princess Hours - 45 min episodes